Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
551 posts

Re: Should Power Weapons Be Available At The Start?

Nov 27, 2012

Power Weapons should not be in the game types such as Free for All and Elimination but removing them in Classic/TDM would also be nice. Power Weapons are evrywhere in this game and they respawn wayyyy to quickly.

My suggestions would be to have one Power Weapon on each map (Hammer). :smileyhappy:

Do not let Power weapons respawn after they have been taken.:smileyvery-happy:

Or just completely remove them from the match/gametype :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

This would force everyone to use their LOADOUT WEAPONS to get kills, not a 1-2 shot kill weapon. The game would require more skill and maybe ND should implement a No Power Weapons gametype or test it out in the Lab.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 39 (173 Views)
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Sitrongr wrote:

Power Weapons should not be in the game types such as Free for All and Elimination but removing them in Classic/TDM would also be nice. Power Weapons are evrywhere in this game and they respawn wayyyy to quickly.

My suggestions would be to have one Power Weapon on each map (Hammer). :smileyhappy:

Or just completely remove them from the match/gametype :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

This would force everyone to use their LOADOUT WEAPONS to get kills, not a 1-2 shot kill weapon. The game would require more skill and maybe ND should implement a No Power Weapons gametype or test it out in the Lab.

I agree power weapons should be removed from FFA. In Elimination they should have a stronger power weapon instead of a Pistole in the middle of Yemen. Really!? Power weapons will help movement makes the game more interesting :smileywink:.

I believe Power Weapons are necessary and make the game more interesting. Though I do question ND's choice of spawns, they shouldn't be right next to spawns but towards the middle of the map similiar to how UC2 placed power weapons. 

Power weapons encourage movement and they add to the strategy of the game. Controlling power weapons is important and I like them without them the game would lose a gameplay strategy. 

IMO a bigger problem is Power Weapons from Kickbacks. Especially using loadouts such as ESE and Bargain. 

All said I would like a NPW lab and see how that turns out. 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 39 (164 Views)
Naughty Paw
5863 posts

Nov 27, 2012

far-zan wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

I agree power weapons should be removed from FFA. In Elimination they should have a stronger power weapon instead of a Pistole in the middle of Yemen. Really!? Power weapons will help movement makes the game more interesting :smileywink:.

I believe Power Weapons are necessary and make the game more interesting. Though I do question ND's choice of spawns, they shouldn't be right next to spawns but towards the middle of the map similiar to how UC2 placed power weapons. 

Power weapons encourage movement and they add to the strategy of the game. Controlling power weapons is important and I like them without them the game would lose a gameplay strategy. 

IMO a bigger problem is Power Weapons from Kickbacks. Especially using loadouts such as ESE and Bargain. 

All said I would like a NPW lab and see how that turns out. 

lol!? Power weapons ruin elimination... no matter which one. Getting the power weapon in the middle of the map raises that teams chances of winning a whole lot. And people know that, so it is the same routine every round, race to PW, kill team with it, win, repeat 2 more times, win the game.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 39 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Removing power weapons from FFA and Elimination is understandable, but remove them from any other gametype then there is a problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 39 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4368 posts

Nov 27, 2012
If you want no power weapons then there will be ZERO incentive to move around the map. You don't like parties getting the power weapons? Go challenge them for the PWs.

I promise, without PWs, every party will camp and you'll have no way to weed them out. Heck, most randoms will camp. Then all you guys that hate the "T2gL style" will complain that something needs to be done about camping.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 39 (135 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Nov 27, 2012
  • Leave power weapons in all modes accept FFA (because of the spawns) and remove/move the ones in 3TDM that one team always spawns on at the beginning.
  • Remove the power weapons that are right by a team's start spawn and only leave in the one's that are in the middle of the map or hidden away.
  • Make the power weapon that spawns each time be random.
  • Make the respawn time be random from 3-5 minutes.

Obviously this won't happen but it would be the best way. The real problem here is the power weapons that are right in the starting spawns. For example the RPG and Hammer on Chateau.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 39 (131 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I honestly Hope in the Next Uncharted (if they ever make another?) They Should Remove all Insta-kill Kickbacks, like

Quick-boom, Shottie, RPG, Hammer Time! Hell I never really like the Sniper Kickback.    

I believe Power Weapons Should only be picked up in the Map and Kickbacks should be Defensive Not Offensive!

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 39 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10029 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I was thinking the other way around. PW shouldn't be like, all around the map, rather they should be limited to one with the rest being a kickback. I mean honestly the only good non-offensive kickback is Smoke Bomb and that kickback still spazzes out.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 39 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4336 posts

Nov 27, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Dude, that's just you. Most people will go for a way to get kills fast, and power weapons happen to help.

:smileyvery-happy: that's so me!

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 39 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
554 posts

Nov 28, 2012
They already change the PW spawns on some maps in 3TDM, and this make a nice solution for this PW exploit, now 3TDM is more about skill and when you random run near a PW, you guys should try it.

I like cats :3

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 39 (91 Views)
0 Likes