Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Re: SO LOL AT UNCHARTED!

Aug 1, 2012

Just because your internet is good for some other games does not mean it is good enough for all games. This argument is becoming as tired as some complaining they need to upgrade their graphics card on their PC. 

I can play say, Peace Walker on the PS3 just fine, does not mean I am going to have the best experience connecting to every other game I find. 

As stated above, Killzone has dedicated servers. So you may be able to connect to those servers just fine with your average internet. Uncharted does not have dedicated servers and so your average internet may not be the best for connecting to Joe across the sea.

Mutliple games hold you in place for lagging, not just Uncharted, as others just outright kick you too. It's something you quite simply have to deal with for online gaming, you'll run into it no matter what. It's just more present in Uncharted. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 25 (470 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
250 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Valient4truth wrote:
I had really loved this game and played it for a very long time.... but I found something out recently that has really left me scratching my head.... I quit playing uncharted cause the game is so laggy that I was being held still repeatedly... this did NOT always happen... it got worse as time went on. Well the head scratching thing is that when I went to play kill zone 2 and 3 NOT ONCE did I get held still ever! Sure people lagging and with faster connections kill you quicker but that I can live with. But this let me know how much attention naught dog is paying to the online portion of this game... they don't care what's happening to us as long as they're making money. My advise to the poor players with sucky internet is to find another game cuz this one doesn't seem to have the budget to ensure basic fair online play. So now go ahead all you idiots who like to parrot all the its your internet crud... I only have a decent internet but its good enough to play other online games with NO problems... I guess this one is just special! SO LOL AT NAUGHTY DOG AND THEYRE PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT ONLINE PLAY!

Why don't you just get off your **bleep** , eject Uncharted 3 from your ps3 , put it in it's case , get dressed go to gamestop and trade it in instead of moaning about it on this forum ?

Message 12 of 25 (459 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 1, 2012
I want to ask a good question... Is this guy serious or is he a troll?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 13 of 25 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Wonka OK Internet

Message 14 of 25 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Could you stop making threads?
Message 15 of 25 (415 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 1, 2012
Sorry, that's Uncharted 3 for you. Killzone and Battlefield don't lag for me because they have dedicated servers, and I have good Internet. Uncharted 3 is a P2P game because not enough people play for ND to invest in dedicated servers which have to be shut down faster than P2P. Sadly, this means when you get foreigners, their ping comes into play and screws up the game. I've noticed it more and more recently for some reason. Modern Warfare 3 has the same crap going on, but it actually rewards the poorer connection, and punishes me for a good connection. IMHO Uncharted 3 lag>Modern Warfare 3 lag compensation.

Message 16 of 25 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Valient4truth wrote:
I had really loved this game and played it for a very long time.... but I found something out recently that has really left me scratching my head.... I quit playing uncharted cause the game is so laggy that I was being held still repeatedly... this did NOT always happen... it got worse as time went on. Well the head scratching thing is that when I went to play kill zone 2 and 3 NOT ONCE did I get held still ever! Sure people lagging and with faster connections kill you quicker but that I can live with. But this let me know how much attention naught dog is paying to the online portion of this game... they don't care what's happening to us as long as they're making money. My advise to the poor players with sucky internet is to find another game cuz this one doesn't seem to have the budget to ensure basic fair online play. So now go ahead all you idiots who like to parrot all the its your internet crud... I only have a decent internet but its good enough to play other online games with NO problems... I guess this one is just special! SO LOL AT NAUGHTY DOG AND THEYRE PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT ONLINE PLAY!

Lag is a very big issue in UC3 but THIS is not true and I know you agree with me

Message 17 of 25 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 1, 2012
I have to say that some of these responses were exactly the pay off I was looking for... the Willy wonka a was the best! And yes this will be my last thread on this game... if the UC franchise ever get dedicated servers I'll be back cuz I really did like this game, it is very addictive, with its strategic capabilities, however the one guy would be interested to know that I broke the game in half not traded it in AND OH IT FELT SO GOOD LOLOLOLOLOL
Message 18 of 25 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 12, 2013

imback sucks 4 you

Message 19 of 25 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 13, 2013
Necrobump?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 20 of 25 (322 Views)
0 Likes