Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5990 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

It's kinda hilarious. Have you ever opened up a cinema file and watched an entire match from that noob's perspective? It's laughably horrible. It's like they have developed 0 motor skills or hand-eye coordination, never played a game before, and never even touched a controller. It's like they can't do 2 things at once. They have to stop completely to shoot, take 20 seconds to arc a grenade, try punching someone 10 seconds after they already whack n'rolled away and illed them, etc.

 

I wonder how someone can be like this at a video game.



sanddude20 wrote:

It's kinda hilarious. Have you ever opened up a cinema file and watched an entire match from that noob's perspective? It's laughably horrible. It's like they have developed 0 motor skills or hand-eye coordination, never played a game before, and never even touched a controller. It's like they can't do 2 things at once. They have to stop completely to shoot, take 20 seconds to arc a grenade, try punching someone 10 seconds after they already whack n'rolled away and illed them, etc.

 

I wonder how someone can be like this at a video game.


I played one match the other day where our party of 4 was matched up against a really good pary of 5. we got a level 4 who was doing the slow climb up a ladder, carefully making all his jumps, was too busy looking at the ground and the sky when the sand storm on desert villiage came over, standing around a 3 Medal Pickup for half the match. Oh and he had 2 kills, one he got on a AKF player, the other he was shooting a few bullets into everyone and they enemy somehow TK'ed each other.


Sounds like half my team every other time I play a match.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 31 of 45 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

It's kinda hilarious. Have you ever opened up a cinema file and watched an entire match from that noob's perspective? It's laughably horrible. It's like they have developed 0 motor skills or hand-eye coordination, never played a game before, and never even touched a controller. It's like they can't do 2 things at once. They have to stop completely to shoot, take 20 seconds to arc a grenade, try punching someone 10 seconds after they already whack n'rolled away and illed them, etc.

 

I wonder how someone can be like this at a video game.



sanddude20 wrote:

It's kinda hilarious. Have you ever opened up a cinema file and watched an entire match from that noob's perspective? It's laughably horrible. It's like they have developed 0 motor skills or hand-eye coordination, never played a game before, and never even touched a controller. It's like they can't do 2 things at once. They have to stop completely to shoot, take 20 seconds to arc a grenade, try punching someone 10 seconds after they already whack n'rolled away and illed them, etc.

 

I wonder how someone can be like this at a video game.


I played one match the other day where our party of 4 was matched up against a really good pary of 5. we got a level 4 who was doing the slow climb up a ladder, carefully making all his jumps, was too busy looking at the ground and the sky when the sand storm on desert villiage came over, standing around a 3 Medal Pickup for half the match. Oh and he had 2 kills, one he got on a AKF player, the other he was shooting a few bullets into everyone and they enemy somehow TK'ed each other.


Sounds like half my team every other time I play a match.


This is why I only play Uncharted with friends or I play FFA. :smileyindifferent:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 32 of 45 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/21/2010
Offline
1104 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I don't understand how anyone can be that bad at this game. Sure, some aspects of this multiplayer are not as noob-friendly as COD, but some of these guys play a shooter and do not even try to shoot. It's one thing not to be able to defeat a veteran but it's another to just stand there, looking at a wall and such things. Why play at all then? Would they also not accelerate if they played Gran Turismo?

 

It's not just splitscreeners. I've seen legacy players with a kdr of 1:4 and an even worse wlr. They go 0-20 in a Team Objective match and do not score a single point. How's that even possible? All it takes to do better than this is the lowest level of intelligence that's necessary for your body to even breathe... :smileytongue: (exception: disabled/handicapped people)


I've said it before: it's not a matter of intelligence/IQ, it's a matter of hand-eye coordination and having experience in video games in general.

Believe it or not, some people have ZERO experience...


Sure, everyone starts at some point. But if they have no experience at all they should start with a single player to get used to it and not with a "competitive" multiplayer. I know, kids want to play multiplayer but that doesn't make it any better... :smileytongue:

Message 33 of 45 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I don't understand how anyone can be that bad at this game. Sure, some aspects of this multiplayer are not as noob-friendly as COD, but some of these guys play a shooter and do not even try to shoot. It's one thing not to be able to defeat a veteran but it's another to just stand there, looking at a wall and such things. Why play at all then? Would they also not accelerate if they played Gran Turismo?

 

It's not just splitscreeners. I've seen legacy players with a kdr of 1:4 and an even worse wlr. They go 0-20 in a Team Objective match and do not score a single point. How's that even possible? All it takes to do better than this is the lowest level of intelligence that's necessary for your body to even breathe... :smileytongue: (exception: disabled/handicapped people)


I've said it before: it's not a matter of intelligence/IQ, it's a matter of hand-eye coordination and having experience in video games in general.

Believe it or not, some people have ZERO experience...


Sure, everyone starts at some point. But if they have no experience at all they should start with a single player to get used to it and not with a "competitive" multiplayer. I know, kids want to play multiplayer but that doesn't make it any better... :smileytongue:


Agreed. First SP, then Co-op and after that Competitive MP. The problem is that F2P offers Competitive MP only, lol.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 34 of 45 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

i propose a new form of team balancing, why not balance teams by the player's Kill / Death Ratio, that way i don't have to see that everyone else's stats on my team are extremely negative ( < 0.50) and every single person on the other team is positive, how does that happen?!?! if team balancing was by KDs, instead of by rank (which doesn't even matter anyways) more people would like the tournament system, fix this, and the tournament system will have one of it's major issues resolved


Team balancing for objective modes should take TO points and Captured! medals into effect as well. Also, for kill based modes, assists should also have some weight (to a lesser extent, probably, but still worth noting imo).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 35 of 45 (151 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5990 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 7, 2013

Toxic156 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

i propose a new form of team balancing, why not balance teams by the player's Kill / Death Ratio, that way i don't have to see that everyone else's stats on my team are extremely negative ( < 0.50) and every single person on the other team is positive, how does that happen?!?! if team balancing was by KDs, instead of by rank (which doesn't even matter anyways) more people would like the tournament system, fix this, and the tournament system will have one of it's major issues resolved


Team balancing for objective modes should take TO points and Captured! medals into effect as well. Also, for kill based modes, assists should also have some weight (to a lesser extent, probably, but still worth noting imo).


problem is Captured medals are cumulative in both plunder, hunter arena, and gold rush in co-op arena. As in your total amount of captured medals includes ones from all 3 modes.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 36 of 45 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
4145 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 8, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

i propose a new form of team balancing, why not balance teams by the player's Kill / Death Ratio, that way i don't have to see that everyone else's stats on my team are extremely negative ( < 0.50) and every single person on the other team is positive, how does that happen?!?! if team balancing was by KDs, instead of by rank (which doesn't even matter anyways) more people would like the tournament system, fix this, and the tournament system will have one of it's major issues resolved


Team balancing for objective modes should take TO points and Captured! medals into effect as well. Also, for kill based modes, assists should also have some weight (to a lesser extent, probably, but still worth noting imo).


problem is Captured medals are cumulative in both plunder, hunter arena, and gold rush in co-op arena. As in your total amount of captured medals includes ones from all 3 modes.


Yes, but I stil feel it'd be better than balancing by straight-up idol caps because there are people who wait by the chest solely to increase the number on their stat card (might be uncommon, but stat farmers of all types exist) and all 3 of those modes focus on similar techniques to each other: throwing the idol to move it faster, going the long way around a group of enemies to make the capture, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 37 of 45 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/02/2011
Online
2132 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 8, 2013
I don't completely blame the players, have any of you tried splitscreen? It's ugly, it's hard to aim as you can't really see what your shooting at (unless you sit right in front of your screen), and there's tons of bugs. And I'm not sure if it's just me, but the second player has part of the bottom screen cut off which makes me aim much lower than I normally do.

I do agree that some splitscreeners are bad, but personally I wouldn't touch this feature outside of custom games.
Pepsi
Message 38 of 45 (132 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10105 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 8, 2013
Snaller screen wasn't cool.

And I don't rven care what emblem I'm using, so honestly I don't need to see it all the time.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 39 of 45 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Sick of Splitscreeners!!

Mar 8, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
1) Snaller screen wasn't cool.

2) And I don't rven care what emblem I'm using, so honestly I don't need to see it all the time.

1) Smaller screen is required for technical (mainly) and balance reasons.

2) They could always implement an option to remove the emblem and just see black space instead. Me and other people have asked for this since ... November 2011. :smileyindifferent:

Also, I wonder how many people realize how advantageous it can be when 2 splitscreeners are split in 2 different teams. This happens when the matchmaking pairs together 2 parties of 4 and 1 party of 2 splitscreeners.

They have separate leg hitboxes (yay!) and on top of that, they have free map-wide Situational Awareness, since they share the same monitor/TV! :smileysurprised:

Just be glad that most splitscreeners are noobs, because these advantages are quite huge for tryhards!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 40 of 45 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes