Apr 16 2013
By: Penguins_100 First Son 2 posts

Something new I suggest

14 replies 353 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

I think that you guys should make it so you can put your emblem and clan on the gun and maybe even change the color of the gun, just a suggestion

Message 1 of 15 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Something new I suggest

Apr 16, 2013

Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

Good idea, but unfortunately it's probably too late in the game's life cycle to add this type of customization. Hopefully ND does something like this is UC4 though. I'm really hoping to see consolidated customization in UC4 (as in, you don't have to change to the "gold AK-47," you would just change the skin of your AK-47 to "gold.") Hopefully, we'll also get more customization ability to our emblems in UC4, too. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 2 of 15 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Apr 16, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Good idea, but unfortunately it's probably too late in the game's life cycle to add this type of customization. Hopefully ND does something like this is UC4 though. I'm really hoping to see consolidated customization in UC4 (as in, you don't have to change to the "gold AK-47," you would just change the skin of your AK-47 to "gold.") Hopefully, we'll also get more customization ability to our emblems in UC4, too. 

I hope Naughty Dog throws this whole customization stuff out of the window Smiley Tongue

I don't like all this stuff, it doesn't even look good and I prefer they focus on more important stuff, like I said earlier: keep it simple, don't add to much stuff, look at Uncharted 2, it was perfect (before patch 1.05 where the health was lowered, and some glitches should have been fixed, but for the rest it was perfect), did you ever hear anyone complain about a lack of customization in Uncharted 2, not me, I hope they go back to basics and refine every aspect that was in Uncharted 2, not adding stuff that doesn't make the game better, but that's just my opinion Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

I hope Naughty Dog throws this whole customization stuff out of the window Smiley Tongue

I don't like all this stuff, it doesn't even look good and I prefer they focus on more important stuff, like I said earlier: keep it simple, don't add to much stuff, look at Uncharted 2, it was perfect (before patch 1.05 where the health was lowered, and some glitches should have been fixed, but for the rest it was perfect), did you ever hear anyone complain about a lack of customization in Uncharted 2, not me, I hope they go back to basics and refine every aspect that was in Uncharted 2, not adding stuff that doesn't make the game better, but that's just my opinion Smiley Happy

wut ? customization is a good thing I would hate to see it removed in UC4.

what hey should do in UC4 is make every Uncharted player skin available for purchase with in game cash or unlocked by Treasure sets & get rid of stats hats.

Message 4 of 15 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Apr 16, 2013
The beta trailer had that... you could change the color of your gun, but w/ tourney prizes we can kinda have that. And... erm... i have something old to suggest: Wetsuit Elena!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 15 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

I respect your opinion, but I sincerely hope that they don't revert to a UC2-style game for UC4. I like the customizations, the loadouts, the fast-paced style to the game (well maybe not that as much Smiley Tongue), and the loadouts, and did I mention loadouts. For someone who is just to hipster to use a mainstream gun (Smiley Very Happy), I like the choice to start out with the gun of my choice.  Kickbacks, eh. I like the idea but there are just too many power weapons. They're like, EVERYWHERE!!! I don't care for the character customization too much though, but if it is included in UC4 it definitely should be "consolidate." No more "5 different Drake's" crap. 

I would like to see Uncharted make a name for itself, as recognizable as Call of Duty or Halo. And I think that going back to a UC2 style game would prevent this. I think UC3 was a step forward, just ND moved too fast without looking and twisted their ankle. They need to learn from their mistakes and keep developing the series. UC2 was fun, but that kind of game just isn't what most people are looking for. Don't get me wrong, I think the Uncharted series should be its own thing and not try to be Call of Duty or anything else, but I think UC3 had a lot of untapped potential. UC3 has some huge problems but I still think it's a better game than UC2, but that's just my opinion. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 6 of 15 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Apr 17, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

I respect your opinion, but I sincerely hope that they don't revert to a UC2-style game for UC4. I like the customizations, the loadouts, the fast-paced style to the game (well maybe not that as much Smiley Tongue), and the loadouts, and did I mention loadouts. For someone who is just to hipster to use a mainstream gun (Smiley Very Happy), I like the choice to start out with the gun of my choice.  Kickbacks, eh. I like the idea but there are just too many power weapons. They're like, EVERYWHERE!!! I don't care for the character customization too much though, but if it is included in UC4 it definitely should be "consolidate." No more "5 different Drake's" crap. 

I would like to see Uncharted make a name for itself, as recognizable as Call of Duty or Halo. And I think that going back to a UC2 style game would prevent this. I think UC3 was a step forward, just ND moved too fast without looking and twisted their ankle. They need to learn from their mistakes and keep developing the series. UC2 was fun, but that kind of game just isn't what most people are looking for. Don't get me wrong, I think the Uncharted series should be its own thing and not try to be Call of Duty or anything else, but I think UC3 had a lot of untapped potential. UC3 has some huge problems but I still think it's a better game than UC2, but that's just my opinion. 

yeah, I understand, but what I hope then is that for UC4 they are not going to add again tons of new stuff, but refine the stuff from UC3, for instance:

- customization must fit in the uncharted universe, which means: not any weird stuff (like oddball stuff), customization must not have any connection with gameplay (so no stats on hats), not every customizable part must be a hat, customization must fit the characters, so for instance drake's ring for nate, a cigar for sully, a parrot on the shoulder for rameses (only for the sake of hats the parrot in UC3 sits on top of rameses head, that looks stupid, parrots always sit on shoulders...), all that sort of stuff, oh and I (personally) want custom hero and villain removed, they just don't fit in the game if you ask me...

- kickbacks, must make sense, which means: for instance I am fine with a smoke bomb, but let me throw it and blind my opponent and then I can run away myself or shoot at him while he doesn't know where I am, instead that it teleports me to somewhere else, that is weird, so no weird stuff like disruption, how about you get a dart gun with 5 darts (for each 5 of the opponents, if you hit all them...) that confuses the opponent and he doesn't know who his enemy is (like in UC3 single player), that would make more sense, or for creepy crawler, don't turn into them yourself, just release bunch of them and they run to the closest opponent and start eating, you know, such stuff...

- I don't like loadouts, but if they have to stay then so be it, at least balance the weapons better, so that I don't have a problem with it in UC4...

- mods should not make your gun kill faster or easier, so no accuracy or rate of fire, I am fine with little stuff like scope zoom, reload speed, call out, clip size and max ammo, those don't really cause balancing issues...

- boosters are okay, but please get rid of things that give you advantage in a gunfight, fleet foot is so annoying, also get rid of all forms of situational awareness, and revenge, especially get rid of revenge, I love buddy boosters, they encourage teamwork, stealth buddy is my favorite, but thanks buddy and sugar buddy are great too, upgrading boosters is nice too, but make sure that people stay focused on the objective, so no more booster leveling in plunder except beast mode of course...

- medals are great, I love collecting them, but it's annoying that easy tasks like just running, sitting in cover, climbing and rolling give you medals too, also no medals for just killing 3 people with a long gun, or 3 with a side arm, or 3 with grenades, just reward special things with a medal, like streaks, pull downs, stealth kills, propane tank kills, and so on... Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I want them to go backwards. Copy Uncharted 2.

Keep the only positive from Uncharted 3, inability to bunny hop effectively.

Have low or high health, don't really care. I can deal with both.

I just find Uncharted 3 completely like a barbie doll, it's complete dress up and all asthetics, there is no class to Uncharted 3 at all. while Uncharted 2 was simply down to business.

There is so much wrong with Uncharted 3 that was never wrong with Uncharted 2, They tried to improve and fix things when they never even needed to.

Games evolve? Gears of War certainly hasn't, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Message 8 of 15 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Apr 17, 2013
They should remove every character from UC4. It should be Team Spyder vs Team Skelzor. The only gun should be the M9 + RoF. The game modes should be TDM, and TODM, which is TO, but with a little more TDM. There only needs to be two maps. Airstrip and London Underground. No intro should be a paid DLC.
Message 9 of 15 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I like customization, I like custom characters. I'm not going to go back to UC2 Drake Drake Drake DRAKE AND OF COURSE DRAKE vs FLYNN FLYNN FLYNN AND ANOTHER FREAKING FLYNN THAT LOOKS EXACTLY THE GODDAMN SAME.

You know another reason I like HC? I can use gun skins. I know there's jack difference between M9 and Marlowe's M9 in HC mode, but I *love* having a design on my gun.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 15 (244 Views)
0 Likes