Treasure Hunter
3643 posts

Re: SUPPORT Playstation 4

May 28, 2013
I don't want to pay a fee to play a game I borrowed or bought used. I don't want hand motion controls. I don't want my gaming console to watch my every move and allow others into my personal life. I don't see an xbox exclusive worth buying. I don't want my gaming console to run 24/7. I don't need it to replace my cable/satellite box. Oooh a blu ray player!!! Oh yeah, already got that... back in 2007. Sorry Microsoft, you haven't won me over. Even though I seriously thought you might.
Message 11 of 22 (181 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10165 posts

May 28, 2013
*ooh, a blu-ray player! Sorry, I mean my PS3.

They BETTER let me use used games. I trade my games for other games.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 12 of 22 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

May 29, 2013

It would be nice, if any of you who visit other forums could help gather support just by using the link I posted. 

@Blitz, I have done a thread on MyCrysis. :smileywink:

Message 13 of 22 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

May 29, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

It would be nice, if any of you who visit other forums could help gather support just by using the link I posted. 

@Blitz, I have done a thread on MyCrysis. :smileywink:

but it will not block used games, I posted that on the first page, the head of Sony Playstation had said it himself...

Message 14 of 22 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6190 posts

May 29, 2013

Didn't they say it was up to the developers? on the used games thing. Then a petition went out for against it, and the guys in sony heard it and whatnot.

I mean it really does seem they are leaning waaaay toward no DRM, but it isn't a 100% guranteed thing yet.

photo Sniper.png
Message 15 of 22 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

May 29, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Didn't they say it was up to the developers? on the used games thing. Then a petition went out for against it, and the guys in sony heard it and whatnot.

I mean it really does seem they are leaning waaaay toward no DRM, but it isn't a 100% guranteed thing yet.

Hopefully it will be soon. It's great that many people support this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 16 of 22 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

May 29, 2013

Well, Shuhei Yoshida has been trolling us with some indie game that is on the vita. The abbreviation for it is DRM, so..... 

Message 17 of 22 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

May 29, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I heard that too, and now that I think of it, Sony has no choice, they have to accept that some publishers (*cough* EA *cough*) wants used games to be blocked, and while I am sure the PS4 will not block used games, it will not stop publishers from blocking used games either.

What I mean with that, is that for instance publishers can choose to make an online pass for 60$ that comes with each new copy of the game, and you have to go online and download that online pass before you can play the game, Sony can't stop them from doing that, and even if they could, then that would mean that all EA games would be xbox one exclusives.

But it's not as bad as it sounds, not all publishers are money grabbing idiots, I think only EA and maybe Activision will go that route, but all ps4 exclusives will not be blocked for certain, and I don't think Ubisoft will do that either, but it's still speculation, we will have to wait until E3 and then I hope we will know all about it...

Message 18 of 22 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

May 29, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I heard that too, and now that I think of it, Sony has no choice, they have to accept that some publishers (*cough* EA *cough*) wants used games to be blocked, and while I am sure the PS4 will not block used games, it will not stop publishers from blocking used games either.

What I mean with that, is that for instance publishers can choose to make an online pass for 60$ that comes with each new copy of the game, and you have to go online and download that online pass before you can play the game, Sony can't stop them from doing that, and even if they could, then that would mean that all EA games would be xbox one exclusives.

But it's not as bad as it sounds, not all publishers are money grabbing idiots, I think only EA and maybe Activision will go that route, but all ps4 exclusives will not be blocked for certain, and I don't think Ubisoft will do that either, but it's still speculation, we will have to wait until E3 and then I hope we will know all about it...

Publishers won't want to lose 50% of their sales, no way will they join Microsoft just because Sony might not have DRM. 

Message 19 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 29, 2013

Sony said their published titles won't block used games since they will obviously keep their online pass strategy.

But it's up to 3rd party publishers either way this will just backfire on them in the long run especially if it starts to hurt businesses like game stop amazon. 

Either way i'll be getting a PS4, I already decided this from years ago lol.

Message 20 of 22 (114 Views)
0 Likes