Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Remember the map pack discussion?

Mar 4, 2013
^ That would be so awesome.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 25 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Mar 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ That would be so awesome.

I prefer normal maps, but it's better than nothing I guess...

@nanashi: they can't put more Uncharted 2 maps in Uncharted 3, all of them are already in Uncharted 3, in fact, there are more maps from Uncharted 2 in Uncharted 3 than there are Uncharted 3 maps in Uncharted 3:

Uncharted 2 (12 maps in order of release):

Plaza (first beta)

Village (first beta)

Ice Cave (second beta)

Temple (second beta)

Lost City (release date)

Sanctuary (release date)

Train Wreck (release date)

Fort (free dlc)

Facility (first pack of dlc)

Flooded Ruins (first pack of dlc)

Highrise (second pack of dlc)

Museum (second pack of dlc)

Uncharted 3 (11 maps in order of release):

Airstrip (first part of the first beta)

Chateau (first part of the first beta)

Yemen (second part of the first beta)

City of Brass (release date)

Desert Village (release date)

London Underground (release date)

Syria (release date)

Graveyard (dlc pack)

London Streets (dlc pack)

Oasis (dlc pack)

Old Quarter (dlc pack)

So there is one more Uncharted 2 map, not to mention the quality of the Uncharted 2 maps are way better than the from the single-player copied Uncharted 3 maps (Desert Village, Syria and Chateau being the most obvious), the only UC3 map I really like is Yemen, while Uncharted 2 has my most favorite map Highrise and other awesome maps like Museum, Facility, Sanctuary, Lost City, Train Wreck and Ice Cave, a well...

Message 12 of 25 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 5, 2013

There is only two map packs.

Fort co-op is not a pack.

Unless they were defining it as a pack based on the fact that it's packaged up into a download, then an install, then you get your item which does make it a pack, but makes it a complete scam for the end user.

Which it was, I still feel like I was mugged to this very day.

Message 13 of 25 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Unless they were defining it as a pack based on the fact that it's packaged up into a download, then an install, then you get your item which does make it a pack, but makes it a complete scam for the end user.

only 2? they promised 4, we got 2 flashback map packs and 1 UC3 map pack, which makes 3, indeed the fort is not a map pack, which Eric just did confirm in the Naughty Dog blog, so considering he now agrees with us the fort not being a map pack, he can start working on the fourth map pack, good luck Eric! Smiley Wink

EDIT: I posted a question about the 4th map pack in the march Q and A, I don't expect Naughty Dog to make a fourth map pack but who knows, so if you like to get what you paid for, don't forget to kudo the question, so that the chanche of getting it answered rises a little, it's in the middle of page 8 Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 25 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20180 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Fort Adventure was considered a "pack" in ND's eyes.

Yes, it's lousy.
Message 15 of 25 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Mar 5, 2013
They also said there was anniversary content that wasn't ready for the anniversary. It was supposed to be coming soon...
Message 16 of 25 (238 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

only 2? they promised 4, we got 2 flashback map packs and 1 UC3 map pack, which makes 3, indeed the fort is not a map pack, which Eric just did confirm in the Naughty Dog blog, so considering he now agrees with us the fort not being a map pack, he can start working on the fourth map pack, good luck Eric! Smiley Wink

EDIT: I posted a question about the 4th map pack in the march Q and A, I don't expect Naughty Dog to make a fourth map pack but who knows, so if you like to get what you paid for, don't forget to kudo the question, so that the chanche of getting it answered rises a little, it's in the middle of page 8 Smiley Happy

Oh right. I forgot the flashback maps were in different packs.

Still, they separated them for the sake of separating them. they never belonged in different packs so it may aswell have been two. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 25 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Why does Arne act like he has a set on the NeoGAF forums and not on his own job required forums?

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 18 of 25 (193 Views)
Wastelander
699 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I always wondered why there was no CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ... it was a F CLEAR RIP OFF

if we look at definitions a Multiplayer Map is not the same as a Multiplayer Game Mode Smiley Wink

ND give me my ''MULTiPLAYER MAPS'' and shove your Multiplayer Coop Game Mode up your hairy sweaty unwashed **bleep**.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 19 of 25 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Lenown wrote:

Why does Arne act like he has a set on the NeoGAF forums and not on his own job required forums?

Because some of us are a bit more critical here and wont take the same type of crap that they do on that site probably.

I faintly remember Eric trying to wiggle out of the map pack fort thing and basically got torn apart.

Message 20 of 25 (161 Views)
0 Likes