Jan 14 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

Simultaneous Tournaments

[ Edited ]
12 replies 309 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

I have a Co-op Tournament ready to roll out, however I am on the waiting list.

I will be announcing my Tournament after Sleaze or JD's Tournament.

As of now, Aurelia's one is starting (delayed due to unfortunate events)

She mentioned it MAY run for up to 6 weeks, but this has not yet been confirmed, I am not sure how long JD's and Sleazes will run.

I definately want to get my Tournament over and done with before TLOU is released, and as of now, that may not be possible.

I was wondering what Co-opers thought of having 2 Tourneys running simutaneously? e.g...

Sleaze starting his Tournament whilst Aurelis one is ending? and then me starting mine whilst JDs one is ending?

There will be a brief moment when 2 Tournmanets will be running together, it will feel like a small fade in between or even a premature Olympic torch hand over lol

So, what are your (Co-op fans) thoughts on this?

Message 1 of 13 (309 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: Simultaneous Tournaments

Jan 14, 2013
Sounds fine to me Smiley Wink

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 13 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Just need a confirmation from Aurelia, JD and Sleaze and also majority of the participants Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 13 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Only my opinion matters >Smiley Happy

Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 4 of 13 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Hush shadow. Anyway Ali I wouldn't mind being in your tournament because the last one you hosted had some really fun looking challenges that I'd love to participate in. Shadow I bet I can beat you in a dancing tournament.
Message 5 of 13 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Smiley Surprised
No way!

Ill host a Dancing tournament, and I'll win! Smiley Very Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 13 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I'd own all of you at some just dance 4. Call me maybe was made for me.

Aside from the derailment post, what is this tournament? How does it play out?

I apologize if it's annoying to explain but I just recently got back into Uncharted 3 heavily.
Message 7 of 13 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Co-op crazy jumps tounrment, I'll win that.

I've landed so much jumps miraculously, I don't think I ever died of falling anymore.

EDIT: Anyway, would your tournament be individual or group? I like group tourneys. You got your buds with you, all that.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 13 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

I'm okay with it, especially since Aureilia's got pushed back one week.  I do not think Aureilia's will run six weeks.  It will start on Monday, the 21st of January and will run 3 weeks as we are doing two maps per week. 

I KNOW that my tourney, once underway, will take 4 weeks maximum.  I was hoping to run mine from the last week in February thru the last week in March, or the first week in March thru the first week in April. 

Despite knowing that it will take 4 weeks to do the actual rounds that are associated with mine, there will be about 2 weeks of preliminary stuff that needs to happen to set players up with rules, their ranking (or seed), and to register the needed teams (16 total).  Currently I have about 8 teams that are committed.  I am seeking other commitments from my friends list and from the friends lists of my buddies on PSN.  If we cannot fill all 16 spots, we will go public and let outside teams register. 

I have most of my testing done.  I just need to write out rules, edit together a preview, seed the bracket in the tourney, and get teams scheduled for their round 1 runs.  Working on that over the next 2 weeks to see how much of it I can get done.  If alot of it gets done, then I may be able to start earlier than predicted.  Time will tell. 

Message 9 of 13 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Sleaze, have you heard from JD?
Any ideas if he'll be doing his tourney before or after yours? You said you've discussed matters with him
Message 10 of 13 (191 Views)
0 Likes