Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 03 2012
By: Fakehound Treasure Hunter 4774 posts

Regarding the Para 9 and Raffica.

[ Edited ]
53 replies 735 views Edited Aug 3, 2012

The intro

I have made a couple threads like this before and I have decided to kick it back up again but with more focus.

We all know the Tau is getting a 30% ROF increase in 1.13. However the Raffica, has been ignored like a red-headed stepchild. The Para 9 is king of the pistols at the moment, which just isn't right. Each pistol should have its own advantage, right now the Para 9 is not only the jack of all trades, but the master of them as well. I'm not mentioning the Micro because I think it is perfectly fine, it does what it was designed to do well. All I ask is that you guys keep an open mind, I want each gun to have its own style, right now that simply isn't the case.

The proposal

What I propose happens is that the Raffica receives two small yet necessary buffs. The Para 9 would get both a nerf and a buff. Yeah thats right, a buff, but a small one I promise! We all know the Para 9 rocks when it comes to blindfiring, simply put it shouldn't, that is the Micros thing. It also beats the Raffica at long range fire, it shouldn't because that should be the Raffica's thing! We can't judge how the Tau will be since it hasn't been buffed yet, but the Tau is in a different ballpark when compared to the other pistols so lets focus on the main two that we can change for now. Be honest, what is the most used pistol you see? I'll tell you right now that your answer is the Para 9.

Changing the Para 9

What I think the Para 9 needs to be good at is being an accurate pistol in medium range combat. So what if ND nerfed its blindfire accuracy a good bit? To give you an idea of how much the blindfire accuracy would go down, If you equipped a blindfire mod it would have the blindfire accuracy of a base Para 9 right now. In exchange, how about ND make the accuracy mod something worth using.

Right now you simply don't see people using the Para 9's accuracy mod because quite simply it sucks compared to every other mod. However if the accuracy mod decreased the Para 9's recoil a tad bit, that'd be something worth using right? This gives us a choice, should we use Marlowe's Para 9, the Jade Para 9, the ND Para 9, or the Accuracy Para 9!? Each have their own benfits and they would act totally different!

TL;DR

Decrease blindfire accuracy

Decrease recoil when using accuracy mod

Changing the Raffica

Now on to the Raffica, oh boy what a gun. Honestly, I see this about as often as I see someone using a Tau. What I suggest is simple, give it slight stopping power and make it take 1 less bullet to kill. At the moment you have to have pinpoint accuracy when using the Raffica, well that is hard since people tend to like moving around!

If you miss even one burst your chance of getting a kill are severely low, especially considering you have to reload very frequently when you aren't using a extended clip. What this buff does is make the Raffica a mini G-MAL without being as powerful as a G-MAL itself. Right now it wants to be a G-MAL, but it doesn't know how to be one. It has none of the G-MALs good characteristics. So please, give it something to work with because right now it is honestly about as useful as a Tau.

TL;DR

Give slight stopping power

1 bullet less to kill.

tlousig2
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 54 (735 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Re: Regarding the Para 9 and Raffica.

Aug 3, 2012

couldn't agree more...I was going to bring up the para 9 at some point actually, just because it is the best at absolutely everything. I think you got it spot on to be honest

Para (Med Range)

Micro(Short Range)

Raffica(Long Range)

Tau(Nothing)

makes sense to me!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 54 (720 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 3, 2012

I think if you tried to decrease the recoil anymore on the Para9, it would be a waste, but I do have a fantastic alternative!

Have the Accuracy Mod for the Para9.... Remove Jamming!!!

As for the Raffica I've been on the one bullet less bandwagon for a while.

Stopping power wise, I think all the pistols should gain very small amounts of stopping power, or up to half of what their long gun counterparts have.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 54 (701 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I think if you tried to decrease the recoil anymore on the Para9, it would be a waste, but I do have a fantastic alternative!

Have the Accuracy Mod for the Para9.... Remove Jamming!!!

As for the Raffica I've been on the one bullet less bandwagon for a while.

Stopping power wise, I think all the pistols should gain very small amounts of stopping power, or up to half of what their long gun counterparts have.

hmm.....a para 9 without the jamming, now that sounds deadly XP

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 54 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Fine. But I don't want a huge stopping power bonus like the GMAL has. I like the idea someone else posted of the accuracy mod being a mod to stop jamming though, but the para 9 might be as powerful as the M9 from Uncharted 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 54 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4774 posts

Aug 3, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
Fine. But I don't want a huge stopping power bonus like the GMAL has. I like the idea someone else posted of the accuracy mod being a mod to stop jamming though, but the para 9 might be as powerful as the M9 from Uncharted 2.

You mean the 92FS? Nah, I couldn't see that happening this time around. And yes of course, the Raffica's stopping power would be small.

tlousig2
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 54 (660 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 3, 2012
totally agreed. Everyone I see is using the Para 9 it's simply the best. And I like the reffica, I use it sometimes but it's not powerfull like all the others. The Tau is actually a good weapon, but only one shot? Just being honest, only one shot is a little bit unfair, if yes let's not make it a weapon you choose, only a gun you find like the Mag5... Sorry if I disagree about this one shot thing.. But it's just my choice :smileywink:

but agreed at all!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 54 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Interesting idea. I also agree that the raffica needs a buff. After the blindfire nerf it became obsolete.

P.S. Don't hate on the Tau, it kicks @$$.  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 54 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Aug 3, 2012
TL;DR

Decrease blindfire accuracy

Decrease recoil when using accuracy mod

TL;DR

Give slight stopping power