Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Remove Fleet Foot Altogether

Nov 30, 2013

So, uh. Let's chill in here, yeah?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 81 of 322 (423 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1215 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:
Why would I friend or even play with someone who uses M9 RoF lol? When you learn how to aim and use a gun that isn't OP af than I might consider it

A) I said I can use normal M9 or AK.

B) No boosters, no mods (so obviously no RoF).

C) Obviously when you 1v1 someone you have to friend them first.

D) They seriously nerfed Rate of Fire.

I hope you're just scared and not seriously an imbecile.

Message 82 of 322 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Nov 30, 2013

M9 ROF doesn't define the person using it.

Fleet Foot is way cheaper since M9 ROF is accessible to everyone, if someone has FF versus someone who doesn't due to their own preference it's automatic loss. At least vs a M9 ROF user in the past if you took them on head on, thats your problem for not being smart enough, They sacrifice long distance gameplay for that loadout, So it's pretty obvious that to counter it you went with the G-MAL or Dragon.

Actually back then you'd probably get outgunned at distance using the G-MAL, that isn't the point though, the point is to work out the strategy to overcome the obstacles.

If you aren't using the best tools available to you then.. Well thats your problem. No one is forcing you to willingly use underpowered selections.

Fleet Foot now is a must in any loadout. Once you learn how to use it the non users have no hope against you.

Shouldn't be in the game honestly, it's such a stark contrast to the other boosters which have minimal effects compared to it.

It's a crutch for players to rely on. If M9 and KAL users got enough crap from me and others, Fleet Foot users will get the same treatment, we are making the game worse by using it. I say we.. I don't feel comfortable without it either and I'm not stupid enough to evade the best tool available in the game.

Message 83 of 322 (384 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 30, 2013
I don't know. I fare very well with my non-FF loadouts because I rarely get into direct gunfights without running away.

I mean, yeah, makes you strafe fast, but I feel like we're blowing this out of proportions.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 84 of 322 (376 Views)
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Nov 30, 2013

And I can apply the same logic to FF since it's only as good/ effective as the person who uses it.

How is FF cheaper than a Mod that allows you to kill faster? Smiley Indifferent 

Isn't FF accessible to everyone? Smiley Indifferent 

I don't use FF in any of my loadout & I still win against FF users & I strafe just fine without it.

FF was & will never be a MUST in any loadout to excell in UC3 it's an overrated booster IMO, AK or G-MAL renders that booster useless after one burst or 3 bullets.

I used FF initially to practice strafing then once I got the hang of it, I stopped using it & moved on to cloaked & now TS after the patch. Can't say I even miss it. 

Then we wonder why UC3 is such a mess suddenly everyone is an expert in what makes a game balanced.

Message 85 of 322 (375 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

And I can apply the same logic to FF since it's only as good/ effective as the person who uses it.

How is FF cheaper than a Mod that allows you to kill faster? Smiley Indifferent 

Isn't FF accessible to everyone? Smiley Indifferent 

I don't use FF in any of my loadout & I still win against FF users & I strafe just fine without it.

FF was & will never be a MUST in any loadout to excell in UC3 it's an overrated booster IMO, AK or G-MAL renders that booster useless after one burst or 3 bullets.

I used FF initially to practice strafing then once I got the hang of it, I stopped using it & moved on to cloaked & now TS after the patch. Can't say I even miss it. 

Then we wonder why UC3 is such a mess suddenly everyone is an expert in what makes a game balanced.

I am an expert. I've helped to balance quite a few games very well.

Allowing you to dodge out of the way of gunfire, is worse than allowing someone to kill faster.

The dodging applies to all players who come up against that person, the dodging player wont see M9 users all game.

Also the people who aren't complaining are the ones who stay well back away from the action. Which is actually the safe distance away from both the M9 and FF.

AK is useless, people say theres stopping power even though I've not once in my entire U3 lifetime actually seen it or felt it.

G-MAL is luck based against a FF user, the chances are they will dodge into your bullets but thats only if the person playing has bad aim in the first place to be missing a lot.

The only absolute counter to FF is sprint and KAL-7 or Para with steelfist.

The reason steelfist and hipfire is used a lot is because FF gives the opposing player that as the only option to fight back with.

Sure I know it would be used a lot even if it wasn't there, but I have to admit whenever I"m using FF I see more people doing that. and admittedly as much as I hate to confess to it. I do it too against FF users as the only way I can see of defending myself.

It's been OP since Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 fixed that with 1.05.. which broke the rest of the game but it fixed FF at least.

Uncharted 3 fixed it once too.. 1.03 I believe it was. The only ones crying were those without their crutch, everyone else was loving it.

Message 86 of 322 (358 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1215 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I am an expert. I've helped to balance quite a few games very well.

He/she is not lying here. She played Uncharted 2 as well.

Message 87 of 322 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Nov 30, 2013
No, im Zorro
Message 88 of 322 (341 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Nov 30, 2013
If I am playing a bunch of people in a game who are using FF, I....

A. Will sometimes use G-MAL and kill them from a distance.

B. Use the AK and remove their FF abilities manually. Turns out, they rely on it enough to be ineffective players without it (more often than not).

C. Flank them with cloaked

D. Flank them without cloaked

I don't use FF. While I agree that it is advantageous in 1v1 scenarios, I believe there are better boosters. There are also a handful of effective strategies to beat these players too.
Message 89 of 322 (335 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1215 posts

Nov 30, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
If I am playing a bunch of people in a game who are using FF, I....

A. Will sometimes use G-MAL and kill them from a distance.

B. Use the AK and remove their FF abilities manually. Turns out, they rely on it enough to be ineffective players without it (more often than not).

C. Flank them with cloaked

D. Flank them without cloaked

I don't use FF. While I agree that it is advantageous in 1v1 scenarios, I believe there are better boosters. There are also a handful of effective strategies to beat these players too.

I've always been a heads-up player. I always enter fair 1v1 battles. And though I usually get the jump on people, sometimes I win even when they had the jump. But Fleet Foot man. When there's no Fleet Foot, or maybe one Fleet Footer, I usually post good numbers. But when it's a whole team of Fleet Footers I always go negative.

Message 90 of 322 (331 Views)
0 Likes