Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: Since psn started maintenance severe lag

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

The maintenance stonewalled a bunch of players.  I had several people who are on my friends list that were just SHUT OUT, cause they had not logged in recently enough to be online during the EXTENDED maintenance. 

Give it a day or so, should improve slightly.

In general, there are so few players playing this game that it is difficult to find a fairer than laggier match.  Things will continue down this path until NDI releases F2P (freee to play) info.  They really do need to step on the gas here.  Not much time left until TLOU comes out.  This game currently suffering. 

Let's do this NDI! 

Also, @ OP.  Is your connection wireless or wired?  If it's wireless, find a way to switch over and wire that beast directly into your PS3.  Ditch the wireless connection AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 11 of 17 (214 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 20, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Also, @ OP.  Is your connection wireless or wired?  If it's wireless, find a way to switch over and wire that beast directly into your PS3.  Ditch the wireless connection AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. 

^ Speaks the truth.

If wired is not an option, you can always buy a pair of HomePlugs (google it).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 17 (195 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Is fine for me..in fact PSN wasnt even down for me when everybody kept saying it was down. Im in NYC n im having no problems..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 17 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Jan 20, 2013
It was REALLY REALLY laggy during the maintenance. It's gotten slightly better since. I played a match with on guy who was super laggy in one match (getting choke-out melees while approaching from the front) then I go join friends and he shows up again with a couple of other laggers I've played before. I think "oh boy, here we go" but to my surprise they weren't laggy to me. Most of my friends quit complaining of lag. But I just didn't see it that time. The connection to others in this game is such a mystery.

But I have seen a lot of white plugger players though. You know the guy who has the white plug come up briefly when your close to him. Then you're dead in one melee or 1-2 M9 bullets. Yeah, I see white plugs. I'm starting to suspect lag switching, mainly because of the perfect timing and consistent result.

@MLCharted you didn't have an issue playing online because you logged in a day or two before the maintenance. But if you tried the Store or try to upload vids using the PS Uploader, you would have seen issues.
Message 14 of 17 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@xxBLiTZKREIGxx You mean laggers like Coree? :smileylol:

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 15 of 17 (152 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Jan 20, 2013
@Sitrongr exactly like him :smileywink:

Message 16 of 17 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
253 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I have both connections. Usually use hardwire. I tried them both last night. I hope you guys are right and it's nothing more serious.(like my ps3 screwin up after 6 months) May be tomorrow before I can get back to it now. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

Message 17 of 17 (116 Views)
0 Likes