Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
468 posts

Are you trying to say that maybe I'm using the bold and u...

Jun 7, 2011

JayLowe wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but it's not that I don't like change; it's just that ND have made CHANGES to the MP before, which haven't gone down very well at all. IT'S left myself and a number of others feeling very skeptical and rightly so. Also, we can only comment AND base our opinion on what we've seen so far; and from what I have seen, people have given REASONS as to why they don't like a particular feature. It's not a case of "I don't like it because it's new or because it's different." People do tend to like change; and it can be a good thing, but ONLY if the change(s) are for the good, and not simply for the sake of change.

Are you trying to say that maybe I'm using the bold and underline options a little too much??  lol  Sorry for that!  I really wanted to emphasis some words...  :smileyhappy:

"can be a good thing, but ONLY if the change(s) are for the good, and not simply for the sake of change."  

I agree with that, but I'm not sure that overally, people tend to like changes, I think this is the opposite, no?

Wich is sad...in fact, my post was long but I just wanted to discuss if people are disliking changes for a real reason or just because they are changes...do people really wanted just a replica of U2 multi with differents maps? If yes, IMO, that's sad...U2 was great, really great apart some minor (for me, because the game was really good, game mechanics and all) but I want to play with some additions in U3 multi.  By example i wouldn't have mind some vehicles in some maps in the multi if balanced right...example.  I know that some people here will dislike the beginning of airport map because it's different from "standard deathmatches online games" wich is, for me, great!  :smileyhappy:

Message 21 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Sorry that you're tired of repeating, I just wanted to di...

Jun 7, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

Seriously, it's personal opinion.

You either like it, or you don't. You can't just tell people "change is good" and expect your words to carry weight with them. Everyone will decide how they feel on their own; it can't just be forced.

I'm so tired of repeating that...

Sorry that you're tired of repeating, I just wanted to discuss this point, sorry if it sounded like I wanted to make my opinion the opinion of others or the "opinion" to have...  I just want people to ask themselfes if it was just plain "changes" that they hate, do they want to complain about anything that is different from U2 or if they have a real and valid argument against each change?

Message 22 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Thanks to both of you  REALMAN_PERSON and Aurelia, and ot...

Jun 7, 2011

Thanks to both of you  REALMAN_PERSON and Aureilia, and others, that have replied to my thread on topic.

@ REALMAN_PERSON:

Yeah, let's hope the beta will really serve as a beta and not just a demo because I'm not entirely negative nor entirely negative but some things will surely have to be ironed out...  What aspect of the buddy system you don't like exactly?  just curious to know if their is something, "balance-wise", that I didn't catch about it...

@Aureilia:

For the weapons, ak and shotgun, did not really catch all that of the trailers so far, hoping the videos are on a version of the game that is not up to date.  To be honest, the part of the changes that I like the less are the weapon customisations, more than medal kickback (if balanced AND rares).  The weapons customisations, from what I think so far before trying, adds to much "skills" to some weapons and may detract them to have each their ability.  Also, it'll really make the player be too different from each other in term of arsenal, depending on level or hours of play, wich is unfair imo. 

@Eugenide:

I know there is some topics about the kickbacks, medal and all but I wanted to discuss it differently.  Wanted to know if this is really just the fact that they are "changes" or not.  In our society, a lot of people don't like changes and judge it before trying, and end not trying if just because of their opinion that was made while not even experiencing it.  Also wanted to give my points and them to be read because in most 10 pages or more topics no one read the long responses...

Message 23 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

You're right, COD sells good but...did you read what is s...

Jun 7, 2011

Flawless83 wrote:

LOL at "A good sequel imo is a game with new things"

Then why the hell did CODs sell so good? 

You're right, COD sells good but...did you read what is said about the series in overall on the Net?  I'll estimate the people that really hate the series to about 60% of the posts, and I mean really hate it...  ...and one day or the other, believe it or not, the number of copies sold will decline...in the long run it's never good for a game to be stale...

Did you ever think about the fact that if the recents devlopers behind COD would have make the first video game ever we would still be playing a black and white game today with a circle and 2 rectangles that acts like paddles?  :smileyhappy:

IMO games needs to evolve and it's not only my opinion.  That like the tendencies these days to hate motion-controled games by some people because of the wii, if no one tries this kind of thing we'll never advance toward virtual reality games, that's an example but, you have to begin somewhere, not just because 80% of the games on wii were "rushed" that motion controls are the worst thing to happen to gaming...

Message 24 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

It just seems like another big change that has potential...

Jun 7, 2011

DaveedT13 wrote:

@ REALMAN_PERSON:

Yeah, let's hope the beta will really serve as a beta and not just a demo because I'm not entirely negative nor entirely negative but some things will surely have to be ironed out...  What aspect of the buddy system you don't like exactly?  just curious to know if their is something, "balance-wise", that I didn't catch about it...

It just seems like another big change that has potential to have issues. Mainly the spawning system where you can spawn on your buddy sounds cool but if it doesn't work properly I can see it being a headache. Imagine; you're sneaking up on an enemy and as you're about to open fire his "buddy" spawns with him and you get gunned down with ease. Sure, I can see it working both ways too but it could be exploited. 

One other thing is this "For My Buddy" booster made specifically for this system that has me worried. "See the location of the opponent that killed your buddy until they die"

I absolutely hate this because it's just another version of SA. Worst of all it sounds like this has no range and you'll be seeing that enemy no matter where they are on the map. 

All this said, I can't or love these elements until I can see them in action--or better yet--try'em for myself in the beta.

Message 25 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Yeah ok I see your points, at least, the spawning system...

Jun 10, 2011

REALMAN_PERSON wrote:

It just seems like another big change that has potential to have issues. Mainly the spawning system where you can spawn on your buddy sounds cool but if it doesn't work properly I can see it being a headache. Imagine; you're sneaking up on an enemy and as you're about to open fire his "buddy" spawns with him and you get gunned down with ease. Sure, I can see it working both ways too but it could be exploited. 

One other thing is this "For My Buddy" booster made specifically for this system that has me worried. "See the location of the opponent that killed your buddy until they die"

I absolutely hate this because it's just another version of SA. Worst of all it sounds like this has no range and you'll be seeing that enemy no matter where they are on the map. 

All this said, I can't or love these elements until I can see them in action--or better yet--try'em for myself in the beta.

Yeah ok I see your points, at least, the spawning system is supoose to be possible this way only if the buddy is not in an actual gunfight and I suppose if he's not too close from an ennemy.  For the "For My Buddy" booster, yeah, so many SA replicas wich is sad imo but at least they are all limited in some way, some limited in time, others limited like this one is a SA for one person only, but still, it could have been limited to 20 seconds or somthing and not until he dies... :smileysad:

Message 26 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

-

Jun 10, 2011

DaveedT13 wrote:

Yeah ok I see your points, at least, the spawning system is supoose to be possible this way only if the buddy is not in an actual gunfight and I suppose if he's not too close from an ennemy. 

Right, I know how it's supposed to work and I'm fine with it. The issue is that from what I've seen in videos, people are still able to spawn on their "Buddy" even in battles. So probably just needs to be tweaked.

For the "For My Buddy" booster, yeah, so many SA replicas wich is sad imo but at least they are all limited in some way, some limited in time, others limited like this one is a SA for one person only, but still, it could have been limited to 20 seconds or somthing and not until he dies... :smileysad:

Agreed. Hey, luckily we'll be able to give mountains of feedback about everything for the beta. There's a high chance things like this will be balanced better.

Message 27 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

I think it might be a booster thing. There is that regene...

Jun 11, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

To be honest, I was hugely worried about the sprint feature, I've watched videos, and if it's being used. I honestly don't notice it :smileyindifferent:

But something else appeared to me that made me worry.

One video shows someone longranging a shotgun... It downed someone virtually with immiedtae effect from a huge distance. That is just horrid.

There was also how someone using a AK made the enemy look like a total bullet sponge. Was taking them even longer to drop than it would have pre 1.05. But also during the same video someone got downed by a AK while jumping off a building which looked the complete opposite to a sponge.

So yeah. Either the game is taking distance into account when shooting, damage is hugely different or there are some internal bugs that still need fixing.

I'm hoping it's just some issues they are having, I'm really not prepared for another damage overhaul, I'm still getting used to this one :smileyindifferent:

I think it might be a booster thing. There is that regenerative health booster it might have been that or the guy who went down really quickly might have been already wounded. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 28 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

The only change I want is the lag sorted out.

Jun 11, 2011

The only change I want is the lag sorted out.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 29 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Jun 13, 2011

DaveedT13 wrote:

JayLowe wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but it's not that I don't like change; it's just that ND have made CHANGES to the MP before, which haven't gone down very well at all. IT'S left myself and a number of others feeling very skeptical and rightly so. Also, we can only comment AND base our opinion on what we've seen so far; and from what I have seen, people have given REASONS as to why they don't like a particular feature. It's not a case of "I don't like it because it's new or because it's different." People do tend to like change; and it can be a good thing, but ONLY if the change(s) are for the good, and not simply for the sake of change.

Are you trying to say that maybe I'm using the bold and underline options a little too much??  lol  Sorry for that!  I really wanted to emphasis some words...  :smileyhappy:

"can be a good thing, but ONLY if the change(s) are for the good, and not simply for the sake of change."  

I agree with that, but I'm not sure that overally, people tend to like changes, I think this is the opposite, no?

Wich is sad...in fact, my post was long but I just wanted to discuss if people are disliking changes for a real reason or just because they are changes...do people really wanted just a replica of U2 multi with differents maps? If yes, IMO, that's sad...U2 was great, really great apart some minor (for me, because the game was really good, game mechanics and all) but I want to play with some additions in U3 multi.  By example i wouldn't have mind some vehicles in some maps in the multi if balanced right...example.  I know that some people here will dislike the beginning of airport map because it's different from "standard deathmatches online games" wich is, for me, great!  :smileyhappy:

There's no need to be sorry, bud. Yeah, I was kinda poking fun at your post a little bit, but it was all in good nature.
There's the old saying that people don't like change, and that will indeed be the case for some people on these forums, but from what I've seen on here if someone doesn't like a particular aspect of UC3's MP they're stating why and they're expanding on that by also stating ways to balance it out and make it better. I've very, very rarely seen anyone simply say "I don't like it because it's different."
But I honestly believe that the vast majority of people would like change so long as the changes are for the good and simply not for the sake of change. I think a perfect example of that is the addition of power plays. Yeah, we haven't got our hands on it yet, but we've all seen a lot of videos of people who have got their hands on power plays, and there a lot of people - people who are even overall psyched for UC3 - who don't like this change, and it's not because it's different, a lot of people have given a number of reasons as to why, and I've also read a lot of good ideas to help balance the addition, such as being allowed to choose whether the power play comes into play or not. As it stands right now, the power play, in my opinion, is a change for the sake of change - it doesn't need to be in there at all. It has no place being there.
On the other hand, the apparent change in the level of health is a huge, huge plus for me and that is a change (actually a change back) for the good.
As I've said before, Naughty Dog can't make every single person happy, so it's obvious some people will like certain changes and others won't. However, as I've said before, my fear is Naughty Dog are trying to please everyone, and it's simply not possible.

Message 30 of 32 (9 Views)
0 Likes