Mar 04 2013
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 2839 posts

Remember the map pack discussion?

[ Edited ]
24 replies 487 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

When we all bought the Fortune Hunter's Club more than a year ago we were promised to get 4 map packs, proof:

The Fortune Hunters’ Club DLC program entitles you to the first four multiplayer map packs and the first three multiplayer skin packs for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception with the first DLC release coming in November. Pre-order now for only $24.99 and immediately score the exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club THEME, then with each DLC release you will receive an XMB message on your PS3 linking you directly to the content on the PlayStation Store! Valued at over $45.00, these DLC releases will be must-haves for any UNCHARTED fan.

So, we only got 3 map packs and 1 coop adventure map called The Fort, there was a lot of discussion about this, Naughty Dog considered The Fort to be a map pack and said that we got all we were promised to get for the Fortune Hunter's Club, but the fans disagreed and felt robbed, also because 2 of the other map packs were maps from Uncharted 2 only with other wheather effects, season changes or day/night switch and the character skins we got were also mainly from Uncharted 2, not to mention that the new mode we got called shade survival was bad, anyway, Naughty Dog wouldn't agree...

...but then I read this on the Naughty Dog blog about free2play:

UNCHARTED™ 3: Multiplayer DLC Map Packs
Unlocks all three DLC map packs released for UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception™.

Includes Flashback Map Pack 1, Flashback Map Pack 2, and Drake's Deception Map Pack.

ALL THREE DLC MAP PACKS? So there are only 3 map packs in this game now? that's great, Naughty Dog, when do we get the fourth one? looking forward to it! :smileyhappy:

EDIT: I posted a question about the 4th map pack in the march Q and A, I don't expect Naughty Dog to make a fourth map pack but who knows, so if you like to get what you paid for, don't forget to kudo the question, so that the chanche of getting it answered rises a little, it's in the middle of page 8 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (487 Views)
Survivor
2201 posts

Re: Remember the map pack discussion?

Mar 4, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

When we all bought the Fortune Hunter's Club more than a year ago we were promised to get 4 map packs, proof:

The Fortune Hunters’ Club DLC program entitles you to the first four multiplayer map packs and the first three multiplayer skin packs for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception with the first DLC release coming in November. Pre-order now for only $24.99 and immediately score the exclusive Fortune Hunters’ Club THEME, then with each DLC release you will receive an XMB message on your PS3 linking you directly to the content on the PlayStation Store! Valued at over $45.00, these DLC releases will be must-haves for any UNCHARTED fan.

So, we only got 3 map packs and 1 coop adventure map called The Fort, there was a lot of discussion about this, Naughty Dog considered The Fort to be a map pack and said that we got all we were promised to get for the Fortune Hunter's Club, but the fans disagreed and felt robbed, also because 2 of the other map packs were maps from Uncharted 2 only with other wheather effects, season changes or day/night switch and the character skins we got were also mainly from Uncharted 2, not to mention that the new mode we got called shade survival was bad, anyway, Naughty Dog wouldn't agree...

...but then I read this on the Naughty Dog blog about free2play:

UNCHARTED™ 3: Multiplayer DLC Map Packs
Unlocks all three DLC map packs released for UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception™.

Includes Flashback Map Pack 1, Flashback Map Pack 2, and Drake's Deception Map Pack.

ALL THREE DLC MAP PACKS? So there are only 3 map packs in this game now? that's great, Naughty Dog, when do we get the fourth one? looking forward to it! :smileyhappy:

Technically a pack is something that includes multiple things and the Fort was only 1 thing so it's not a pack.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (480 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 4, 2013

No, I haven't forgotten of this fiasco. I have the memory of an elephant. :smileywink:

Make sure to read this thread thoroughly if you are interested:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483563

Arne's posts are kinda "interesting"...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (462 Views)
Fender Bender
2839 posts

Mar 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

No, I haven't forgotten of this fiasco. I have the memory of an elephant. :smileywink:

Make sure to read this thread thoroughly if you are interested:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483563

Arne's posts are kinda "interesting"...

Arne said: Yeah, unfortuate choice of words in that post when marketing's message was supposed to clear up how much content was upcoming as part of the FHC. This was the first season pass type program we've all worked on together, so there were a few fumbles like this - we shouldn't have had seemingly contradictory statements. To be fair, I keep reading it and I can only see that you're being really nit picky when the post specifically detailed the # of DLC that is covered under the FHC.

he calls it being nit picky? we miss out on a map pack (the number 1 reason why people wanted FHC, most people don't care much for the skin packs), not to mention that 2 of those packs were just Uncharted 2 maps, 'interesting' indeed...

anyway, this is all about the number of DLC packs, I am interested in any responses on the coop adventure fort being a map pack discussion by any Naughty Dog employee... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2585 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Not soon. (tm)

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Uncharted 3: Consumers Deception

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (409 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 4, 2013

This will never happen :mansad:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

Remember hitboxes, remember no anniversary gift, remember the beta being so good, remember how you didn't get the cheats on singleplayer on Uncharted 3 that you had on Uncharted 2, remember naughty dog saying Uncharted 3 would really be over the top graphicly even better then Uncharted 2, but Uncharted 2 is in overal still better looking.

Look you can keep continuing about these things which are in fact totally unfair, but we all know we are the puppets and they are our masters who are in control.

Instead off whining like an old guy, pray for atleast 1 patch that fixes our sorrows and rather think about the good (lab baseball game, elimination, classic mode, etc.) that happened.

No meaning to offend you, I am just saying, but this forum can be quiet unhealthy. Especially if you stay here for a while :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (310 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Mar 4, 2013
^ Yeah.... Classic mode? No. HC, yes - Classic, no. Elimination is cool while it was still alive.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (275 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I like the idea of making ND give us what they promised but this is the worst possible time. ND is completely done with/unispired to continue any work related to Uncharted 3. So what we'd get probably would be more UC2 maps or something.

Even then, the team has moved on to work on TLOU and whatever else, possibly Uncharted 4? With the amount of people left (2) "working" on the UC3 MP it's not plausible to consider NOW they would grant us map pack #4.

I think they'll just release all the Block Mesh Maps as a pack and call that #4?

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (262 Views)
0 Likes