Wastelander
793 posts

Re: RoF M9 "Nerf" = Massive Failure

Aug 20, 2012

I didn't see any difference in the M9's RoF. Still killed as fast as ever -.-'

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 51 of 87 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 20, 2012

lucascampanha wrote:

You can aim it better since ROF-recoil is dependent on ROF. Now it's better (for the guy using it)!

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 52 of 87 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Aug 20, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

lucascampanha wrote:

You can aim it better since ROF-recoil is dependent on ROF. Now it's better (for the guy using it)!

Not that you mentioned it, I ran out of ammo and I got someone's Golden M9 RoF on the floor and found easy to control it....easier to aim....but still got killed really fast when I was the target, lol.

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 53 of 87 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Aug 20, 2012

pdiss88 wrote:

I know this is a hot button issue and there have been tons of threads made about it, but I haven't seen a lot of feedback on the first few pages regarding the RoF post-1.13.

My thoughts on the situation should be obvious from the title: this was NOT a "nerf" as much as a reduction in how much the mod increases your rate of fire, and just because they reduced it does NOT necessarily mean it is less effective. If anything, the mod is now MORE effective as it has just the right balance of recoil, accuracy and rate of fire. Before, as much as it pains me to say it, the mod took at least SOME skill to aim effectively with, as the recoil was significantly higher and you had to pull down on your right analog stick to keep your crosshair on the target. Now, the recoil is much more manageable but the gun STILL kills faster than a normal M9.

What's the problem, you might ask? Sure, the RoF does exactly what it's supposed to, which is increase the effectiveness of the gun, but I recall that large thread from a few weeks ago asking for a complete removal from the game, NOT a "10% reduction" which arguably made the mod better. If this is all ND is going to do to appease the people who realize how silly this mod is, it's not going to be enough. I'm seeing even MORE people running around with it than before the patch. I'm sure part of it is the GMAL nerf, but they could have just as easily gone to something like Marlowe's or Flynn's M9 but chose not to because the RoF is so manageable now.

Basically, this thing needs to go, not get a tiny "nerf" in an effort to rebalance it. It has no place on a long gun most effective when aiming, ESPECIALLY when the AK, GMAL, etc. don't have the same offerings. I'm seriously baffled as to why it's even in the game; people complained about the RoF mod on the AK in the summer beta so much that it didn't make it into the final version, but THIS did? Come on, it's the same **bleep** concept.

I knew when they were going to nerf it, it would still be exactly the same, and it is. -_-

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 54 of 87 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Aug 20, 2012
They should just remove it, or add much more recoil when using it and decreasing the blindfire accuracy while using it significantly, once they do that the final imbalance in the game will be removed Smiley Happy
Message 55 of 87 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

Aug 20, 2012

The number of problems with this game is incredible and it never gets any better.  The game has been ridiculously laggy since 1.13 along with spawns getting out of control.  RoF feels impossible to escape from due to that lag.  Almost a year in and nothing has been done for most of the problems that been here since the game came out.  We barely get any responses to those problems.

This game is such a mess that UC2 1.05 is starting to look decent.

Message 56 of 87 (215 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 20, 2012
NERF: NEver RoF Smiley Tongue
Lol it doesn't make much sense but it works Smiley Very Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 57 of 87 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 20, 2012
And ROF: Ruins Our FunSmiley Happy

That's it for today, cya!

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 58 of 87 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Nuff said Pdiss. It took ND 7+ Months or careful testing just to NERF the G-MAL. And a couple threads with 150+ Kudos just to nerf the M9 RoF? Really? Just wait for another 7 months for the offical M9 RoF Nerf.

Message 59 of 87 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 20, 2012
Imagine if we still had RoF in the AK Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 60 of 87 (184 Views)