Reply
Jun 06 2011
By: DaveedT13 Sackboy 464 posts
Offline

Some people here are too affraid of changes but... (or it's not it?)

31 replies 4 views Edited Jun 6, 2011

First thing first, props to Uncharted devs, making a game like this one is no easy task and is A LOT of work and the gameplay mechanics are awesome, the best in a TPS game.

 

I read topics here and I disapointed by the fact that some people here are maybe just a little too much affraid by changes...changes are good, a good sequel IMO is a game with new things, I don't want the same game, sequels after sequels, but only with new maps, really I don't want it and some of you don't want this either but just don't know about it so far... lol  A franchise must not "stale"...and Uncharted is not so far.


BUT...lol...I'm worried about the balancing/fairness of the multiplayer competitive game.  I can take new modes and all, I want new things and I'll love it even if the melee system online is completely different from U2, by example, or if the amount of damage is different than U2 or not, I don't care, I'll adapt to it because the overall gameplay mechanics are just super fun!

 

There seems to be a lot of things that unbalance the game and reduce the importance of sheer skill in U3 multi...wich is SAD. :smileysad:    To the point where I'm asking myself if I'll like the competitive multiplayer part of the game, wich is a shame because I player it on U2 A LOT after I completed the campaign a few times.

 

I must say that I don't undestand ND on one point, fans of U2 multi competitive agreed mostly on one thing, SA was not needed and even "really hated" by most playersm abd the playrs were pretty "vocal" about it here on ND Forums,, and now, they add it even more into the gameplay of U3...and even more things to unbalance the game and make it less "fair"... :smileysad:  For me ND is the best dev out there and they do A LOT of things right...but this, can't understand it...  :smileysad:

For the ones here worried about powerplays I think it could be good and fun, remember, it's just one minute. ...wich is keeping it more fair imo, and the winning team get double cash during this minute.  : )

 

I'm mostly worried about SA-like boosters, kickback medals balance (unless they're really hard to unlock so we can see 1 or 2 kickback per game in total) and the guns customisations but I'll reserve judgment on this until I see it first-hand.

 

All these upgrades could be fine in COOP where we play as a team against CPU opponents but in COMP...for me, IMO, it's remove the "comp" in "Competitive" if this is unbalanced...

 

I know it's looking like I'm disapointed by a game I should be hyped for, for me U2 was the best game of the decade...but I like fair/balanced gameplay...  :smileysad:  and U2 was different for kiddy-COD-like multiplayer games out there in wich kids feels strong but where players are far from being "equal" to each others...I hope this "tendencies" in online games will stop soon...so, in this generation of gaming skill is not encouraged?  

 

To makes my post less "negative", PROPS to you ND for the character customisation (SUPERB! looks AWESOME in fact from the screenshots) and the new maps and dynamic things in it!  Can't wait to see the graphics in "real" on my TV and all the new subtle animations that I'm sure I'll be impressed by when I'll see them at home!  :smileyhappy:  Aslo, I really LOVE the new moves while we climb like kicking the guy aside, shooting up and the fact we'll be able to shoot while "ziplining" and I'm sure while doing one or two other things...  :smileyhappy:

 

I'll like every minute of Uncharted 3 STORY and COOP but so far I don't know at all if I'll put more than a few hours in the COMP of this iteration.  Sad because I played A LOT of it in U2 for an adult gamer who have a work and a family/life...  :smileytongue:

 

Oh, last thing, to be back on my main point, I just want to say to you all guys, just try to know if you are simply affraid of changes, wich IMO is a bad thing, OR if you really care about something on the "balancing" side of the game.  thanks for reading my too-long post...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 01/01/2010
Offline
595 posts
 

I can't speak for everyone, but it's not that I don't lik...

Jun 6, 2011

I can't speak for everyone, but it's not that I don't like change; it's just that ND have made CHANGES to the MP before, which haven't gone down very well at all. IT'S left myself and a number of others feeling very skeptical and rightly so. Also, we can only comment AND base our opinion on what we've seen so far; and from what I have seen, people have given REASONS as to why they don't like a particular feature. It's not a case of "I don't like it because it's new or because it's different." People do tend to like change; and it can be a good thing, but ONLY if the change(s) are for the good, and not simply for the sake of change.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9116 posts
 

Seriously, it's personal opinion.   You either like it, o...

Jun 7, 2011

Seriously, it's personal opinion.

 

You either like it, or you don't. You can't just tell people "change is good" and expect your words to carry weight with them. Everyone will decide how they feel on their own; it can't just be forced.

 

I'm so tired of repeating that...

 

 

 

 

And yes, we haven't played it yet. We know. We're simply discussing how we feel, at this current point in time. Nothing more.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/20/2010
Offline
1464 posts
 

If you are tired, just stop! You don't have to reply to e...

Jun 7, 2011

 


Eugenides wrote:

Seriously, it's personal opinion.

 

You either like it, or you don't. You can't just tell people "change is good" and expect your words to carry weight with them. Everyone will decide how they feel on their own; it can't just be forced.

 

I'm so tired of repeating that...

 

 

 

 

And yes, we haven't played it yet. We know. We're simply discussing how we feel, at this current point in time. Nothing more.


If you are tired, just stop! You don't have to reply to every post that says this. Just let go!:smileywink:

 

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9116 posts
 

People also don't have to keep making these threads, but...

Jun 7, 2011

 


mildoo124 wrote:

 


Eugenides wrote:

Seriously, it's personal opinion.

 

You either like it, or you don't. You can't just tell people "change is good" and expect your words to carry weight with them. Everyone will decide how they feel on their own; it can't just be forced.

 

I'm so tired of repeating that...

 

 

 

 

And yes, we haven't played it yet. We know. We're simply discussing how we feel, at this current point in time. Nothing more.


If you are tired, just stop! You don't have to reply to every post that says this. Just let go!:smileywink:

 


People also don't have to keep making these threads, but that bridge has already been crossed, sooo...

 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/20/2010
Offline
1464 posts
 

At least it isn't the same person everytime though....

Jun 7, 2011

 


Eugenides wrote:

 


mildoo124 wrote:

 


Eugenides wrote:

Seriously, it's personal opinion.

 

You either like it, or you don't. You can't just tell people "change is good" and expect your words to carry weight with them. Everyone will decide how they feel on their own; it can't just be forced.

 

I'm so tired of repeating that...

 

 

 

 :smileyindifferent:

And yes, we haven't played it yet. We know. We're simply discussing how we feel, at this current point in time. Nothing more.


If you are tired, just stop! You don't have to reply to every post that says this. Just let go!:smileywink:

 


People also don't have to keep making these threads, but that bridge has already been crossed, sooo...

 


At least it isn't the same person everytime though....

 

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
4797 posts
 

The thing is that you don't have to reply at every thread...

Jun 7, 2011
The thing is that you don't have to reply at every thread that you see. You don't have to panic everytime a thread like this pops up. Sure it's good to have discussions but at the moment you're getting far too tense when it comes to these discussions.

Just let go. Take some rescue remedy if you need to. It's not good to think about these things too much.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9116 posts
 

Er, who said anything about panicking? Or getting tense?...

Jun 7, 2011

 


tack129 wrote:
The thing is that you don't have to reply at every thread that you see. You don't have to panic everytime a thread like this pops up. Sure it's good to have discussions but at the moment you're getting far too tense when it comes to these discussions.

Just let go. Take some rescue remedy if you need to. It's not good to think about these things too much.

 

Er, who said anything about panicking? Or getting tense?

 

As I'm one of the people the OP's of this threads are indirectly referring to, and am extremely active/outspoken on the forums about it, I make a point of standing up for my opinion as such. All I meant by saying I'm tired of repeating myself, is that it seems so unnecessary (on principle) to have to explain over and over that people do have different opinions and no one is actually in the wrong.

 

If I don't say it, someone else will. But I guess just because I'm "the same person every time", it's a problem? I don't get it.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
4797 posts
 

The thing is that you don't have to repeat yourself in ev...

Jun 7, 2011

 


Eugenides wrote:

 


tack129 wrote:
The thing is that you don't have to reply at every thread that you see. You don't have to panic everytime a thread like this pops up. Sure it's good to have discussions but at the moment you're getting far too tense when it comes to these discussions.

Just let go. Take some rescue remedy if you need to. It's not good to think about these things too much.

 

Er, who said anything about panicking? Or getting tense?

 

As I'm one of the people the OP's of this threads are indirectly referring to, and am extremely active/outspoken on the forums about it, I make a point of standing up for my opinion as such. All I meant by saying I'm tired of repeating myself, is that it seems so unnecessary (on principle) to have to explain over and over that people do have different opinions and no one is actually in the wrong.

 

If I don't say it, someone else will. But I guess just because I'm "the same person every time", it's a problem? I don't get it.


The thing is that you don't have to repeat yourself in every thread. Sure you can be active and yes it would get very tiring saying the same thing but the thing is you don't have to repeat yourself on every thread. You can say your point once and move on, you don't have to keep constantly doing it if you don't want to. You have free will.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
9116 posts
 

I'm perfectly aware that I have no obligation to do anyth...

Jun 7, 2011

 


tack129 wrote:

 


Eugenides wrote:

 


tack129 wrote:
The thing is that you don't have to reply at every thread that you see. You don't have to panic everytime a thread like this pops up. Sure it's good to have discussions but at the moment you're getting far too tense when it comes to these discussions.

Just let go. Take some rescue remedy if you need to. It's not good to think about these things too much.

 

Er, who said anything about panicking? Or getting tense?

 

As I'm one of the people the OP's of this threads are indirectly referring to, and am extremely active/outspoken on the forums about it, I make a point of standing up for my opinion as such. All I meant by saying I'm tired of repeating myself, is that it seems so unnecessary (on principle) to have to explain over and over that people do have different opinions and no one is actually in the wrong.

 

If I don't say it, someone else will. But I guess just because I'm "the same person every time", it's a problem? I don't get it.


The thing is that you don't have to repeat yourself in every thread. Sure you can be active and yes it would get very tiring saying the same thing but the thing is you don't have to repeat yourself on every thread. You can say your point once and move on, you don't have to keep constantly doing it if you don't want to. You have free will.

 


I'm perfectly aware that I have no obligation to do anything, but if new threads keep popping up, I may as well respond. The posters likely haven't seen the similar topics anyway (or else they probably wouldn't make these threads), so there's no harm in letting them know. I'll repeat; I'm not griping over the act of responding, just the fact that so many people seem unable to accept differences of opinion between Uncharted's community. The excited-for-UC3 crowd is entirely left alone -- even encouraged -- , while anyone with doubts is negatively singled out. It does get old.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes