Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 17 2013
By: neverbelow Fender Bender 4116 posts

Spawn Killing Fix

[ Edited ]
25 replies 370 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

I think I've made this subject or suggested it in another thread but I think it's a good idea. Basically it's to prevent spawn killing without giving the person spawning an advantage:

- Give the person spawning a 1 second invulnerability in TDM, FFA, and 3TDM except for Buddy Spawns

This will solve the grenade glitch spawn killing method. It will also help with getting T-bolted, RPG'd, QB'd on spawn. They'll have enough time to react/move but not enough time to give them an advantage. Also, killing a marked man with Revenge on wouldn't give the other team 5 points automatically.

This idea would really help U2 be a better MP but would also really help U3. It's never going to happen in U2 but it still could in U3.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (370 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Spawn Killing Fix

Jan 17, 2013

Kudo'd. That would really, really, really fix the "Spawn nade" glitch that happens.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4116 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Oh and they should add this onto Smoke Bomb.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (354 Views)
Wastelander
620 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Aww but then I can't get those luck random grenade spawn kills :smileyvery-happy:

I honestly don't know, not alot of other shooters have this, but with all the lag at bs, I think we can make an exception.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3499 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Good idea. I don't get the grenade spawn glitch very often, but I see the smoke bomb one plenty. Do exactly the way neverbelow said.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Jan 17, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

- Give the person spawning a 1 second invulnerability in TDM, FFA, and 3TDM except for Buddy Spawns

This will solve the grenade glitch spawn killing method. It will also help with getting T-bolted, RPG'd, QB'd on spawn. They'll have enough time to react/move but not enough time to give them an advantage. Also, killing a marked man with Revenge on wouldn't give the other team 5 points automatically.

Excellent idea- the time delay isn't enough to make a significant difference in a player's performance, yet it is able to prevent these glitches from occuring and causing downright stupid fatalities. 

Now, there is the question as to whether or not this should be applied to objective modes- TO has Marked Man, and Plunder is notorious for spawn killing/kill farming. neverbelow, do you think applying the invulnerability to these modes would solve their problems as well, or is it unnecessary given how deaths in those modes generaly don't have a big enough impact compared to TDM variants?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 17, 2013

It needs to be added to smoke bomb, I was using Smoke Bomb today in FFA and i was being shot after i have activated it (Not lag just the way smoke bomb was "Intended" to be)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I hate getting spawn killed like that out of nowhere too..

so annoying. :smileysad:

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Toxic156 wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

Excellent idea- the time delay isn't enough to make a significant difference in a player's performance, yet it is able to prevent these glitches from occuring and causing downright stupid fatalities. 

Now, there is the question as to whether or not this should be applied to objective modes- TO has Marked Man, and Plunder is notorious for spawn killing/kill farming. neverbelow, do you think applying the invulnerability to these modes would solve their problems as well, or is it unnecessary given how deaths in those modes generaly don't have a big enough impact compared to TDM variants?

I think it would be fine for all game modes since the timer is only 1 second and in the one second the player is usually taking thier first step. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

I was trying to promote this a month ago so I definitely agree! The only adjusment I want to make is that it should apply to all modes to prevent the deady body glitch in these mathces as well, and for buddy spawns it should be .5 second invulnerability. It's not enough to be abused but would be better then nothing.

SUPPORTED!

My discussion from about a month ago if anyone's interested in the details:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Tournamet-tickets-help-incredib...

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (266 Views)
0 Likes