Fender Bender
4237 posts

Re: SP affect on strafing should be nerfed.

Feb 29, 2012

But as triple has said it does need to be fixed.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 21 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Feb 29, 2012

If the stopping power will be tweaked on strafing, then FF have to be tweaked. It will be OP once again.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 22 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Oh look. It's this thread... Again. For the 8 millionth time.

Seriously. Look around.

and quit crying for nerfs.

No wonder Uncharted 2 got broken. It was broken by you people crying over everything. People like to blame ND for that. however. the changes were community driven, blame yourselves. I'm not sitting back and letting you people ruin a game a second time just because you can't take a few deaths.

Message 23 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Mar 1, 2012

I just cannot agree with this unless Fleet Foot gets a (Major) nerf.  If SP stopped affecting Strafing without a Fleet Foot nerf then guess what?  There wouldn't be any reason at all to use any boosters other than Fleet Foot because nothing can counter it, it would be the best booster to use in the game.

Sully

Message 24 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

Oh look. It's this thread... Again. For the 8 millionth time.

Seriously. Look around.

and quit crying for nerfs.

No wonder Uncharted 2 got broken. It was broken by you people crying over everything. People like to blame ND for that. however. the changes were community driven, blame yourselves. I'm not sitting back and letting you people ruin a game a second time just because you can't take a few deaths.

The community didn't break UC2 because they cried, ND broke it because it was their "vision". They've said so repeatedly in the past. If anything they didn't actually listen to the community because all they asked for was fixes for glitches, removal of SA, and the original weapon damage/health.

Ketsueki_Wolf wrote:

I just cannot agree with this unless Fleet Foot gets a (Major) nerf.  If SP stopped affecting Strafing without a Fleet Foot nerf then guess what?  There wouldn't be any reason at all to use any boosters other than Fleet Foot because nothing can counter it, it would be the best booster to use in the game.

--------------- I use the AK-47 because I'm skilled. You'll never see me use Quick Boom or Revenge because those boosters are for people who can't get kills. I'm also gay, got a problem with it? You can just deal with it.

As it's been mentioned, this tweak would also require a reduction in FF level 3's speed down to level 2 because otherwise it would indeed be too fast. But to say there wouldn't be any reason to use other boosters is simply ridiculous. If you want to take FF users on head up use FF (as it's typically always been in UC MP), if you value a different playstyle, choose different boosters. You shouldn't be able to completely counter FF with any booster because that would be unbalanced.

Honestly, Cloaked is, and will most likely always be, the best overall slot 1 booster for Public games. Beast mode is best for Plunder, and Regeneration is best for Team OBJ. UC2 had strafing + stopping power balanced perfectly and it that's all we're asking for.

Message 25 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

Mar 1, 2012

So stopping power wouldn't affect you at all as long as you're aiming....

Message 26 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Nerf sp affect from strafing and remove FF....problem solved

Message 27 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Mar 1, 2012

Awh, your blacklisting again?

To Aurellia: I dont really think U2 got broken because of the "nerf attitude", it wasnt all bad untill CoD fanboys migrated here and said that the damage was too high. So actually, U2 was buffed and not nerfed, thats what broke it.

To OP: If stopping power didnt affect you when aiming everyone would use fleet foot and it will become like Mw3. There you move faster when aiming than running because of stalker, and how good is that? its fine like it is but a booster like "beast mode" should decrease SPs efficency by 25% or somethig.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I do is laugh at the ignorance of our modern society. If you think that your more intelligent and "better" than me, that's your ignorant thought and it doesnt bother me at all since I can see why you act that way in the blink of an eye. As an artist Im used to people like these forumers <3. Btw, IF your gonna insult the lack of " ' " signs. Please do, its fun to see how people react on minimalistic things that arent important.
Insults to my spelling are also fun to read and judge a person by.
Message 28 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2007 posts

Mar 1, 2012

God fucking damn it. How even more deadly do you want Fleet Foot level 3 to be?

Do you know how hard it is to kill fleet footers in Uncharted 2 and there is no stopping power to strafing in that game.

Message 29 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Mar 1, 2012

I tried U2 a while back and does fleet foot even do anything? it increases the speed by like 5% and you die by about 5 shots anyway so it doesnt provide anything helpfull.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I do is laugh at the ignorance of our modern society. If you think that your more intelligent and "better" than me, that's your ignorant thought and it doesnt bother me at all since I can see why you act that way in the blink of an eye. As an artist Im used to people like these forumers <3. Btw, IF your gonna insult the lack of " ' " signs. Please do, its fun to see how people react on minimalistic things that arent important.
Insults to my spelling are also fun to read and judge a person by.
Message 30 of 38 (11 Views)
0 Likes