Dec 17 2012
By: Crimsonine I Only Post Everything 1036 posts

Remove Power Weapons from Free For All!

46 replies 614 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

From the monthly Q and A:

"5. Could you guys remove power weapons in FFA? (Joe-Itz070)

This hasn’t been something we’ve seen a ton of clamor for within the community. It’s possible and if we see more discussion about it we can tune or tweak this."

So, what are your guys' opinions? I personally think it'd be a great idea, and if we get support we can make it happen! Discuss.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 47 (614 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Remove Power Weapons from Free For All!

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:

From the monthly Q and A:

"5. Could you guys remove power weapons in FFA? (Joe-Itz070)

This hasn’t been something we’ve seen a ton of clamor for within the community. It’s possible and if we see more discussion about it we can tune or tweak this."

So, what are your guys' opinions? I personally think it'd be a great idea, and if we get support we can make it happen! Discuss.

Nothing to really discuss. Thats what they are, are power weapons. If you want them removed maybe  you should get better at the game and kill people before they pick them up. Or B-line it straight to the weapon to pick it up.

I know me personally I've been playing with No Power Weapons badge for so long it don't even come across my mind to pick them up.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 2 of 47 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Power weapons definitely should be removed from FFA because it can give a player(s) an advantage just because of luck and where they spawn and have ZERO to do with skill.  But then again, this game is pretty casual and is not really meant to be a skilled game since ND caters to general casual players.

For instance, on the Cave, a spawn point is right next to the Hammer.  How is that even remotely fair?  I was shocked that I spawned next to the Hammer and was able to get two quick kills using no skill and all luck.

To top it off, not only did I get two quick kills, but then I got a couple of easy medals, putting me at even a bigger advantage than the rest of the players.

Message 3 of 47 (591 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Yh power weps suck. No skill for sas 12
Message 4 of 47 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I would definitely be happy if ND removed power weapons from FFA, it should be even for everyone, and there will always be one person who spawns closer to the power weapon, giving them the advantage over every other player.
tlousig2
Message 5 of 47 (571 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Yeah FFA is unbalanced as hell with current PW setup. Maybe none. Maybe more. Maybe RANDOMIZE spawn times.

Certain spawns have a definite advantage to the most powerful PWs.
Message 6 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Maybe we could have random power weapon spawns and/or power weapons spawning a few minutes into the game? I guess it would fix the advantageous starting spawns some people get in a match.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 7 of 47 (530 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I've gon against many many ppl that hog the power weapon and blindfire them all for cheap easy kills. If they're low on ammo, they just effin camp near those weapons till they respawn or use a different power weapon to kill any1 getting near them!! What kind of crap is that?? I play free 4 all a lot and thats easily the biggest joy killer. Why play a video game if theyre just going for cheap kills?!?

The developers have made SO many awful decisions on the multiplayer part its sad Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 47 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8351 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

I would be happier if they reduced the number of players in FFA to 6 from the current 8. In my view FFA is just a hassle. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 9 of 47 (509 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4795 posts

Dec 18, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

I would be happier if they reduced the number of players in FFA to 6 from the current 8. In my view FFA is just a hassle. 

I think 7 would be a great number.

tlousig2
Message 10 of 47 (493 Views)
0 Likes