Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
571 posts

Re: Shottie Kickback Overpowered

Feb 29, 2012

You know if the shotie is nerfed in any kind of way, medals, ammo whatever, i see the rising of the most disgusting kickback in all history : QUICKBOOM

It costs the same and guess what? Theres is still no counter to it, unlike the shottie

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Feb 29, 2012

g-mal is more overpowered and needs a buff before this

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Buster-kun-- wrote:

Strategy??? LMAO

Step 1.  Earn 10 medals (or 7-8 if you're one of those bargain/bargain+paid bargain users)

Step 2.  Run around or hide in a corner, then bunnyhop+tap R1 twice for a guaranteed kill.

Step 3.  Repeat step 2 until your kickback is used up.

Step 4.  By this time you have most likely earned enough medals for another kickback.  Time to repeat Step 2!

The auto aim while jumping needs to be turned down.  WAY down.  Then perhaps the "Shottie" kickback might be a bit more balanced.

Using a sawed-off shotgun does take a bit more more in the way of strategy because you need to be close to your target for it to work, and there's a lot that can go wrong in that case. Also, if there are more than two people close together on your screen, the auto-aim is going to go crazy and you're going to get shot and melee'd by them. You're always vulnerable when hiding anywhere too.

That method you suggest could be used for pretty much any kickback as well. So I guess this game takes no strategy?

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Ridiculous. People will complain about anything these days.

Nobody ever mentioned that this kickback was overpowered from launch, and now, a few MONTHS after launch, ONE person makes a thread, and everyone agrees.

This is a classic example of forum hivemind.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Feb 29, 2012

brandon207_ wrote:

g-mal is more overpowered and needs a buff before this

http://www.milehighreport.com/images/globals/status/misc-jackie-chan.jpg

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Feb 29, 2012

It was overpowered from launch, but no one cared, because Quickbomb was (by far) more powerful.

I think it is the most powerful kickback at the moment. Well, it is as strong as Quickbomb.

I would not remove the auto-aim; it should cost more medals..

[SnYp]-Clan
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Is that a sketch of jackie chan triple? lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Kickbacks are meant to be overpowered. So what ...

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Feb 29, 2012

GMRcris wrote:

Is that a sketch of jackie chan triple? lol.

It's a popular image for rage comics. If someone doesn't use that for "are you serious" reactions, it's this one:

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Feb 29, 2012

NihilistMonkey wrote:

Using a sawed-off shotgun does take a bit more more in the way of strategy because you need to be close to your target for it to work, and there's a lot that can go wrong in that case. Also, if there are more than two people close together on your screen, the auto-aim is going to go crazy and you're going to get shot and melee'd by them. You're always vulnerable when hiding anywhere too.

That method you suggest could be used for pretty much any kickback as well. So I guess this game takes no strategy?

Vulnerable when hiding?  No way!  What other kernels of wisdom do you have to offer?  The auto aim CAN work against you, that's a fair point, but most of the time it doesn't.  The auto aim feeds people kills, just like..... oh I don't know, Quick Boom?

The method I described can work for other kickbacks that spawn you with weapons that can be abused with the auto-aim jumping mechanic, yeah, but not in the same capacity as the shotgun can.  You could argue that the hammer can potentially get more medals given the right situation, but that costs 12 medals.

I'm not suggesting that this game takes no strategy/skill, it does.  I'm just saying that jumping+blindfiring the shottie gives you free kills.  Provided that you are engaging single targets (most smart players will....), you earn the following medals, assuming that you're jumping+blindfiring:

3x Death from Above

1x Commando

1x Power Killer

A minimum of half of your kickback costs, just for using your kickback?  That's a joke.

sigbar

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 94 (12 Views)
0 Likes