Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2013
By: canadian94eh Survivor 2276 posts

Sick of Splitscreeners!!

[ Edited ]
44 replies 585 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

W T F is wrong with all the splitscreeners out there? they are all terrible, i have yet to see a splitscreener come anywhere close to being positive in a match (both the original player and their buddy). they are the sole reason why their team loses every single **bleep** match, even if you get a rampant you're still losing the match, that's why i've already lost 6 **bleep** tournament tickets this week! why don't they play the story or co-op first? or only play 3TDM until they actually know how to shoot a **bleep** gun!!! 

when is the point when they know that they need to stop and practice somewhere before constantly letting their team down?! Obviously going 0-12 and 0-14 every game isn't a big enough hint :robotmad::robotmad:

i propose a new form of team balancing, why not balance teams by the player's Kill / Death Ratio, that way i don't have to see that everyone else's stats on my team are extremely negative ( < 0.50) and every single person on the other team is positive, how does that happen?!?! if team balancing was by KDs, instead of by rank (which doesn't even matter anyways) more people would like the tournament system, fix this, and the tournament system will have one of it's major issues resolved

Message 1 of 45 (585 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 6, 2013

I never understood why splitscreeners in particular have an IQ of 4.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 45 (580 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3719 posts

Mar 6, 2013
They are the harbingers of death in Co-op.

When these gentlemen appear in matchmaking, you are better of quitting the game.

When, not IF they leave, the game ends and you are left with nothing for your efforts.

Split screeners should be banned from Co-op

Also, the low level ones in CMP are just as bad. They take up 2 spaces, whereby the 2nd space could've been used up by a pro.

Splitscreeners have a habit of sticking together making t easier for the other team to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Message 3 of 45 (570 Views)
Gaming Beast
1830 posts

Mar 6, 2013

It's probably because most splitscreeners are 8-12 year old kids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 4 of 45 (569 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1719 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I play co-op crushing in splitscreen, yo.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 5 of 45 (543 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

It's probably because most splitscreeners are 8-12 year old kids.

^ This. Little kids cannot afford to buy a 2nd console.

Either party up or deal with it. Splitscreeners aren't going anywhere any time soon.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 45 (532 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Not to mention their presence unbalances the unbalanced matchmaking even more than usual.

photo Sniper.png
Message 7 of 45 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Mar 6, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

W T F is wrong with all the splitscreeners out there? they are all terrible, i have yet to see a splitscreener come anywhere close to being positive in a match (both the original player and their buddy). they are the sole reason why their team loses every single **bleep** match, even if you get a rampant you're still losing the match, that's why i've already lost 6 **bleep** tournament tickets this week! why don't they play the story or co-op first? or only play 3TDM until they actually know how to shoot a **bleep** gun!!! 

Uh... stop stereotyping splitscreeners. I haven't played Uncharted with my brother in ages, but we used to dominate together. We'd both go positive almost every match (me around 2.0+ KDR, him around 1.5ish) and were not "the sole reason why their team loses every [explicitive] match." 

We played the story together before trying out the multiplayer and played some co-op too, and won plenty of 3TDM games. 

Bottom line: Not all splitscreeners are terrible. Yes, I know many of them are, but it's unfair to group splitscreeners into an "awful" group when sometimes they are actually the reason why their team wins every match. Just saying... 

Message 8 of 45 (500 Views)
Sackboy
371 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

I play co-op crushing in splitscreen, yo.

Hey, that's what I do too. It's the only reason I even bother with split-screen.

But to be honest, I wouldn't miss it. I would be ok if games didn't have multiplayer split-screen. Hell, multiplayer split-screen shouldn't even exist in any game.

You have a serious audio disadvantage, lower graphics, input lag, lower framerate... really not worth it.

On-topic:

Anyways, I don't know why you even activate tickets when there are splitscreeners in the lobby, it's asking for trouble.

And certainly with balancing as it is ( I assume you are legacy 5) so it will ALWAYS be at your disadvantage.

I got platinum tier this week in just 6 tickets. I was #1 with 33.335 points last time I checked. And that's because balancing always is in my favor.
(Naughty Dog thinks skill=legacy level)

I am pretty sure a rough way to describe balancing is this:

Legacy 5=5 points

Legacy 4=4 points

Legacy 3=3 points

Legacy 2=2 points

Legacy 1=1 point. And they always try to balance the teams by letting them have the same amount of points.

So it will always throw the lowest levels with the highest level. And that's exactly why you shouldn't wish for low level lobbies.

It's a legacy 5 player's nightmare. You are better off activating a tournament ticket with a lobby full of average players.

Or play classic, compensating for newbies isn't a problem there.

I remember when I was young, split-screen was the thing I was looking for in games, so that I could play with friends.

And good players will close to never put themselves at such a disadvantage. Hoping for good split-screeners is a waste of time.

But atleast you have to thank Naughty Dog for being so greedy to sell split-screen and not include it with the F2P version of Uncharted 3. Cause that would be a nightmare for everyone.

Message 9 of 45 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
371 posts

Mar 6, 2013

RevisIsland78 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Uh... stop stereotyping splitscreeners. I haven't played Uncharted with my brother in ages, but we used to dominate together. We'd both go positive almost every match (me around 2.0+ KDR, him around 1.5ish) and were not "the sole reason why their team loses every [explicitive] match." 

We played the story together before trying out the multiplayer and played some co-op too, and won plenty of 3TDM games. 

Bottom line: Not all splitscreeners are terrible. Yes, I know many of them are, but it's unfair to group splitscreeners into an "awful" group when sometimes they are actually the reason why their team wins every match. Just saying... 

Those kdr's are not dominating. Well, I will cut you some slack and say it is compared to those newbs with a kdr of 0.1-0.2

And he is not stereotyping splitscreeners. There probably are some good splitscreeners around, but he is talking about the newbs who usually have scores of 2-23 against competent players and then decide to play splitscreen which makes the situation they put their team in 2x as bad.

I wasn't offended by his post saying splitscreeners suck, cause I have the intelligence to know that he doesn't refer to me when I play splitscreen crushing arena.

Message 10 of 45 (480 Views)