Highlighted
May 28 2012
By: Fakehound Treasure Hunter 4795 posts

Regarding the uselessness of grenades ಠ_ಠ [Support for cake]

[ Edited ]
172 replies 698 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

The Intro.

A long, long time ago in a game far, far away grenades were feared. These things of beauty were wonderful and somewhat plentiful. Fast forward to now and grenades are a total joke, seriously, laughable at best. Just about the only time you can get a grenade kill now is by bouncing it off a wall (which isn't possible most the time) or by praying that they pick up a weapon instead! Naughty Dog this is absolutely ridiculous! Grenades are mainly meant to flush out campers or someone taking cover.  Guess what, now not only is it ineffective, they can use them against you! Blindfire is also a surefire strategy because of this too. If someone blindfired you in U2 you could easily chunk a grenade behind you and they would be finished, now they just chunk it back with ease.

In the summer beta, throwing back grenades was fine because it was much harder to accomplish, grenades NEED to be reverted back to their beta state. This also seriously affects the usefulness of mega bomb and cluster bomb, why can someone that is not remotely near your grenade run back and use it against you and your team!?  Not only do we only have 1 grenade slot now, but on most maps grenades are scarce and have way too long of a respawn time. I'm not saying to remove throwback grenades because I seriously doubt you will, but I definitely think they should be much harder to throw back.

The Fix.

There are two simple fixes to this that would not be hard to implement. First make it so you have to be extremely close to the grenade to throw it back, currently it can seriously be 4-5 feet away and you can throw it back with ease. Secondly, lower the time that you are allowed to throw the grenade back. At the moment you have way too much time to throw the grenade back. Heck I might as well go walk my dog, eat brunch, come back and shower, get dressed, and then come back to the game and still throw it back. If you guys agree then please support the thread because I, along with many others want grenades to be useful again, they were fine in the beta, and they are almost useless now.

The Support

I can't say how much supporting helps things like this happen. Look at patch 1.11, a lot of the updates are what the community asked for, now is the time to be asking for major changes, while ND are being active. This change will never occur if this thread doesn't get support, if a thread asking for a specific skin can get 30 likes in a day or two, then something as important to gameplay should be able to do the same. The power to change this is in your hands, silently agreeing just won't cut it. Tell ND how you really feel.

tlousig2
Message 121 of 173 (698 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

Re: Regarding the uselessness of grenades. [Support for cake]

Apr 28, 2012

Or ND could just make it a booster, since it's so easy.

Message 1 of 173 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Apr 28, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Or ND could just make it a booster, since it's so easy.

max

ND isn't in the habit of making boosters after the game releases and besides I think grenades should work the same for everyone.

tlousig2
Message 2 of 173 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Add 2 grenade slots?

Message 3 of 173 (698 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

Apr 28, 2012

munnsy1 wrote:

Add 2 grenade slots?

Or just use Explosive Expert. Lol.

Message 4 of 173 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Apr 28, 2012

munnsy1 wrote:

Add 2 grenade slots?

While I agree that would help, grenades themselves would still be horrible. Plus explosive expert wouldn't be effective in the slightest.

tlousig2
Message 5 of 173 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Agree, i was thinking about this last week because i played U2 and i remembered how usefull grenades were.

In U2 it was easy to flush out campers but here? No way, if you can make it bounce of a wall or something theres no way to flush them out.

I miss the old grenades

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 173 (698 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1199 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Another thing that was better in the first beta...

I agree, it should be much harder to throw a grenade back, I remember killing someone in the beta doing so and thinking "Wow, that was awesome", because it really was a rare thing. Now the rare thing is getting the grenade to explode at the place you threw it.

Not only the timer is too long, but the distance at which you're able to press triangle is plain ridiculous, you can be 5 meters away from the grenade and still throw it back. I remember how it was a risk to go to the grenade back in the beta and try to take it, now the risk is to go away from it instead of throwing it back.

Another change that does not make sense at all.

Message 7 of 173 (698 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Add 2 grenade slots?

While I agree that would help, grenades themselves would still be horrible. Plus explosive expert wouldn't be effective in the slightest.

Huh? Explosive Expert is multiple slots.

Message 8 of 173 (698 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Apr 28, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Add 2 grenade slots?

Huh? Explosive Expert is multiple slots.

max

If we were all given 2 grenade slots then grenade expert would only give you one more. Basically giving us more slots would nerf it, I'm fine if they add a second slot, but they would need to buff explosive expert in some way if they did.

tlousig2
Message 9 of 173 (698 Views)
0 Likes