Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013
After asraik mentioned it again, I came to think:

So you're complaining about some guy making UCTV videos being sexist, but you're complaining about guys posting on your topic?

Although I'm pretty sure most PotW makers have a bias for popular people.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 31 of 117 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2224 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
After asraik mentioned it again, I came to think:

So you're complaining about some guy making UCTV videos being sexist, but you're complaining about guys posting on your topic?

Although I'm pretty sure most PotW makers have a bias for popular people.

Exactly.

 

Asks for girl gamers only thus being sexist -> Claims guy on UCTV won't upload girl's videos and asks for nude pics (no evidence) -> Claims girls are treated differently that no guy would understand (no evidence) -> States guys shouldn't post on a girl post (hypocritcal sexist post) -> When asked for evidence she provides none -> Calls me a troll, yet she is using an alt and new YT account (hiding her real identity) -> Gets people to defend her sexist attitude because she claims she is a 'girl' (wrong on so many levels.)

Message 32 of 117 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013
Why do you want proof though.. Its her business. I never read all the walls of text but it just seemed you were going through alot of trouble to defend guys even tho she wasn't being sexist and just wanted some girl friends to have fun with and make videos (OP). But whatever shes been put in place now,eh (That was a joke).
Message 33 of 117 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013
Defend guys? We don't need defending. I hate hasty generalizations as much as the US hates getting one-upped by any other country.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 34 of 117 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2224 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013

xModern-Warbear wrote:
Why do you want proof though.. Its her business. I never read all the walls of text but it just seemed you were going through alot of trouble to defend guys even tho she wasn't being sexist and just wanted some girl friends to have fun with and make videos (OP). But whatever shes been put in place now,eh (That was a joke).

She made a claim that someone was uploading videos to UCTV and asking girls for nude pictures which is wrong. I asked for proof of this individual's actions so we can all see that someone is being sexist to girl gamers. What I instead get is a sexist person (apparently female) with no proof and targetting male gamers saying they shouldn't even be posting here. She was being sexist, asking only for girl gamers, saying guys shouldn't post here was a sexist thing to say. Why can she only have 'girl' friends. I have friends who are both guys and girls, my closest friends have all been girls and I don't see a reasoning behind this "GIRLS ONLY" attitude or club. So why be sexist and only have girls be allowed on your Youtube, I am all for girl gamers getting known as skilled players and being treated fairly so long as men are treated fairly also.

Message 35 of 117 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013
I'd like to have a talk with this sexist fellow too. That is a BS factor in determining who gets into his PotW.


If you need to have a filter in PotW, limit it to people who aren't well-known.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 36 of 117 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
31 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013
I think she meant *why are guys posting here* as in why would they want to when she clearly stated only girls for HER youtube channel, Not sexist. She doesn't own these forums tho and can't just banish people its up to the poster to think is there really any need for me to posting here. Anyway i have school soon its 6:30 am UK so bye.
Message 37 of 117 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2224 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

xModern-Warbear wrote:
I think she meant *why are guys posting here* as in why would they want to when she clearly stated only girls for HER youtube channel, Not sexist. She doesn't own these forums tho and can't just banish people its up to the poster to think is there really any need for me to posting here. Anyway i have school soon its 6:30 am UK so bye.

In a way it is sexist, you're excluding a certain group of gamers (that would be like excluding all Mexicans from a Tournament while letting every other type of player [including others in South America] play based on that one thing about them.) I asked for the reasoning of this girls only channel and she stated people were treating girls differently (sexism) and that some guy on UCTV was not uploading videos of girl gamers and wanted nude pics of them. Yet she provided no proof but as soon as guys posted she stated they shouldn't even be posting because it is a 'girl' topic. That is sexism, and a hyprocrite no less.

 

sex·ism  (skszm)

n.
1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.
 
(I.e her posts and the UCTV guy who she claims was sexist. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sexist)
 
Noun1.hypocrite - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives
 
(i.e stating the sexism against woman [specifically female gamers] is wrong but being sexist against male gamers posting. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hypocrite)
 
No she can't banish people, she doesn't own the forums but that doesn't mean you should be allowed to discriminate based on someone else's gender, sexual orientation, beliefs (so long as it isn't hateful), religion and other such things. You may not feel the need to speak up against things like this but others do because we don't like to see a certain group treated unfairly. Have fun at school I guess, and um bye?
 
Message 38 of 117 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2012
Offline
6980 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013

Asraik wrote:

UC3Divas wrote:

MY LAST MESSAGE TO YOU. read my first post it states i have made a new acc. i only told you the truth because you would not stop harassing. also you are not the only one who knows this happened, nothing will be done, they can only apologise so to state who it is, well its pointless. you enter this post where i simply asked and pushed and pushed because obviously you treat girls differently. if you didn't you would not have entered a post stating it was looking for girl gamers when you are a guy. also being that you keep pushing how fair everything is then i should be able to post whatever i like without being harassed. so heres an idea make a obviously female psn and try going on uc3 or even better playstation home and see how guys treat you. like the saying says do not judge until you have lived a day in their shoes. 


No, you didn't tell me the truth, you told me an accusation, a sub par one at that with no names, evidence or anything to back your claim up. I am not the only one? WHERE IS YOUR PROOF? They (who are they) may not even be guilty but yet you keep degrading them and we have no clue who they are. I don't treat girls differently at all, I treat people who lie differently or who make outlandish claims. Why should there be a post specifically attached to girl gamers, because I'm not a girl we couldn't possibly be friends or game together? It isn't fair what you are posting, you are spreading this fabricated lie with no evidence, why not post on your real account unless you have something to hide? I'm not going to make a 'female' psn because I'm not an idiot, anyone who does so is asking for that attention and to be treated a certain way. Making a username that identifies your gender is like one that identifies your orientation or skin color. People will tear you apart for it, because people are generally jerks. Here is what you have said:

 

1. You claim girls are being treated unfairly and people ask for nude photos in exchange for their video on UCTV with no evidence.

 

2, When asked for evidence you can't provide any, refusing to comment and changing the subject.

 

3. You call me a troll, yet your on an alt and have nothing to prove what you are saying (other than that men can't post on here, which it is a free world.)

 

4. Your saying I don't know how it feels to be a girl gamer on PSN? I've been harassed just as much as a girl might without starting anything.


enjoying this forum drama

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 39 of 117 (433 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/03/2011
Offline
1424 posts
 

Re: Searching for Uncharted 3 Girl Gamers

Jan 28, 2013

A desperate guy who makes an alt posing as a girl to lure other girls into a fake girls-only UC3 clan?

 

Yup, just another night on the ND forums.

Message 40 of 117 (410 Views)