Apr 19 2011
By: DevilsHazard111 Splicer 91 posts

So where is the "big" jump for UC3? I do not see it (Gameplay wise). Please hear me.

17 replies 24 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

The Multiplayer for UC3 is exactly what UC2 offered but with New maps, new weapons and new colors.

(Im not complaining, I l-o-v-e this :smileyhappy:)

But it also has lefted me wondering endlessly. What about the gameplay?

Are we just going to play the same generic leveling system 99% of games have nowadays?

Level 1 (This amount of weapons unlocked)

Level 2 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 3 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 4 (New weapon but with different color!!)

I am with the group that LOVES the addition of Sprint, and loves the Call of Duty influence. Because CoD completely revolutionised the gaming industry. A lot of developers take from it and thats because the features work.

But we were also given the power of imagination to think outside the box.

-Where are the gameplay improvements?-

I saw that we could now man a Turret, and Sprint is there.

But are we just supposed to Aim and shoot, Aim and Shoot, Aim and shoot, AIM and SHOOT all the way 'till level 80?

This is a new game. A new begining. Why not change things up a bit?

Like adding NEW and IMPROVED Meele, Different meele animation for each charater, Aerial takedowns for Multiplayer, Vehicles/Horse/Camels, Shooting/Blindfire while Sprinting, Destructible environments,  you know stuff that involves new gameplay mechanics and at the same time changes things dynamically and completely. Thus making things much more interesting and engaging.

A LASTING APPEAL.

Some heavy gameplay feature(s) that keeps people coming back for more rather than depend on the the generic leveling system and unlockables every MP game has these days.

It doesnt feel like a big jump regarding gameplay in UC3. It feels like they just recycled the gameplay from UC2 and just added new modes, new maps and new weapons. And thats it.

A while that is not a bad thing,just like ACTIONS speak louder than words,  GAMEPLAY speaks louder than any element in a video game. Especially if executed flawlessly.

Would you rather have a game that looks pretty over a game with awesome/unforgetable gameplay mechanics?

It feels like the Uncharted franchise is that game waiting to blossom and turn into this amazing phenomena if the right tools are given to it.

But instead ND chose a safer method to spread to an audience, while limiting their extraordinary imagination and leaving powerful factors such as gameplay behind to suffer for it.

While gameplay itself....is a game changer.

Message 13 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

I think I just puked a little.

Apr 19, 2011

DevilsHazard111 wrote:
Because CoD completely revolutionised the gaming industry.

----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

lmao

Apr 19, 2011

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

The Multiplayer for UC3 is exactly what UC2 offered but with New maps, new weapons and new colors.

(Im not complaining, I l-o-v-e this :smileyhappy:)

But it also has lefted me wondering endlessly. What about the gameplay?

Are we just going to play the same generic leveling system 99% of games have nowadays?

Level 1 (This amount of weapons unlocked)

Level 2 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 3 (New Weapon unlocked + new mod)

Level 4 (New weapon but with different color!!)

I am with the group that LOVES the addition of Sprint, and loves the Call of Duty influence. Because CoD completely revolutionised the gaming industry. A lot of developers take from it and thats because the features work.

But we were also given the power of imagination to think outside the box.

-Where are the gameplay improvements?-

I saw that we could now man a Turret, and Sprint is there.

But are we just supposed to Aim and shoot, Aim and Shoot, Aim and shoot, AIM and SHOOT all the way 'till level 80?

This is a new game. A new begining. Why not change things up a bit?

Like adding NEW and IMPROVED Meele, Aerial takedowns for Multiplayer, Vehicles/Horse/Camels, Shooting/Blindfire while Sprinting, Destructible environments,  you know stuff that involves new gameplay mechanics and at the same time changes things dynamically and completely. Thus making things much more interesting and engaging.

A LASTING APPEAL.

Some heavy gameplay feature(s) that keeps people coming back for more rather than depend on the the generic leveling system and unlockables every MP game has these days.

It doesnt feel like a big jump regarding gameplay in UC3. It feels like they just recycled the gameplay from UC2 and just added new modes, new maps and new weapons. And thats it.

A while that is not a bad thing,just like ACTIONS speak louder than words,  GAMEPLAY speaks louder than any element in a video game. Especially if executed flawlessly.

Would you rather have a game that looks pretty over a game with awesome/unforgetable gameplay mechanics?

lmao

Message 2 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Sigh...Really man? COD is a generic shooter made for casu...

Apr 19, 2011

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

Sigh...Really man? COD is a generic shooter made for casual players who like to jump in and jump out when playing a game. Infinity Ward can literally release dog **bleep** on a disc and people would go crazy for it.

Personally, I am not for spint. And ND already said they designed all of MP with sprint in mind. That is bad news for U2 diehards. My thinking is...if its not broke, don't fix it. I understand ND wants to increase sales but they didn't have to sell out like every other shooter on the market. Pretty much every shooter is copying COD because they think it will sell like COD, which is wrong!

Message 3 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

This is the exact reason U3 multiplayer will be trash, be...

Apr 19, 2011

naaros wrote:

DevilsHazard111 wrote:
Because CoD completely revolutionised the gaming industry.

This is the exact reason U3 multiplayer will be trash, because of people like him thinking COD is the holy grail. Just watch these forums when the beta is released. Its going to be a lot of backlash, I seen this script play out numerous times with other games.

Message 4 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

And you just pretty much summed up why so many people are...

Apr 19, 2011

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

It has the most fastest respawning sytem, looks for matches faster than most games these days, and the Perks system, deathstreaks, are features that works and developers use them because it works.

Im talking about features. Not CoD itself.

And you just pretty much summed up why so many people are against going down the COD path.

Message 5 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Let me rephrase that to evade the horde of massive missin...

Apr 19, 2011

Let me rephrase that to evade the horde of massive missinterpratation incoming.

CoD changed the gaming industry with their Online components.

CoD is in no way a bad game. Again why are we judging people's playing styles?

It has the most fastest respawning sytem, looks for matches faster than most games these days, and the Perks system, deathstreaks, are features that works and developers use them because it works.

Now back to topic:  If ND changed the gameplay mechanics instead of following a formula to gain wider audience....Uncharted's potential could be met. It has so much potential going for it....and it just feels like UC2 (gameplay wise) with new maps, new modes. :smileysad:

Message 6 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Whoa. Are you saying that you want the gameplay to change...

Apr 19, 2011

Whoa. Are you saying that you want the gameplay to change? You want "improvemens" that basically represents COD? Aren't you asking for a COD game?

I'm just a bit confused. This is not a new beginning lol.

Message 7 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

I agree.  With the exception of getting faster matches, e...

Apr 19, 2011

Mayne_Ev3nT wrote:

DevilsHazard111 wrote:

And you just pretty much summed up why so many people are against going down the COD path.

I agree.  With the exception of getting faster matches, everything you listed are things I'd rather not have in Uncharted (and is the reason why I play UC2 over the yearly COD games).

----------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

please never compare CoD to uncharted again. CoD muti pla...

Apr 19, 2011
please never compare CoD to uncharted again. CoD muti player sucks , way to much camping a it rewards the campers with skill less rewards that gives them kills
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 9 of 18 (24 Views)
0 Likes