Keyblade Wielder
10164 posts

Re: Revolution Weapons

Aug 18, 2013
This is of course assuming they know what RoF does.

Most new players I've ran into (including F2P players) generally use basic mods (Max Ammo, Reload Speed, Clip Size) and rarely RoF.

It's really more common in players long into the game since they're aware the RoF M9 is "the gamebreaker".
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 11 of 18 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2233 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Niz_the_Kid wrote:

What are your guys' thoughts on these weapons?  I remember when I started playing UC3 you had to buy all the mods, but now with the Revolution weapons you just select which one(s) you want.  These weapons reminded me exactly of the weapons you unlock at the bronze tier.  Do you think these weapons should be a bronze tier prize?  Or do you like them as is?

Vote Here

Why should I vote for this? They are free eitherway. It is extremely easy to get bronze tier as it just takes 8500 points. Which means that you can lose 6 of your 10 games if you get a nice score in the 4 you win. Maybe true beginners can't get them but someone that just hit legacy 1 should be able to get bronze. 

The reason you get all mods for free on them is because Naughty dog is lazy. The weapons probably have other ID's in the game code(not sure if that is the right way to explain it). Because the game sees it as a totally different weapon that the standard version you can't put the mods on it you bought for the normal version.

They had 3 options:

1. Fix it (Who am I kididng?)

2. Make players need to buy the mods again for ALL versions of a weapon. (people would complain)

3. Give them for free.

They choose the easy way.

Signature02.png

Message 12 of 18 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10164 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Niz_the_Kid wrote:

What are your guys' thoughts on these weapons?  I remember when I started playing UC3 you had to buy all the mods, but now with the Revolution weapons you just select which one(s) you want.  These weapons reminded me exactly of the weapons you unlock at the bronze tier.  Do you think these weapons should be a bronze tier prize?  Or do you like them as is?

Vote Here

Why should I vote for this? They are free eitherway. It is extremely easy to get bronze tier as it just takes 8500 points. Which means that you can lose 6 of your 10 games if you get a nice score in the 4 you win. Maybe true beginners can't get them but someone that just hit legacy 1 should be able to get bronze. 

The reason you get all mods for free on them is because Naughty dog is lazy. The weapons probably have other ID's in the game code(not sure if that is the right way to explain it). Because the game sees it as a totally different weapon that the standard version you can't put the mods on it you bought for the normal version.

They had 3 options:

2. Make players need to buy the mods again for ALL versions of a weapon. (people would complain)

3. Give them for free.

OR they could have just made gun skins an extra "mod". It's extremely stupid to buy the exact same mods, for the exact same gun, because the guns have a different design. That's how marketing traps work.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 13 of 18 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Message 14 of 18 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13734 posts

Aug 20, 2013

You could always play Classic mode. it doesn't have mods. You are forced to start with the AK too.

Message 15 of 18 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10164 posts

Aug 20, 2013
Oh yes, because Fleet Foot gold is equal to Endurance Bronze.
Message 16 of 18 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2233 posts

Aug 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Niz_the_Kid wrote:

Vote Here

They had 3 options:

3. Give them for free.

OR they could have just made gun skins an extra "mod". It's extremely stupid to buy the exact same mods, for the exact same gun, because the guns have a different design. That's how marketing traps work.

I assume you mean making the skin of a weapon an option since sacrificing a mod slot for a skin wouldn't be worth it. That would have been the best option yes. But again; it would have been work for them...

Signature02.png

Message 17 of 18 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10164 posts

Aug 21, 2013
Well yeah. I'm not giving up Reload Speed for a gun skin.

Also I don't see why they didn't start with my idea. You can still charge for specific skins by locking them like how they locked some hats for the characters.
Message 18 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes