May 07 2012
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3699 posts

SUPER SURVIVAL Mode (Most Wanted Since Uncharted 2)

[ Edited ]
339 replies 1136 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

Hello Naughty Dog,

This game CAN STILL BE the GO-TO Multiplayer game if you add the following mode (or similar) as I'm about to say (or better it)

A majority of COD fans I have come across have banged on about how much they love Zombies. Even when I'm out and about, I will overhear COD fans talk amongst themselves saying such things as "hey steve, you coming on zombies today"? etc etc

The game is going on forever because of that mode, and even then, they only have like 4-5 maps (maybe less not sure) whearas here we have much more!!

We all know you copied certain things from COD anyway, so if you're going to copy them, then why didn't you copy their best bit? (Zombies)

I know Guardians and Decendants are out of the question, so I have come up with a better solution to your and our problems.

Make a Survival mode based on my idea below. IMO it should be 100 rounds even though earlier I was asking for unlimited.

These 100 rounds should be extremely difficult and ONLY TRUE CO-OP team work can get you through. It MUST live up to it's name (CO-OP)

Rambo-ing, being a hero, a lone wolf and selfishness should NEVER get you through these 100 rounds EVER!

ONLY true dedicated team work SHOULD.

Now, we know that there are dozens and dozens of characters IN this game (yes I am ONLY concentrating on U3 characters) so you have the capability to USE THEM ALL.

Here is an EXAMPLE of how the mode should pan out.

We MUST have ALL these enemies who get harder and harder as the rounds increase.

These are the enemies that should appear IN NO PARTICULAR order..

NOTE: Varieties = different skin colour and clothed of the same type of enemy

Types = different enemy altogether for e.g Suited and Pirate are different

Pistol Pirates (different varieties)

Pistol Pub Agents - different varieties (those guys you melee first thing in Story)

Pistol Desert Agents (different varieties)

Pistol Suited Agents (different varieties)

Pistol Lazarevic's men (yes they're on the disc in Adventure so they should be included, again different varieties)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7010/6833759219_b51bafe0e8_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6833759321_eb3d1c03cf_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7170/6833759385_a874e02c94_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6833759463_2892f49534_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7002/6833759531_9d8c9f2463_m.jpg

Pistole enemies (ALL types i.e Desert, Pub, Suited and varieties as above)

TAU sniper enemies (again as above, all different types and varieties)

Long Gun enemies (AK-47, M9, Shotgun, Sniper ETC ETC) ALL varities and types as above

BOTH types of riot shield enemies (all varieties and types as above)

ALL type of Armoured enemies (Talbots, Lazaravic's and the Pirate armoured enemies)

These armoured enemies include:

Snipers, RPG, Hammer and chokers and will also have Long guns

All types of armoured enemies have the kickbacks they have now such as:

Miltia Man, Cluster Bomb, Mega Bomb, Carpet Bomb and Hammer

Djinn enemies (All types we have in shade)

PAK 80 Brute

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6833766469_8af6935087_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7166/6833766413_7bbb8d206b_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7007/6833766343_e9816a62e5_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7175/6833766309_b7cd62daae_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7141/6833766261_8d311d6f8a_m.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7012/6833766213_36d57f6256_m.jpg

SPECIAL ENEMIES JUST FOR THIS MODE:

(these don't need to be added, they're just suggestions)

Mag enemies who can kill in 2 shots from far (All types and varieties as mentioned up above)

Wes enemies who can kill in 2 shots from far (All types and varieties as mentioned up above)

All types of FAL enemies including Armoured (All types and varieties as mentioned up above)

Non armoured kickback enemies

(for earlier rounds who have no armour but all kickbacks mentioned above)

Armoured Riot Shield Enemies

(Suggested By LilJohnR10)

They have bigger riot shields (in height)

With the riot shield being taller, armored enemies can walk with them

Armored riot shielders are granted a long gun instead of a side arm

Djinn Pak80 Brute

Non Armoured Brutes (these are brutes from Story that only melee Drake)

There is one that's from London, one which wears a white shirt, one which is a black pirate and one that is an Arab desert type, and possibly many more. These enemies will not shoot but will replace the guardians and decendants. They will just melee you to death so it's best to keep out of their way and shoot and grenade them from a distance.

They could be the "dogs (from COD) of this survival mode after every 4 rounds)

Djinn Non Armoured Brutes (same as above but much MUCH tougher)

Djinn other varieties and types

(i.e Pub Agents, Suited agents, Desert agents and Lazarevic's men)

Pak 80 brute kickback who has miltia man, cluster bomb or BOTH!!

Now, these special enemies should be created if it's possible for ND and there's no technical limitations.

Obviously the more difficult enemies will appear later and they don't have to come one type at a time (e.g one round with pirates only etc) they SHOULD all come mixed up and randomly.

e.g Round 14 should consist of: Pistole pub agent, M9 Suited agents, Djinn pistol pirate, Lazarevic's hemlet choker, Unarmoured cluster bomb enemy, Desert Riot shielder

This would add variety and randomness to this mode.

BONUS ROUNDS: (Suggested By Raske709)

Every 10 rounds (if this mode turns out to be a 100 round survival) we should face "special" enemies for these reasons:

• Players will know they've reached a milestone
  • After the round is complete they get a lot of cash bonus (which will increase every milestone)
  • Something different to to look forward to

These "milestone" rounds should be completely randomized and very unique.

Here a few suggestions on what they could involve:

Round 10: Unarmoured Shotgun enemies only

Round 20: Unarmoured chokers only! (that would be fun! )

Round 30: Shield enemies only

Round 40: "Militia Man" unarmoured enemies only!

Round 50: Sniper enemies only (would be hard, but the halfway point level needs to be challanging!)

Ect...

RANDOM SPAWNS

GoldHawk1 has pointed out that enemy spawns are somewhat identicle and this needs to be changed for this mode at least. A player doesn't actually become better, they just memorize the spawns which helps them take out enemies easily. This is a very good point. As I've already suggested tons and tons of different types and varieties of enemies, then this shouldn't be such a brainer.

Enemies should be mixed up every round and also spawn randomly at different points of the maps. They should be coming at you from left, right and centre which should keep you on your toes at all times. This way players wont be able to memorize enemy spawns and anticipate them.

Overall there should be enemies that come at players, and also enemies that keep thier distance and enemies all around the map. This variety will help this mode and make it fresh every time we play it.

LIVES

Every player has 5 lives each. After a players 5 lives is over and dies for the 6th time, then that player must wait for the next round to respawn just like in Uncharted 2 and COD.

However a player can choose when to use up their 5 lives. For example, If i die on the 2nd round and the respawn clock is counting down and reaches 0 seconds, then I have the following options on screen:

Press Square to lose a life and respawn

Press Triangle to lose a life and respawn on buddy

Press Circle to wait till the round is over

This then gives me a tactical advantage. I can afford to save a life and wait till the next round because it's only Round 2, but if we were on a higher round then I'd have to lose 1 of my 5 lives to respawn.

This way the player has to choose when to use up their 5 lives and when to save them. A player could die with 1 enemy left, so it's better for him to save a life and wait till the next round ETC.

If a player loses all their lives and the whole team (who still have their lives intact) dies then they will automatically spawn after the round restarts,

e.g I have 0 lives and my team mates have 2 lives left each and they die whist I'm out for that round, then I will restart the round with them and they will have 1 life left (each) while I still have 0. ONLY when all players have 0 lives and they all die in the same round, then does the game end.

SINGLE PLAYER:

This Super Survival mode DOESN'T have to be just about rewards but for fun also. There should be an option to play single player for 2 reasons:

1. A player may want to challenge themselves to see how far they can go without help.
  2. If other players quit then the game wont end, and a single player can keep playing on their own till someone joins or till the end

If single player is implemented then chokers need to be remove or CHANGED just for this mode.

The best option is to change them when 1 player is active (playing solo from the start or other players leaving).

A single player can repeatedly tap trianlge and break out of the choke hold, which results in an animation that kills the choker (including armoured ones)

LATE JOINS:

During a public match, players can join late games but ONLY up till a quarter of the complete mode,

e.g if it's a 100 round survival then a player may join from round 1-25.

These players will ONLY get the cash multiplier bonus and NOT the full rewards that other players (ones who have played from the very begining) will get.

IMO, it's not fair if one player works their backside off from the begining and gets a reward, when another one (who has just joined after missing a quarter of the game) gets the same reward.

The mode itself should take a maximum of an hour or so to complete, so that's the similar amount of time playing 3 co-op arena matches or 3 CMP matches.

In that time not EVERYONE gets disconnected. I'm sure many people can play more than 3 co-op Arena and CMP matches in a row without disconnection issues. I myself have a crappy connection, but most of the time I manage to play 10 or more Arena matches without a problem.

If people are playing for rewards then they should sort out their net, and party up with players (ones with a good connection to host) before hand and give it a go.

Players playing for fun should play as normal on public matchmaking or even with their friends on custom.

FORFEIT: (Suggested By GoldHawk1 edited by me)

For something like this (100 rounds) , I think a "forfeit" option should be enabled.  There's the "quit" option, but not everyone can stay around for tons of rounds of co-op, because as of now if you quit you lose all your progress. Having a forfeit option would let you leave the match while keeping progress. There needs to be a limit though. A player can forfeit after completing a minimum of 10 rounds. If a player wants to quit or "forfeit" after 10 rounds then they get to keep everything they've earned, however if they forfeit/quit before a minimum of 10 rounds then they lose everything.

CONTINUES: (Suggested By GoldHawk1 edited by me)

IF we have a 100 round survival then yes it will take a very longt time so if we have an option to save our progress after every 10 rounds then that will be a great solution. However this will only work for parties/amongst friends and not with randoms in matchmaking. If say me and 2 other friends who play often reach level 70, then the host (me) can save the game and it will automatically save on all 3 players' save game data. Those 3 players can continue the next day only if the host (me) remains the host and the 3 same players are playing. Again, this is just a suggestion especially if it's a 100 round survival. If it's like 30 or so then this shouldn't be an issue.

REWARDS:

Firstly getting that Silver co-op star wasn't all that difficult and to be fair some people can get it IN A DAY!! So we need something better as rewards and something that ONLY the very best can get after working their backsides off for months (more gaming = Go to mulitplayer)

These rewards should be awarded after finishing certain rounds on ALL co-op maps (which by the way will feel like Unlimited because it will take forever)

A Gold Star in your emblem should be awarded for completing all maps from round 1 - (30/50/100)

(Players who complete them via a late join will not get this reward)

There should be medals which need to be collected for ALL maps which will unlock these (EXAMPLES) items

• Complete rounds 1-25 or a quarter of the complete mode (standard amount of cash)

which will award you with the "Hardest Of Core" Medal

You must collect ALL these medals on ALL co-op maps to unlock

a Golden Para 9 pistol and AK

• Complete rounds 26-50 or half of the complete mode (1.5x cash multiplier)

which will award you with the "Gotta Crush 'Em All" Medal

You must collect ALL these medals on ALL co-op maps to unlock a Djinn skin

• Complete rounds 51-75 or a third of the complete mode (2.0x cash multiplier)

which will award you with the "Super Survivor"  Medal

You must collect ALL these medals on ALL co-op maps to unlock

A Special Emblem For Customization

This cool emblem can be added on ANY of your characters clothes,

and ONLY a very few will have these so it will be RARE

• Complete rounds 76-100 Or ALL of the complete mode) (3.0x cash multiplier)

which will award you with the "Masters Of The Universe" Medal

You must collect ALL these medals on ALL co-op maps to unlock the following:

• 1 Gold item for each character e.g

(Drake gets a Gold Ring Necklace, Sully a Gold Watch, Chloe a Gold Tiara ETC ETC)

• A Gold Star or Skull on your emblem or BOTH

(Gold Star will replace the silver one if you had it before)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5452/6945120240_1435a7d9be_s.jpg 

These rewards will be worth it and for once you will have something unique (after achieveing this feat)

This will keep tons of people occupied for months and months if not years because it will and SHOULD be a challenge!

I will be happy with 50 rounds or at the very least 30 (due to play time and disconnections), but if rounds were to be cut then the difficulty should increase tenfold and the lives need to be cut.

PLEASE NOTE:

• THE AIM OF THIS MODE IS TO FEEL LIKE AN UNLIMITED SURVIVAL, AND FOR PLAYERS TO IMPROVE.
  • IT MUST TAKE A VERY LONG TIME TO COMPLETE THIS MODE AS A WHOLE (I.E UNLOCKING ALL REWARDS)
  • ONLY A VERY FEW (THE BEST) SHOULD BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE THIS (NO POINT IF EVERYONE ACHIEVES THIS I.E NOOBS)

What I've suggested (bar the "special enemies" and rewards) IS do-able and there WONT be any techinical issues that YOU ND have with the Guardians and Decendants.

NOW ND, THIS IS UP TO YOU. YOU CAN SAVE THIS GAME AND MAKE IT POPULAR AGAIN!!

Trawanza we would LOVE you if you could please send this to Naughty dog or the question to why they haven't replied to this thread. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 268 of 340 (1,136 Views)
Fender Bender
3854 posts

Re: Support This Thread For "Unlimited" Survival Mode REVISED Edition!!

Apr 17, 2012

I am surprised this thread hasn't had more attention but for sure pal add me to the list I would love this, I have nearly reached my target KD and I want two more boosters to gold but after that I don't know what I will so.

It will hopefully be a challenge and a hard one at that.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Naughtydog seriously needs to consider this.  I loved playing coop arena in UC2 with my friends and cousin because it was soo fun.  UC3 coop arena is kinda boring when it's not on crushing and the lack of enemy varities and types make it stupid.  Why have all these enemies that play exactly the same in campaign and adventure mode not be in coop arena mode?  Why can't we just play Survival only? 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1158 posts

Apr 17, 2012

I will do anything to make this happen..you have me supporting 110% all the way as I am a co-op lover player lol

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1158 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Once you beat everything with 2 players it kinda gets a little boring after awhile....so to have something like this will be the next big thing :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Apr 17, 2012

I support this

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15217 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Support the Co Op Own Space thread, then this nonsense can go away.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1158 posts

Apr 17, 2012

scootgar wrote:

--------------------------------------

Remove kill stats from Plunder. It just makes sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Apr 17, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Why so harsh? Obviously for Ali the Co-op is as important as Plunder is for you.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15217 posts

Apr 17, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Why so harsh? Obviously for Ali the Co-op is as important as Plunder is for you.

"This game CAN STILL BE the GO-TO Multiplayer game if you add the following mode as I'm about to say (or better it)"

Yeah, that's the one thing this game needed to become the Go To Game.

I'd dearly love to see the serial spammers in their own cubby hole.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 340 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes