Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3532 posts

Re: Remove Power weapons FFA?

Oct 18, 2012

holicow wrote:

I used to totally disagree with no power weapons any deathmatch mode b/c normally in TDM (and even Hardcore) it's dumb. If there are no power weapons in TDM/HC then it's just a camp fest. You could say power weapons are the "objectives" of TDM modes.

But I am told that in FFA certain players spawn much closer to power weapons thus presenting an unfair advantage to them. I can't verify that this is true since I don't play FFA, but maybe they can put a single power weapon in the middle of the map to encourage everyone to fight for it.

Problem being that there is no middle of the map, as there are many spawns. Yes, they are generally based around the edges, but it still won't be balanced simply placing it in the middle.

Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 32 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
495 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Joe-Itz070 wrote:
I still fail to see this logic, people always say that "no powerweapons no movement". Why would people not play like they do now but then without power weapons. It's not like that the player who gets the powerweapon goes running arround like crazy and the rest of players just hide. They play as well. I call BS.

True, people tend to play FFA really aggressively. When I played FFA, I did it to get Chloe's M9 so I was all over the map for treasures' sake. But then again, why does balance really matter if people are just charging around having fun? In that case I'd say it's more fun to have power weapons everywhere like it is now.

----------
All that said, fix matchmaking before anything else.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 32 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1810 posts

Oct 18, 2012

holicow wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:
I still fail to see this logic, people always say that "no powerweapons no movement". Why would people not play like they do now but then without power weapons. It's not like that the player who gets the powerweapon goes running arround like crazy and the rest of players just hide. They play as well. I call BS.

True, people tend to play FFA really aggressively. When I played FFA, I did it to get Chloe's M9 so I was all over the map for treasures' sake. But then again, why does balance really matter if people are just charging around having fun? In that case I'd say it's more fun to have power weapons everywhere like it is now.

holicow wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Hmm, getting killed 3 times in a row by a power weapon due to bad spawns isn't really fun in my eyes. It's bad luck and doesn't happen every match I play but I still think no power weapons in this mode would do more good to this mode than bad. Especially because of the low kill limit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 32 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1810 posts

Nov 24, 2012

BUMP seriously remove the piece of casual trash guns in this mode. There is no absolutely no point to implement power weapons in FFA in the first place!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 32 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9884 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Why are there power weapons in a mode requiring 15 kills only? I thought we were okay with the whole PW kickback, no need to put them there.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 32 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1810 posts

Nov 25, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Why are there power weapons in a mode requiring 15 kills only? I thought we were okay with the whole PW kickback, no need to put them there.

Indeed, I'm fine with the kickbacks but the spawning power weapons don't belong in this mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 32 (88 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9884 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Imagine. Get the T-Bolt, 5 kills, spawn new T-Bolt, 5 kills. Great, just great.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 32 (81 Views)
Gaming Beast
1810 posts

Nov 25, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Imagine. Get the T-Bolt, 5 kills, spawn new T-Bolt, 5 kills. Great, just great.

Yeah it's really annoying. Well atleast the T-bolt takes skill to use.. the shotgun weapons ON THE OTHER HAND... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 32 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9884 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Don't get me started on that. I get it, shotgun as a kickback, whatever, but as some weapon in the map? IN FFA? You serious? That's free kills to whoever gets it first! Free non-aimed kills, COME ON.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 32 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
705 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I can't camp unless I'm going try hard. I find it too boring and against my wild, reckless nature that allows me to run into the middle of battles but I do play tactical and flank a lot but camping is just not my style. The shotguns and pistoles are really annoying though I was one kill from a rampant I turned around a corner and BAM sas to the face. Then I had a moment of rage where I stopped playing drank some water then returned. -_-
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 32 (48 Views)
0 Likes