Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 28 2013
By: jayjay275 Fender Bender 3468 posts

SUPPORT Playstation 4

21 replies 2003 views Edited May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23ps4nodrm

Tweet your concerns in the link above with the hastag #PS4NoDRM.

This will help you alot. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (2,003 Views)
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Re: SUPPORT Playstation 4

May 28, 2013

More support?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

May 28, 2013

SAY YES TO DRM

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 28, 2013

Call me clueless, but what's DRM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

May 28, 2013

Digital Rights Management, and if this is in PS4, used games will have additional fees attached to the game you purchased. Please campaign against this via twitter #PS4NoDRM.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (239 Views)
Fender Bender
2841 posts

May 28, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Digital Rights Management, and if this is in PS4, used games will have additional fees attached to the game you purchased. Please campaign against this via twitter #PS4NoDRM.

I can save you the effort by confirming that the PS4 will not block used games :smileytongue: :

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told Eurogamer that PlayStation 4 will not block the use of second-hand games, contrary to various reports, speculation and even a Sony patent unearthed last month.

I sat down with Yoshida a few hours after the PS4 reveal tonight and one of the first things I asked was whether used games would be blocked.

"Do you want us to do that?" he asked.

No, I said. I think, if you buy something on a disc, that you have a kind of moral contract with the person you've bought it from that you retain some of that value and you can pass it on.

Do you agree, I asked?

"Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers," said Yoshida. "They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation."

So if someone buys a PlayStation 4 game, I asked, you're not going to stop them reselling it?

"Aaaah," was Yoshida's initial answer, but seemingly only because he'd forgotten his line. "So what was our official answer to our internal question?" he asked his Japanese PR advisor. The advisor stepped in but didn't seem to answer clearly, at least to my ears. Yoshida then took control again firmly:

"So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

I said I thought that was fine.

Interestingly, I also spoke to a Sony source elsewhere at the event this evening who told me that the anti used-game patent discovered last month was actually nothing to do with PlayStation 4 at all.

The patent suggested that discs would come branded with a contactless tag that could be recognised and read by your console, which would then bind it to you and prevent you from selling it on.

But whatever reason Sony did have for patenting it, it sounds like it wasn't for its next-generation console. Hopefully Microsoft will also avoid this ludicrous technology with its next-generation Xbox as well. (comment from me: they won't :smileywink: )

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (225 Views)
Fender Bender
2841 posts

May 28, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Call me clueless, but what's DRM?

let me fill you in :smileywink:

recently the xbox one was revealed and after the crappy show they said it will block used games (in other words: DRM, Digital Rights Management...), the way they block it is that you have to connect to the internet with each game you buy to connect it to your account, so you can't play your game without internet (you have to connect at least once every 24 hours...), also you can't sell it, and you can't lend it to a friend (you can however play it with a friend on your account, but yeah, that is annoying...), if you want to play a used game, then you have to pay a fee (that is as much as the game normally would cost), so in other words: don't support this crap, screw microsoft, don't buy an xbox one, I never understood why people even bhought a xbox360 when M$ is so greedy to ask you to pay for online, while the PS3 is free, so support Sony, don't support Microsoft, it's that simple :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (222 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

May 28, 2013

@ Matthijs  Thanks :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 28, 2013

Ugh . Dx I'm not ready for the PS4 . lol 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

May 28, 2013

I actually was considering buy the CrapBox One, I didn't know of this DRM stuff, now I'm going PS4 all the way. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (186 Views)