Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

Re: RoF M9 "Nerf" = Massive Failure

Aug 20, 2012

I straight up legitly hate this game now.  Even after what they did in 2 I never felt hate for the game until now.  All the broken unbalanced things, heavily catering towards casuals, and incredible lag makes this game such trash.  The refusal to fix things and lack of communication makes this so unbearable to play.  I dont care about 300 hats with useless stats, horrible map packs, or another 40 skins. 

14 patches in after nearly a year and its only gotten worst.

Message 81 of 87 (204 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Aug 20, 2012

It's not worst. You just suck.

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Zonnex wrote:

So some dude with a negative KD and W/L in this easy game that cater towards casuals tells me I suck....ok.

The game takes one step forward and 2 steps back.  Its never gotten better.

Message 83 of 87 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Aug 20, 2012

pdiss88 wrote:

I know this is a hot button issue and there have been tons of threads made about it, but I haven't seen a lot of feedback on the first few pages regarding the RoF post-1.13.

My thoughts on the situation should be obvious from the title: this was NOT a "nerf" as much as a reduction in how much the mod increases your rate of fire, and just because they reduced it does NOT necessarily mean it is less effective. If anything, the mod is now MORE effective as it has just the right balance of recoil, accuracy and rate of fire. Before, as much as it pains me to say it, the mod took at least SOME skill to aim effectively with, as the recoil was significantly higher and you had to pull down on your right analog stick to keep your crosshair on the target. Now, the recoil is much more manageable but the gun STILL kills faster than a normal M9.

What's the problem, you might ask? Sure, the RoF does exactly what it's supposed to, which is increase the effectiveness of the gun, but I recall that large thread from a few weeks ago asking for a complete removal from the game, NOT a "10% reduction" which arguably made the mod better. If this is all ND is going to do to appease the people who realize how silly this mod is, it's not going to be enough. I'm seeing even MORE people running around with it than before the patch. I'm sure part of it is the GMAL nerf, but they could have just as easily gone to something like Marlowe's or Flynn's M9 but chose not to because the RoF is so manageable now.

Basically, this thing needs to go, not get a tiny "nerf" in an effort to rebalance it. It has no place on a long gun most effective when aiming, ESPECIALLY when the AK, GMAL, etc. don't have the same offerings. I'm seriously baffled as to why it's even in the game; people complained about the RoF mod on the AK in the summer beta so much that it didn't make it into the final version, but THIS did? Come on, it's the same **bleep** concept.

Well thought out post. More importantly though is you're dead on right. Why can't they just get a clue and get rid of the RoF already?

Message 84 of 87 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Kudo number 48. They need to ELIMINATE this BS. next would be

-Party Spltting

Message 85 of 87 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

DeluxeGemini wrote:

Zonnex wrote:

So some dude with a negative KD and W/L in this easy game that cater towards casuals tells me I suck....ok.

The game takes one step forward and 2 steps back.  Its never gotten better.

Well... yeah. Unless you refer to yourself as being a God in Uncharted 2 and many other perferct online games. I believe people that were perfect in other games do believe this game is broken. I've seen real broken online games. This is nowhere close to that level.

0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 20, 2012
Happy to see you didn't post the kudos count in the topic title.

Message 87 of 87 (148 Views)
0 Likes