Wastelander
793 posts

Re: Should Power Weapons Be Available At The Start?

Nov 27, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Maybe have dynamic events that reveal the power weapons or "unleash" them?

A building that gets destroyed has a RPG inside it, stuff like that.

Like when the Tanks breaks the wall and the RPG is inside it? It's a good idea. Not only that, but power weapons spawning sometime after the match start would be a very cool thing. Everyone runs for the PW  :smileysad:

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 39 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4325 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Where's the shotgun? I never took the time to even pull up a video of the locations.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 39 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Chateau: RPG near villain spawn, left of supposed plunder chest
Hammer near hero spawn on the statue
T-Bolt on the Hallway Small Room
Mag5 on the radiator, second floor
Pistole on table, ground floor
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 39 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Nov 27, 2012

lnsidious1 wrote:

I officially can't stand TDM or Classic anymore. Power Weapons shouldn't even be in Classic if it's based on skill. I was playing a TDM on Chateau and at the beggining, there was a guy with an RPG. I don't even know where the RPG is in this map. TDM is basically a race to the power weapons. I think we should have Matchmaking settings. This way, we coould have things like longer TDMs, and no power weapons, because they last around 5-8 minutes most of the time, which is very short.  I don't want 30 min TDMs, but they give us over 10 min for a reason. 

i don't really think so, i only play TDM , and always have the no power weapons booster equipped! I have had a 1.60 KD ratio for a long time, so i play with NO power weapons (because i use cash em in) and i contain a 1.6 ratio, i guess i just get used to looking if the power weapon is in its spawn point, if the player is near a power weapon spawn point, and i look at what gun they are using. If its a power weapon you just gotta get out of there! 

I'm always here on the forums... but i rarely post :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 39 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Dude, that's just you. Most people will go for a way to get kills fast, and power weapons happen to help.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 39 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

lnsidious1 wrote:

I officially can't stand TDM or Classic anymore. Power Weapons shouldn't even be in Classic if it's based on skill. I was playing a TDM on Chateau and at the beggining, there was a guy with an RPG. I don't even know where the RPG is in this map. TDM is basically a race to the power weapons. I think we should have Matchmaking settings. This way, we coould have things like longer TDMs, and no power weapons, because they last around 5-8 minutes most of the time, which is very short.  I don't want 30 min TDMs, but they give us over 10 min for a reason. 

Classic mode is based upon UC2 gameplay where, unfortunately, power weapons were one of the key components to win. According to most UC2 vets, pre-1.05 UC2 was a perfect game and had power weapons in every gametype.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 39 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
656 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I played U2 for about a week. I did NOT have to worry about rockets and hammers there
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 39 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Nov 27, 2012

They should place the powerweapons in a more centralized area so teams have to work to get them, handing them out to a team is a terrible idea IMO especially because some teams get better powerweapons. Just look at London Underground how is a Mag-5, T-Bolt, and RPG equivalent to a SAS

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 39 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

To me, randomizing the timer is too unstable for a fix. The time difference between the possible timers can't be too vastly different or otherwise the weapon spawns too quickly or too slowly. Delaying the timer works, but doesn't remedy the problem fully. A ideal way to solve this issue is probably randomize power weapon spawns locations, which mean that a power weapon may spawn in one place but spawn in another place later in the game. It keeps the game moving and allows equal opprotunity. However, this isn't something ND can just add to UC3 and more something they could implement in UC4.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 39 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

lnsidious1 wrote:
I played U2 for about a week. I did NOT have to worry about rockets and hammers there

Really, my memories of UC2 were filled with deaths from rockets, hammers, shotguns, pistoles, and snipers, all because the enemy team quickly possessed the power weapons. Yeah, I got killed by the occasional Ak or pistol, but once the enemy team got those power weapons; they managed to get an early lead and without any kickbacks or power plays, it became difficult to regain the lead quickly unless we got the power weapons.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 39 (88 Views)