Reply
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2009
Offline
2348 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 6, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

It's probably because most splitscreeners are 8-12 year old kids.


^ This. Little kids cannot afford to buy a 2nd console.

Either party up or deal with it. Splitscreeners aren't going anywhere any time soon.


it's hard to party up and get points towards your tournament total at the same time without having to buy more tickets (to be clear i hate the tournament system, but i do want the rewards it brings (the permanent rewards that is))

 

 

 

and yes i might have been generalizing too much, but i meant all the splitscreeners that i've come across so far, that somehow always magically appear on my teamSmiley Frustrated,  (and i haven't meet any splitscreeners in co-op, since i normally play in a party in co-op, but i bet they are far better than the competitive splitscreeners i've encountered) i have no doubt that there have been / are some good splitscreeners out there, but the majority of splitscreeners will give their team an automatic loss

Message 11 of 45 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

W T F is wrong with all the splitscreeners out there? they are all terrible, i have yet to see a splitscreener come anywhere close to being positive in a match (both the original player and their buddy). they are the sole reason why their team loses every single **bleep** match, even if you get a rampant you're still losing the match, that's why i've already lost 6 **bleep** tournament tickets this week! why don't they play the story or co-op first? or only play 3TDM until they actually know how to shoot a **bleep** gun!!! 

 

when is the point when they know that they need to stop and practice somewhere before constantly letting their team down?! Obviously going 0-12 and 0-14 every game isn't a big enough hint Robot MadRobot Mad

 

 

 

i propose a new form of team balancing, why not balance teams by the player's Kill / Death Ratio, that way i don't have to see that everyone else's stats on my team are extremely negative ( < 0.50) and every single person on the other team is positive, how does that happen?!?! if team balancing was by KDs, instead of by rank (which doesn't even matter anyways) more people would like the tournament system, fix this, and the tournament system will have one of it's major issues resolved


Everyone is entitled to play a VIDEO GAME (note that emphasis) regardless of skill level. If someone sucks I make fun of them by thinking in my head how much they suck, or talk to a friend in the room (Who is sometimes my local player) but I don't say anything to them, out of respect for another different human being. Unless they start stuff Smiley Tongue. They have a right to be in TDM just as much as you do.

 

I agree about the K/D way of balancing, I've wanted that for years. Since U2, actually.

Message 12 of 45 (345 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

I don't know. Shouldn't people have a right to splitscreen? I mean, yeah, they suck, but most likely they're both new, if they're splitscreening and the other guy isn't even using his own account/ the original player isn't even past level 20.

 

I've played co-op with my 9-year old brother in splitscreen and honestly he does better than the morons I run into in public co-op.

 

And those morons are sometimes even high levels. :l

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 45 (319 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
2414 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

RevisIsland78 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

W T F is wrong with all the splitscreeners out there? they are all terrible, i have yet to see a splitscreener come anywhere close to being positive in a match (both the original player and their buddy). they are the sole reason why their team loses every single **bleep** match, even if you get a rampant you're still losing the match, that's why i've already lost 6 **bleep** tournament tickets this week! why don't they play the story or co-op first? or only play 3TDM until they actually know how to shoot a **bleep** gun!!! 


Uh... stop stereotyping splitscreeners. I haven't played Uncharted with my brother in ages, but we used to dominate together. We'd both go positive almost every match (me around 2.0+ KDR, him around 1.5ish) and were not "the sole reason why their team loses every [explicitive] match." 

 

We played the story together before trying out the multiplayer and played some co-op too, and won plenty of 3TDM games. 

 

Bottom line: Not all splitscreeners are terrible. Yes, I know many of them are, but it's unfair to group splitscreeners into an "awful" group when sometimes they are actually the reason why their team wins every match. Just saying... 


I soon as I saw this topic I was like "oh Revis is going to be maaad" then I saw your post lol! Yeah I remember when I was in your splitscreen party and we used to dominate as well (I think we beat a po5 once on molten ruins obj).

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 14 of 45 (299 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I don't know. Shouldn't people have a right to splitscreen? I mean, yeah, they suck, but most likely they're both new, if they're splitscreening and the other guy isn't even using his own account/ the original player isn't even past level 20.

 

I've played co-op with my 9-year old brother in splitscreen and honestly he does better than the morons I run into in public co-op.

 

And those morons are sometimes even high levels. :l


I played UC3 on spiltscreen with one of my young cousins who has UC3, he owned uncharted 3 at first but hasn't played in a long time. He was a 1st legacy 75 before he stopped playing.

 

At first he was negative but then the next 10 matches he played really well almost getting a fury. WHAT.THE.HELL.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 15 of 45 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I don't know. Shouldn't people have a right to splitscreen? I mean, yeah, they suck, but most likely they're both new, if they're splitscreening and the other guy isn't even using his own account/ the original player isn't even past level 20.

 

I've played co-op with my 9-year old brother in splitscreen and honestly he does better than the morons I run into in public co-op.

 

And those morons are sometimes even high levels. :l


I played UC3 on spiltscreen with one of my young cousins who has UC3, he owned uncharted 3 at first but hasn't played in a long time. He was a 1st legacy 75 before he stopped playing.

 

At first he was negative but then the next 10 matches he played really well almost getting a fury. WHAT.THE.HELL.


That's because people get better over time. Maybe he's like my little brother and can figure out the mechanics fast.

 

All I know, if my little brother steals my goddamn Raffica again, I will kick him out of my room.

 

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 16 of 45 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I don't know. Shouldn't people have a right to splitscreen? I mean, yeah, they suck, but most likely they're both new, if they're splitscreening and the other guy isn't even using his own account/ the original player isn't even past level 20.

 

I've played co-op with my 9-year old brother in splitscreen and honestly he does better than the morons I run into in public co-op.

 

And those morons are sometimes even high levels. :l


I played UC3 on spiltscreen with one of my young cousins who has UC3, he owned uncharted 3 at first but hasn't played in a long time. He was a 1st legacy 75 before he stopped playing.

 

At first he was negative but then the next 10 matches he played really well almost getting a fury. WHAT.THE.HELL.


That's because people get better over time. Maybe he's like my little brother and can figure out the mechanics fast.

 

All I know, if my little brother steals my goddamn Raffica again, I will kick him out of my room.

 


That would make sense but he had no idea how to play Uncharted when he picked up the controller,10 matches later, almost a fury. Oh and I agree, If my brother stole my T-Bolt I would beat him with a Wii remote.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 17 of 45 (295 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2633 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

^You kept around your Wii remotes? Smiley Surprised

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 18 of 45 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

^You kept around your Wii remotes? Smiley Surprised


They're lying somewhere in the house lol. Smiley LOL

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 19 of 45 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013
I kept mine. SSBB purposes. Smiley Very Happy
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 20 of 45 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes