Keyblade Wielder
6975 posts

Re: I like it better when it didn't have teamsafe. Kicking re...

Jan 8, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

I like it better when it didn't have teamsafe. Kicking revenge noobs and getting rage messages is fun.

exactly, I once kicked 4 people out of a match of plunder while playing in a party of 2, so I kicked one teammate that joined after that too, the sad thing is though, that it shows that just about everyone uses revenge

anyway, back on topic to scootgar: sure it's funny for a young girl or whatever age your doughter is, but she shouldn't be playing games in the first place, not these games at least, let her play LittleBigPlanet 2 or something (lovely game by the way), this isn't really appropriate if you ask me, but it's your choice obviously, that said, revenge should be removed, it's now worse than ever...

There are really people who care about what games other kids play?

yeah, I do, if you ask me kids shouldn't play games at all, let them play outside with other kids, and on a rainy day let them play inside the house with a friend and occasionally play a videogame, but not an online game, just splitsceen and a game with an E-rating, but that's just my opinion, I started playing games when I was 15, and I only played E- or T-rated games (as I still do now actually, only M-rated games I have are Heavy Rain, the Assassin's Creed series and soon The Last of Us, that out of 25 games on PS3, 15 on PS2 is not much M-rated stuff), anyway, why shouldn't I care about what other kids play, you risk a kids health and social skills to other kids, and something should be done to stop kids from playing them (the T and M rated ones of course), why don't you care?

Well games are games, nothing wrong with any of them. I think the rating system is dumb quite honestly. I mean I played GTA when I was like 7, and I can assure you I didn't wanna go outside and kill a prostitute steal a car then shoot 10 people... A video game is for recreational use and I played those just as much as I played with my toys and with my cousins and when I made them; my friends. Video games are in line with movies, tv, and such etc. I've played video games for as long as I can remember, and I'm not some weird shut-in with no friends if thats what you're thinking.

My parents even let me, shocker!, since they knew that it was something that occupied their child. Video games don't rot the brain like people think, and if they actually do then there sure are plenty of other things in the world that will rot a child's brain that's for sure...

Sure it will not affect you and me, but it does infect affect other kids perhaps, it just isn't a healthy hobby, that's all I want to say, so why should you force (more or less) video games onto your kids, just keep them away from it as long as possible, if they want to play them, then fine, but don't force it on them

lol why would I force it on them? It's not like I will lock my son in his room and say "play this game for the next 5 hours or you're grounded!!" If my kid wants to play a game then yea I'll let him play it, I won't care. I've been playing video games heavily since Super nintendo, and I'm smart, social, and active still.

Video games are a recreational pasttime, and if my kid wants to spend a weekend or 2 every now and then playing them then go ahead, I know it won't affect him. I will not keep it away from him since I know it is no harm, the worst it can do is hurt my wallet due to how expensive games are getting Smiley Tongue

I've yet to meet a person whose life was destroyed by video games. I'm not saying its bad to keep your kid away from video games, I mean fine if you do that go ahead, but stating that they are bad and destroy a kids mind and they shouldn't be played at all by any kid is over the top to me...

yeah my English is not so good, I don't mean with forcing putting a knife at your kids neck and commanding him/her to play videogames, but I mean with forcing that you play videogames and allow your kid watching, the kid wants to be like you and want to play too, that's where the problem begins

and I never said it destroyed a kid's life, I just say that my advice is avoiding the crap altogether, playing video games is not a healthy hobby, not for your health, not for your social skills and not for your wallet as you rightfully stated, so you have to either don't let your kid play videogames or talk to them about the subject and make sure they know videogames are not to be representative for real life, pick what suits you best

Look, I'm argueing the fact that video games themselves have no harm on a kid no matter what. Pretty much any child raised even half decently will know the difference between fantasy/reality, right/wrong, good/bad and know what happens in games. I mean look at games with 'karma' system, if you do good things then people like you, if you do bad things then assassins and soldiers come after you and arrest/kill you. That in my eyes is a good thing to teach a child the consequences for doing certain things.

People that are "affected" by games like you said are more likely susceptible to many other "bad" influences as well and it comes down to the person him/herself rather than video games being bad. I mean me at the age of 4 could easily tell the difference between my games and reality, I know I can't ride a dinosuar pooping eggs, kill zombies with a water gun, or rip someones spine out when I hear a distant voice say FINISH HIM.

In short, it comes down to the individual's mind and understanding of how they come out, with parents teachers and such leading the way. All people will see good and bad things in every form as they grow up and they know what is what.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 61 of 77 (312 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Re: Revenge - Most Entertaining Booster of all Time

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Whenever Hubby dies and it looks as if his Revenge grenade might kill somebody, he yells.... "BOOM!!!"  It's incredibly adorable and incredibly pathetic all at once.

Edit:  About the "What age is appropriate for Uncharted?"  I wasn't so sure with my own kids, then I asked myself, "Are they old enough for Starwars?"  Yes.  "Are they old enough for Raider's of the Lost Ark?"  Yes.  There's some bad language, but they hear worse at school.  Actually the video game "Slender" is what's causing us trouble.  My son was watching his classmate play it, now it's "I'm worried Slenderman is going to eat my soul."  No violence in that thing really, it's just creepy.

Everyone in my family is a huge Uncharted fan, I love it.

Message 62 of 77 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Jan 8, 2013

On the kids playing this game....I've struggled a bit myself with it.  My son is 5 and has been playing Wii and PS3 since about 2.  

He loves Star Wars....and loves Indiana Jones....

He's watched me play Uncharted quite a few times....But I haven't let him play it even though he asks me all the time.

I don't know....Is playing Uncharted much different than playing Ratchet & Clank?  Or playing Mario and shooting fireball as Turtles?  Or playing Lego star Wars and mowing little lego guys down?

I'd really love to play Uncharted with him but I really think my wife would blow a fuse.....

As for the topic, I really wasn't getting hardly any kills anymore using revenge.  I've gotten to the point where I think I can stop myself from dying using team safe much more often than I can get kills with revenge.  It just seems like everybody tosses the revenge grenade away now so it's pretty worthless.

It's too bad there anren't better slot 2 boosters.  I really used revenge only because I never really liked anything else.

Message 63 of 77 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

for some reason Ratchet and clank gives me weird **bleep** super scary nightmares.. this game never does. So effects it might have on a kid.. dunno.. but as an adult R adn C is far scarier on some level than this is. I think it might be the cute scary critters in that game. too many disconnects. Extreme violence and yet everything is cuddly cute even if it has monster fangs

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 64 of 77 (261 Views)
Last Guardian
9153 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I occasioally go to a shooting range with my daughter. Smiley Happy

I have a lot of experience in shooting and I know it's safe if done under my guidance. It hasn't had any bad impacts on the child and she always cheers when she hits a headshot. Smiley Happy

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 65 of 77 (226 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I don't understand why everyone is whining about revenge. Everyone has a right to use whatever loadouts they want, no matter how cheap, and then other players have to learn to adapt, so they can be an all rounded player. That will make you a better player. Rather than whining about it, use it to your advantage.
Message 66 of 77 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Worst Boosters in Uncharted:

1 - Situational Awareness
2 - Revenge
3 - Let Me See
4 - Bargain
5 - For My Buddy
6 - Come Here
7 - Explosive Shell Expert
8 - Launch Man
9 - Rocket Man
10 - Break Up (cause it sucked)
11 - Thanks Buddy
12 - Stealth Buddy
Message 67 of 77 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 10, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
Worst Boosters in Uncharted:

1 - Situational Awareness
2 - Revenge
3 - Let Me See
4 - Bargain
5 - For My Buddy
6 - Come Here
7 - Explosive Shell Expert
8 - Launch Man
9 - Rocket Man
10 - Break Up (cause it sucked)
11 - Thanks Buddy
12 - Stealth Buddy

situation awarness was the best booster in uncharted, and if by "worst" you mean cheap then fleetfoot should be at the top, ive been killed by strafting lagging racks of bones using fleetfoot far more than any other booster. farrr more

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 68 of 77 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jan 10, 2013
At least you have to learn to use Fleet Foot effectively. SA was just cheap. Camp on the shotgun in Temple with Fleet Foot wasn't a problem. Camp on the shotgun with SA, big problem.
Message 69 of 77 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jan 10, 2013
But yes Fleet Foot was overpowered in U2. Not so much in U3.
Message 70 of 77 (157 Views)
0 Likes