Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4078 posts

the only thing that uncharted taking fro cod is the cinem...

Apr 19, 2011
the only thing that uncharted taking fro cod is the cinema and somewhat the gun customs
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Why does everybody goes on a panic attack the moment CoD...

Apr 19, 2011

Why does everybody goes on a panic attack the moment CoD is metioned around these forums? Its like taboo or something. :smileyvery-happy:

And when did I ever compared the 2 of them? This thread is about gameplay development for UC3 and turned to an all out hate for Call of Duty.

How is adding destructible environemnts, New and Improved meele, Vehicles, Aerial Takedowns a "the 3 words that shall not be said" influence?

Im trying to give imagination a chance with UC3. Which is why I made this thread. And that instead of following a leveling sytem that "the 3 words that shall not be said" started in 2007. And give more importance to gameplay mechanics.

It feels as if ND paste and imported UC2's gameplay and that was it.

I hope this is not the end of it. I hope they can change things up by a lot to give UC3 A LASTING APPEAL rather than catering to a crowd that limits UC's potential :smileysad:

I love absolutely everything the've shown so far, but with a world like Uncharted....potential is its absolute best friend.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
164 posts

so this gut has judged the whole game bywatching a 2 min...

Apr 19, 2011
so this gut has judged the whole game bywatching a 2 min worth trailer!!
dude,stop moaning.we have'nt seen anything yet!!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

No Halo 3 did the cinema first and if your talking about...

Apr 19, 2011

iceyfire54312 wrote:
the only thing that uncharted taking fro cod is the cinema and somewhat the gun customs

No Halo 3 did the cinema first and if your talking about youtube then Just Cause 2 was first with that.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Everyone goes on a panic attack because UC2 was the one s...

Apr 19, 2011

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

Why does everybody goes on a panic attack the moment CoD is metioned around these forums? Its like taboo or something. :smileyvery-happy:

And when did I ever compared the 2 of them? This thread is about gameplay development for UC3 and turned to an all out hate for Call of Duty.

How is adding destructible environemnts, New and Improved meele, Vehicles, Aerial Takedowns a "the 3 words that shall not be said" influence?

Im trying to give imagination a chance with UC3. Which is why I made this thread. And that instead of following a leveling sytem that "the 3 words that shall not be said" started in 2007. And give more importance to gameplay mechanics.

It feels as if ND paste and imported UC2's gameplay and that was it.

I hope this is not the end of it. I hope they can change things up by a lot to give UC3 A LASTING APPEAL rather than catering to a crowd that limits UC's potential :smileysad:

I love absolutely everything the've shown so far, but with a world like Uncharted....potential is its absolute best friend.

Everyone goes on a panic attack because UC2 was the one single game standing out in a crowd of dozens of shooters every single year that do the exact same thing (copy CoD). If you like CoD then fine, go play it or one of its 2,000 clones, but some people out there want something different. Something that takes skill, and something that is not another carbon copy of CoD in an attempt to get more players, and attempt that ultimately ends up failing anyhow.

Lets say you like orange soda, and coke is the most popular, sells the most and tastes good too. Why should orange soda and every other soda in the world change to try and be just like coke. Then all the fans of the other flavors are left in the dust simply because coke is so popular amongst the masses.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

So how do you want the leveling up system? They said we w...

Apr 19, 2011

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

The Multiplayer for UC3 is exactly what UC2 offered but with New maps, new weapons and new colors.

(Im not complaining, I l-o-v-e this :smileyhappy:)

But it also has lefted me wondering endlessly. What about the gameplay?

Are we just going to play the same generic leveling system 99% of games have nowadays?

Level 1 (This amount of weapons unlocked)

Level 2 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 3 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 4 (New weapon but with different color!!)

I am with the group that LOVES the addition of Sprint, and loves the Call of Duty influence. Because CoD completely revolutionised the gaming industry. A lot of developers take from it and thats because the features work.

But we were also given the power of imagination to think outside the box.

-Where are the gameplay improvements?-

I saw that we could now man a Turret, and Sprint is there.

But are we just supposed to Aim and shoot, Aim and Shoot, Aim and shoot, AIM and SHOOT all the way 'till level 80?

This is a new game. A new begining. Why not change things up a bit?

Like adding NEW and IMPROVED Meele, Different meele animation for each charater, Aerial takedowns for Multiplayer, Vehicles/Horse/Camels, Shooting/Blindfire while Sprinting, Destructible environments,  you know stuff that involves new gameplay mechanics and at the same time changes things dynamically and completely. Thus making things much more interesting and engaging.

A LASTING APPEAL.

Some heavy gameplay feature(s) that keeps people coming back for more rather than depend on the the generic leveling system and unlockables every MP game has these days.

It doesnt feel like a big jump regarding gameplay in UC3. It feels like they just recycled the gameplay from UC2 and just added new modes, new maps and new weapons. And thats it.

A while that is not a bad thing,just like ACTIONS speak louder than words,  GAMEPLAY speaks louder than any element in a video game. Especially if executed flawlessly.

Would you rather have a game that looks pretty over a game with awesome/unforgetable gameplay mechanics?

It feels like the Uncharted franchise is that game waiting to blossom and turn into this amazing phenomena if the right tools are given to it.

But instead ND chose a safer method to spread to an audience, while limiting their extraordinary imagination and leaving powerful factors such as gameplay behind to suffer for it.

While gameplay itself....is a game changer.

So how do you want the leveling up system? They said we will get treasures and complete missions, and that's totally new in Uncharted

Wait a minute they didn't reveal ALL about the gameplay, did they?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - juanpepe987
When will CGS become my most used boost?
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Never listen to your gut, usually when you listen to your...

Apr 19, 2011

barryhains wrote:
so this gut has judged the whole game bywatching a 2 min worth trailer!!
dude,stop moaning.we have'nt seen anything yet!!

Never listen to your gut, usually when you listen to your gut you will end up on the toilet.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

I'm all for the changes revealed (as I stated in my defen...

Apr 19, 2011

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

The Multiplayer for UC3 is exactly what UC2 offered but with New maps, new weapons and new colors.

(Im not complaining, I l-o-v-e this :smileyhappy:)

But it also has lefted me wondering endlessly. What about the gameplay?

Are we just going to play the same generic leveling system 99% of games have nowadays?

Level 1 (This amount of weapons unlocked)

Level 2 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 3 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 4 (New weapon but with different color!!)

I am with the group that LOVES the addition of Sprint, and loves the Call of Duty influence. Because CoD completely revolutionised the gaming industry. A lot of developers take from it and thats because the features work.

But we were also given the power of imagination to think outside the box.

-Where are the gameplay improvements?-

I saw that we could now man a Turret, and Sprint is there.

But are we just supposed to Aim and shoot, Aim and Shoot, Aim and shoot, AIM and SHOOT all the way 'till level 80?

This is a new game. A new begining. Why not change things up a bit?

Like adding NEW and IMPROVED Meele, Different meele animation for each charater, Aerial takedowns for Multiplayer, Vehicles/Horse/Camels, Shooting/Blindfire while Sprinting, Destructible environments,  you know stuff that involves new gameplay mechanics and at the same time changes things dynamically and completely. Thus making things much more interesting and engaging.

A LASTING APPEAL.

Some heavy gameplay feature(s) that keeps people coming back for more rather than depend on the the generic leveling system and unlockables every MP game has these days.

It doesnt feel like a big jump regarding gameplay in UC3. It feels like they just recycled the gameplay from UC2 and just added new modes, new maps and new weapons. And thats it.

A while that is not a bad thing,just like ACTIONS speak louder than words,  GAMEPLAY speaks louder than any element in a video game. Especially if executed flawlessly.

Would you rather have a game that looks pretty over a game with awesome/unforgetable gameplay mechanics?

It feels like the Uncharted franchise is that game waiting to blossom and turn into this amazing phenomena if the right tools are given to it.

But instead ND chose a safer method to spread to an audience, while limiting their extraordinary imagination and leaving powerful factors such as gameplay behind to suffer for it.

While gameplay itself....is a game changer.

I'm all for the changes revealed (as I stated in my defense for change thread), but this is not what I want. DO NOT mess with the gameplay. This is where you will begin to tick me and the rest of the core fan base off in a big time hurry. Vehicle combat doesn't belong in Uncharted online. Shooting while sprinting will ruin the game. Period. On the other hand, some destruction in the environments and a somehow (I honestly don't know how ND would do it) improved melee system would be a few welcome changes IMO

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (21 Views)
0 Likes