Fender Bender
2415 posts

Re: Remove Fleet Foot Altogether

Nov 28, 2013
Cover is only used for healing, that's it. Players just strafe, take cover, heal, exit cover, then strafe again. No one shoots from cover, (hell, even I don't unless I'm messing around) the only exceptions are newbies and the occasional sniper. I also don't count strafing behind walls as taking cover either.
Pepsi
Message 61 of 322 (442 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 28, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Cover is only used for healing, that's it. Players just strafe, take cover, heal, exit cover, then strafe again. No one shoots from cover, (hell, even I don't unless I'm messing around) the only exceptions are newbies and the occasional sniper. I also don't count strafing behind walls as taking cover either.

I use cover all the time, but since you mentioned the sniper, I'll fall under that category.

Still, that means that cover isn't useless. The fact that people use it at all means it's not useless. Yes, faster strafing means that most people would prefer doing the strafedance. I'm just saying that there's nothing stopping you from hanging on a ledge and shooting or even shooting from cover. It's not disadvantageous for me at the very least.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 62 of 322 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Nov 28, 2013
Yes, remove it or severely nerf it. People should not be able to dodge bullets.
Message 63 of 322 (432 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2013

SjShane wrote:
I know many people here love fast strafing, so this will probably start a **bleep** storm... But I'd actually prefer a slower strafing speed for the default, maybe the same speed as Flat Footed. Just think about how useful cover would be, and shooting while hanging wouldn't be a death wish. It would make the multiplayer feel more like the single player and would also require more tactic and map awareness.

Fast strafing makes shooting from cover pretty useless, and I hate that... Blindfire also makes it useless too, but that's another story.

you should play Uncharted 2 - its basically exactly what you are looking for above but without slow straffing speed.

cover is useful,

shooting while hanging is very good,

map awareness is far more important compared to UC3.

all this and straffing is normal - it actually feels faster to me, or maybe its just that its more fluid and organic (better animations) compared to UC3.

dont confuse the problem - fast straffin speed is not the problem, bad aim mechanics is(and maybe some bad player aim).

Message 64 of 322 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2415 posts

Nov 28, 2013
@TheStuntDouble Newbies also blindfire the Dragon Sniper, just because some a few players use something, doesn't mean it's an excellent tactic. I often go after Tricky medals, I can manage them fine to a certain degree, but it's pointless if someone has started shooting at me.

@Blennerville Strange, I recently played UC2 and I could have sworn the default strafing speed was slower, but perhaps it was a placebo due to some guns zooming in further. I've never seen the "pro" UC2 players taking cover or hanging from ledges either, most of them were too busy spamming bunny hopping with rolling and alternating between aiming and blindfire. Or just using SA with a shotgun and hugging walls... I also know many people who hated the Rock a Rhyme trophy (personally I loved it, the most fun I've ever had with a MP trophy and wish it had returned in UC3).

I don't see how bad aiming mechanics effects the usefulness of taking cover or shooting from ledges, in that sense it should effect both the strafing player, and the player shooting from cover like a statue, but from what I can see, only one is truly at a disadvantage. But yes, the aiming isn't perfect in this game, but it doesn't matter how you aim your gun, it always has bad hit-detection and lots of aim assist, most people have adapted to it though.
Pepsi
Message 65 of 322 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Nov 28, 2013
cover is more useful in UC2, that i know.

shooting while hanging - ive got 100's if not 1000's of kills in UC2 (with a gun) - there is a medal for it - its super easy in UC2 imo - should have been the same in UC3,
in UC3 i have less than 20 hanging kills at a guess in (with a gun) and all but a handful of them were with a power weapon id gay.

hanging from ledge is a big thing in UC2 - everyone does it every match i play in - its very effective - it increases your accuracy (gives you sure shoot for free while hanging)
thats why people complained about UC3 having such poor hanging mechanics (delay and just doesnt work).
Message 66 of 322 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 29, 2013

omg ND please take down this silly useless thread and btw Sitrongr would take you on with no boosters and a gmal and whoop you soo... you need t just end your argument because it is irrelevant at this point thanks Smiley Wink

add me on psn! LIKEABAWS1996 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3232319070.png
Message 67 of 322 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Nov 29, 2013

LIKEABAWS1996 wrote:

omg ND please take down this silly useless thread and btw Sitrongr would take you on with no boosters and a gmal and whoop you soo... you need t just end your argument because it is irrelevant at this point thanks Smiley Wink

LOL Sure xDD but yeah, your right that this thread should just be taken down as it makes no sense what so ever.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 68 of 322 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 29, 2013
sittrongr its xRicanstyle- LOL
add me on psn! LIKEABAWS1996 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3232319070.png
Message 69 of 322 (369 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Nov 29, 2013

SjShane wrote:

Yeah I've noticed how cover in this game is not as useful as it was on U2. Even under cover I get easily shot down and you are vulnerable to bombs (takes longer to move). So, unless there is only half cover available, I will always shoot standing close to a wall so I can easily recover behind it.

Message 70 of 322 (363 Views)
0 Likes