Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10012 posts

Re: Respect For Forum Members

Mar 25, 2013
YUSSSSSSS
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 39 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
This thread wasn't anything I thought it was going to be, so I'm going to just throw out my own opinion about respecting others.

Sure, there are differing opinions out in the world: that's inevitable. Someone is always going to disagree with you in some way because we're all different and that's what makes society move forward: differences that bring about positive change. However, being able to present yourself in an honorable, nice way plays into your opinion being seen by others like "I see your points and fears, but I still agree," versus "your argument is baseless and terrible, so it isn't a good opinion." What needs to happen is that you need to present yourself in a respectable way to all and not just say blatant lines like "X isn't OP. Get good, scrub."

Honestly, if you guys are going to hate on everyone and everything for every single little opinion you may have on things, these places won't improve and will remain a pit of arguments and hate. Respect for other posters is a must if you want any kind of improvement anywhere.

Wish more people thought like this.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 39 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10012 posts

Mar 25, 2013
^ You'd wish people also think like this RL, yeah?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 39 (157 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18444 posts

Mar 25, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ You'd wish people also think like this RL, yeah?

The world would truly be an amazing place if this happened in real life.

The best we can get is to bring all of the helpful, good sides of people out on here and not spout dribble about "lelele you suck at the game, get gud, n00b" at everyone when we disagree.

A tall order, I know, but an optimal ecosystem like this would probably be the best. (Notice the probably, opening the whole "opinion" thing).

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 39 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11094 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
This thread wasn't anything I thought it was going to be, so I'm going to just throw out my own opinion about respecting others.

Sure, there are differing opinions out in the world: that's inevitable. Someone is always going to disagree with you in some way because we're all different and that's what makes society move forward: differences that bring about positive change. However, being able to present yourself in an honorable, nice way plays into your opinion being seen by others like "I see your points and fears, but I still agree," versus "your argument is baseless and terrible, so it isn't a good opinion." What needs to happen is that you need to present yourself in a respectable way to all and not just say blatant lines like "X isn't OP. Get good, scrub."

Honestly, if you guys are going to hate on everyone and everything for every single little opinion you may have on things, these places won't improve and will remain a pit of arguments and hate. Respect for other posters is a must if you want any kind of improvement anywhere.

That's my dog. :smileywink:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 39 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10012 posts

Mar 25, 2013
BTW. Not related to UC3 multiplayer anymore.

More of related to general discussion.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 39 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 25, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
We should clear things up.

Harold, I think it's quite insulting that you say "get good or get out" regarding blindfire since people actually do have quite a problem with it. I mean, along with the wacky coveroll mehanic, and the fact that blindfire is autoaim, people do have a right to complain. Saying they aren't even trying "good" enough hurts them, in a sense.

Everyone else just backlashed, including me, for which I say I'm sorry, man. I made it up by posting sniper-raffica-friendly advice on your advice thread. :smileyhappy:

No, blindfiring the Raffica doesn't do anything. It's ridiculous. The tau has better blindfire. It's that bad.

I apologized for my hate already. Thanks for being civil.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 39 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 25, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Harold, just don't EVER ask for respect when you don't show it yourself. That's not even fair, and that's what it comes down to. Your not being fair, because your asking everyone to do something for you that you wouldn't/didn't requite. And throwing in a last minute apology for it just doesn't cut it. 

Look, let's just move on from this because it truly is a worthless thread/argument. But in my book, you EARN respect (unless you're an authority, but on a forum we're all equals). 

I was asking for respect for all the forumers. I've seen hate directed at most of the people here, the recent flame war on my thread just made me start this one. What I mean by respect isn't so much trusting me completely and thinking I can do no wrong, I just mean stop flaming and raging.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 39 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 25, 2013

I believe everything has been settled, therefore I'm done posting here. Let's move on.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 39 (129 Views)
0 Likes