Wastelander
562 posts

Re: Remove Fleet Foot Altogether

Nov 23, 2013

No, do not remove a booster that promotes aiming. Stupid noobs already told ND to nerf a gun that promotes aiming (G-mal) and it was god awful to use. Patch 1.18 then made the gun useful again.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 11 of 322 (537 Views)
Fender Bender
3228 posts

Nov 23, 2013

I stopped using FF once I mastered strafing & I do quite well without it & against FF users.

The booster is fine & your post is two years too late. Get better at the game.

Message 12 of 322 (537 Views)
Wastelander
562 posts

Nov 23, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Get better at the game.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 13 of 322 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 23, 2013
That sounds okay. Honestly I don't know why people have a hard time with FF users. My boosters are useless (WE and MM), I primarily use a Raffica, and I myself don't have a hard time against them. I didn't even play UC2 MP before UC3.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 14 of 322 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 23, 2013

ND...nerf nothing please.  At this point in UC3's life, I don't think I have to worry too much but you never know...the breadth and scope and the very existence of their "last" patch surprised me.

I was a Fleet Foot user but I refuse to needlessly kill my teammates - so with Team Safe now in slot 1, FF is no longer an option for me.  I was one of the most vocal opponents of the booster slot change but I will adapt..especially since they fixed the most objectionable part of the booster change - namely, the stacking issue that was introduced as a result.

I'll move on and hope others will as well.

As far as future games are concerned, go ahead and remove FF (along with Whack'n'Roll, please) BUT ND for the love of all that's holy, PLEASE:

• Thoroughly test the game for balance issues before the principal release.  From my perspective, anything other than MINOR tweaking to correct balance issues reflects a fundamental failure for that aspect of the game.
  • For any potential post-release changes...test THOSE in the Lab before you even CONSIDER introducing them into the core modes. My biggest objection is that things change too much (post release).  Make all the radical changes you want between releases.

From my perspective, TLOU was remarkably well balanced at release and yet ND gaming veterans needed to put up a pretty spirited defense to keep the nerf/buff brigade at bay and STILL ND changed some things.

Perhaps I'm starting to get paranoid but I wonder if ND makes some of these changes just to keep the "buzz" going on the forums.  Whatever.  For me though, I find it astoundingly annoying to have the rules of the game change.  Sift through the forums and it's not hard to find someone that's returned to the game after some time away to find it almost unrecognizable.  If I returned to a favourite game or sport (spectating or playing) after a layoff, it would be a severe disappointment to find that the rules had changed.

Message 15 of 322 (529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 23, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
That sounds okay. Honestly I don't know why people have a hard time with FF users. My boosters are useless (WE and MM), I primarily use a Raffica, and I myself don't have a hard time against them. I didn't even play UC2 MP before UC3.

Same here.

Message 16 of 322 (521 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1215 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

No, do not remove a booster that promotes aiming.

It promotes aiming for the person who's not using it. The user doesn't have any disadvantages; in fact, I've found that Fleet Foot makes aiming even easier when you know how to strafe.

Message 17 of 322 (508 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1112 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

I created a Fleet Foot discussion thread a few days ago which is still on page 1 Smiley Wink

ND won't remove FF in UC3. They also won't nerf it anymore. They probably won't do anything anymore. Patch 1.18 was more than we all expected to happen - with some unnecessary booster changes unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with FF and its current status either, but it just wouldn't be realistic to expect ND to remove their most popular booster at this point or to nerf it after they've already said that they won't do anything anymore unless something truly breaks (or so).

I hate to say it because I've always been against this "if you can't kill them, join them" kind of argument (not saying that you can't kill them anymore...), but I guess I'll switch back to Fleet Foot too and maybe I'll even use Regeneration in slot 2 sometimes instead of Monkey Man. Slot 2 used to be TeamSafe of course Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 322 (500 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Hatakare wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

No, do not remove a booster that promotes aiming.

It promotes aiming for the person who's not using it. The user doesn't have any disadvantages; in fact, I've found that Fleet Foot makes aiming even easier when you know how to strafe.

That's the whole point of boosters, to have an advantage in a certain area over someone who's not using that booster. Not just with fleet foot but with other boosters as well. 

Message 19 of 322 (494 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1215 posts

Nov 23, 2013
Name a more powerful Slot 1 Booster.
Message 20 of 322 (488 Views)
0 Likes