Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Spawn Killing Fix

Jan 17, 2013

I like it. Support.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 26 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Toxic156 wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

- Give the person spawning a 1 second invulnerability in TDM, FFA, and 3TDM except for Buddy Spawns

This will solve the grenade glitch spawn killing method. It will also help with getting T-bolted, RPG'd, QB'd on spawn. They'll have enough time to react/move but not enough time to give them an advantage. Also, killing a marked man with Revenge on wouldn't give the other team 5 points automatically.

Excellent idea- the time delay isn't enough to make a significant difference in a player's performance, yet it is able to prevent these glitches from occ            uring and causing downright stupid fatalities. 

Now, there is the question as to whether or not this should be applied to objective modes- TO has Marked Man, and Plunder is notorious for spawn killing/kill farming. neverbelow, do you think applying the invulnerability to these modes would solve their problems as well, or is it unnecessary given how deaths in those modes generaly don't ha ve a big enough impact compared to TDM variants?  

I don't think it would work in Plunder because that mode already routinely spawns you on top of the other team in the bases. This would compound the problem. I don't know Team Objective well enough to sprak on that. It seems like it could.

Message 12 of 26 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Aww but then I can't get those luck random grenade spawn kills Smiley Very Happy

I honestly don't know, not alot of other shooters have this, but with all the lag at bs, I think we can make an exception.

They have this on battle field. Sorry to say it doesn't really work as well as you think it would.

Every one is calling for the removal of it now.

You cant tell when some one just spawned and you turn a corner and empty a clip only to be empty and they take no damage, turn and kill you.

If they did what they did in the beta and you hit left or right on the d-pad and choose a spawn I think that would be great. Not to many remember that though.

It gave you a choice of like 3 spots, your buddy, and two others.

Seemed to work well. I don't really remember getting spawn killed then.

In theroy the OP's idea sounds good but I have seen the after effect first hand.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 13 of 26 (210 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jan 17, 2013

They could make an emblem like a shield above a recent spawned player so that you're aware the player just got spawned.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 26 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7021 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

They could make an emblem like a shield above a recent spawned player so that you're aware the player just got spawned.

It will only last a second. It takes a few seconds to empty a clip. If you somehow manage to start shooting at an enemy the very moment that they spawn, meaning that you would shoot at them for the full second, then you'd still have enough bullets left, and the bullets you wasted would be your punishment for being a ****ing spawn killer. In reality though if someone just spawns it will likely take you a minimum of .25 seconds to acquire the target if you see them the moment they spawn, so even then you're already going to be shooting at them for less than a 1 whole second before they become vulnerable.

Honestly I don't see why people are worried about this inulnerability. In something like Plunder the people may spawn close by but they can't start getting involved in the match until they react to their respawn and actually move forward, which will take a second at least. Then in something like TDM, shouldn't we want people to not be able to die right when they spawn? Are we really trying to be cautious of making it harder for spawn killers, and gasp, making it actually to their detriment to try and spawn kill? You can't buddy spawn if there are enemies nearby, so the only time it could be an issue is if someone is going towards a spawn to potentially kill someone.

Message 15 of 26 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

BurstLimitKL wrote:

Aww but then I can't get those luck random grenade spawn kills Smiley Very Happy

I honestly don't know, not alot of other shooters have this, but with all the lag at bs, I think we can make an exception.

They have this on battle field. Sorry to say it doesn't really work as well as you think it would.

Every one is calling for the removal of it now.

You cant tell when some one just spawned and you turn a corner and empty a clip only to be empty and they take no damage, turn and kill you.

If they did what they did in the beta and you hit left or right on the d-pad and choose a spawn I think that would be great. Not to many remember that though.

It gave you a choice of like 3 spots, your buddy, and two others.

Seemed to work well. I don't really remember getting spawn killed then.

In theroy the OP's idea sounds good but I have seen the after effect first hand.

ya - you can choose to spawn by pressing square or buddy spawn with triangle, but thats only sometimes and you cant pick your spawn location - sometimes you are not even given the option and just spawn - i want the choice - i will wait if i have to, to get a good spawn.

this game would be a bit different than battlefield though id say so it still could work - maybe put an indicator that he has just respawned like one of the guys said but id say go ahead with this plan anyways - it needs it.

Message 16 of 26 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7021 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

To put it another way:

Hmmmmmm dead body glitch (leading them to invisikill you later) and getting spawn killed by grenades near your dead body? Or spawn killers sometimes waste some extra ammo trying to take out a person that just got an unlucky respawn?

If this isn't unanimous then I don't even.....

Message 17 of 26 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

Jan 17, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

It will only last a second. It takes a few seconds to empty a clip. If you somehow manage to start shooting at an enemy the very moment that they spawn, meaning that you would shoot at them for the full second, then you'd still have enough bullets left, and the bullets you wasted would be your punishment for being a ****ing spawn killer. In reality though if someone just spawns it will likely take you a minimum of .25 seconds to acquire the target if you see them the moment they spawn, so even then you're already going to be shooting at them for less than a 1 whole second before they become vulnerable.

Honestly I don't see why people are worried about this inulnerability. In something like Plunder the people may spawn close by but they can't start getting involved in the match until they react to their respawn and actually move forward, which will take a second at least. Then in something like TDM, shouldn't we want people to not be able to die right when they spawn? Are we really trying to be cautious of making it harder for spawn killers, and gasp, making it actually to their detriment to try and spawn kill? You can't buddy spawn if there are enemies nearby, so the only time it could be an issue is if someone is going towards a spawn to potentially kill someone.

Also the other thing you have to think about is how buddy spawns work.

Your buddy can spawn right next to you while your being shot. He has a 1 second immunity.

That very same scenario happens in battle field. 

Trust me it doesn't work as well as the theory.

Choosing your spawn like the beta had was awesome, why they removed it I'll never know.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 18 of 26 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7021 posts

Jan 17, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Your buddy can spawn right next to you while your being shot. He has a 1 second immunity.

Choosing your spawn like the beta had was awesome, why they removed it I'll never know.

Sorry I forgot to reput this, but in my first post on this thread I said that Buddy spawns should have a .5 second spawn. That would pretty much solve against grenade spawns and maybe have the side effect of people not spawning into Tbolts and RPGs but no real consequences.

Also BF3 doesn't have dead body glitches from grenades blowing up on your dead body, so think of how it would be with that Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 26 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

Jan 17, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Sorry I forgot to reput this, but in my first post on this thread I said that Buddy spawns should have a .5 second spawn. That would pretty much solve against grenade spawns and maybe have the side effect of people not spawning into Tbolts and RPGs but no real consequences.

Also BF3 doesn't have dead body glitches from grenades blowing up on your dead body, so think of how it would be with that Smiley Wink

All I can say is be careful on what you wish for on this.

Message 20 of 26 (160 Views)
0 Likes