Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 31 2013
By: Blood_Meridian Monster Hunter 35 posts

Remove Boosters/Kickbacks as Level Increases?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 216 views Edited Mar 31, 2013

Reading through some of these threads got me thinking: What if certain boosters/kickbacks/Weapon mods were available to lower-level players, but not higher-level players? For example, what if I could use RoF at first, but when I got to a certain level, it was no longer available? Or maybe some of the weapon kickbacks wouldn't be available after a certain level?

Obviously, there would have to be some other incentive to keep leveling up, but this might make things a little more even. I mean, if I'm a 5th Legacy 75, do I really need Gold Fleet Foot + Gold Bargain + M-32 Kickback? Just a thought. Flame away. :smileywink:

Message 1 of 10 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Re: Remove Boosters/Kickbacks as Level Increases?

Mar 31, 2013

seems like a pretty bad idea for obvious reasons... You basically get punished for playing more...

photo Sniper.png
Message 2 of 10 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Oh look at all the new alt accounts

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 3 of 10 (207 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I get that, but maybe there would be different boosters instead. I'm not creative enough to think of what those would be, but maybe things that higher level players could better exploit because of their experience. Something that would still be worth working toward, but just different.

And I don't know if I would look as it as a punishment as much as a challenge-- theoretically, if a player is really good, they wouldn't need as many options and having more of them just makes things even more unbalanced. If people are willing to keep going to 5th legacy just to challenge themselves, then surely at least some would also relish the challenge of having fewer advantages as they improve.

Message 4 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Blood_Meridian wrote:

Reading through some of these threads got me thinking: What if certain boosters/kickbacks/Weapon mods were available to lower-level players, but not higher-level players? For example, what if I could use RoF at first, but when I got to a certain level, it was no longer available? Or maybe some of the weapon kickbacks wouldn't be available after a certain level?

Obviously, there would have to be some other incentive to keep leveling up, but this might make things a little more even. I mean, if I'm a 5th Legacy 75, do I really need Gold Fleet Foot + Gold Bargain + M-32 Kickback? Just a thought. Flame away. :smileywink:

This kind of mentality can get you killed. Or more seriously, get the game killed. In fact, this is one of the reasons that ND has decided not to nerf blindfire. There are already too many people exploiting matchmaking with alts. All we need is more reason for them to do it. What I don't understand is why people think you need to do good in a game when you first start. Where did that come from? Maybe it's this new generation of people with entitlement issues. 

When you start a game, you probably not going to be the best. Learning how to play a game effectively is, IMO, lots of fun. As you get better than you have the right to own everyone you can. And when you get to be "the best," it's your perogative to decide whether to make it more challenging for yourself (maybe with badges of honor, mod-less guns, or no kickbacks) or you want to continue owning the clueless hordes (with RoF, gold boosters, and quick-boom or anything you want to. Because, frankly, you've earned it). My point is that it should be a personal decision. Because I know that personally that could break a game for me if I felt like I was leveling in reverse. Let noobs learn by getting owned, 'trial by fire.' 

Now, I have no problem with having a separate playlist for noobs so they can at least start understanding the mechanics of the game. But really, the thing that makes players good is their knowledge of how the game is played. All the little things that pro's know and use that make them really good. Give a really good player a poor gun and bad boosters, it's unlikely he'll do much/if any worse. You see, if that's what allowed him to get good scores in the first place, then he was never very good at all. My point in saying that is this, it makes absolutely no difference what you give to a noob, they're still noobs and they'll still suck and it most likely wouldn't make any difference at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 5 of 10 (190 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Honestly. I see where the thread is going, It has good intentions.

But honestly I'd just spend time making new accounts so I could have equal amount of tools as they have. It's already unfair that people can add stats weapons by using money.

The best thing I could think of is to limit legacy 1 to only and ONLY finding legacy 1 players. Yeah there are some alts out there, but it would significantly help them long term since not everyone is an alt.

As for the right to immediately do well at something. If your not doing well? Why are you playing? Your wasting your time and more importantly other peoples time. x.x

Message 6 of 10 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Apr 1, 2013
@aure last paragraph is harsh. I did like **bleep** back then if I wasn't in HC mode. We're talking 1-27 in TDM.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 7 of 10 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013
Thanks for the responses. I tend to get focused on one thing and miss the big picture. I sometimes forget how changing one aspect of a game can have all kinds of in unintended consequences.

@stayFROST-e...I like that new-generation entitlement comment. I like feeling younger again! I'm from the generation that brought the world Atari and the original NES.
Message 8 of 10 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Blood_Meridian wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I tend to get focused on one thing and miss the big picture. I sometimes forget how changing one aspect of a game can have all kinds of in unintended consequences.

@stayFROST-e...I like that new-generation entitlement comment. I like feeling younger again! I'm from the generation that brought the world Atari and the original NES.

I'm part of the entitlement generation :smileysad:. Although not in spirit :smileyhappy:. It's never a bad thing to bounce a new idea off peers though, what else are the forums for? :smileywink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 9 of 10 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

Apr 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@aure last paragraph is harsh. I did like **bleep** back then if I wasn't in HC mode. We're talking 1-27 in TDM.

I know, I'm quite harsh.

But it only really applies if your not enjoying it. Some people can enjoy getting owned. I personally can't and would immediately trade the game in for something I can actually play.

I'm not one that is interested in improving how I play, If I want to learn I'll take a real life education course. :smileyhappy:

But you are still a burden to your team if you do badly.

Message 10 of 10 (142 Views)
0 Likes