Nov 05 2013
By: J9Power4 Lombax Warrior 102 posts

Stat Reset?

5 replies 378 views Edited Nov 5, 2013
I don't know if anyone has checked, but since the patch or maybe earlier if you go on your stat page ND seems to have reset your Kills and Deaths for TDM? You still have your total amount of kills, but TDM kills seem to have been reset. If so that's kinda cool.
Photobucket
Message 1 of 6 (378 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Re: Stat Reset?

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

I think it was not cool that kills and deaths counted in Plunder and Team Objectives first. I was one of the fair players and ended up with worse overall stats. My TDM results were much better overall.

That said, stats are not important and I wish they would not show kills and deaths on the individual in-game stats-page. Your stats being visible to everyone before every single match you play is what created the extreme stats-obsession in Uncharted 3. In UC2, only your friends would see your stats and those who looked at your ND-website stats. It wasn't half as bad back then.

No more stats = more fun. Those who remember the early "no leaderboard" days of Uncharted 2 will probably know what it was like Smiley Happy

Edit: Just yesterday I ran into a really poor soul with about 3500 kills and 0 deaths (!). Imagine how many matches he ruined for poor noobs which he found with that matchmaking back-out trick.The way he plays is certainly no fun too, not for him but especially for his opponents. Him signing out of PSN, crashing the match every time he dies once is... and so on. Him wasting his life for something meaningless doesn't matter. The rest is terrible and created by stats. Yeah I'm talking about you Mr. Legionz (not his exact PSN, don't worry) Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 6 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 5, 2013

I really don’t mind the stats page and its current makeup.  My KDR there (which still includes my Plunder and TO stats) is still below one which just causes people to underestimate me.  On the other hand, the stats page often tells me a great deal about my opposition.

In my case, my KDR is below one but my headshots are about 12% of my kills and my Win/Loss ratio is healthily above 1.  Not to toot my own horn but I’d consider such an opponent more skilled than one with a KDR of 2+ with a W/L ratio below 1 and headshots 5% of kills.

Message 3 of 6 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I think it was not cool that kills and deaths counted in Plunder and Team Objectives first. I was one of the fair players and ended up with worse overall stats. My TDM results were much better overall.

That said, stats are not important and I wish they would not show kills and deaths on the individual in-game stats-page. Your stats being visible to everyone before every single match you play is what created the extreme stats-obsession in Uncharted 3. In UC2, only your friends would see your stats and those who looked at your ND-website stats. It wasn't half as bad back then.

No more stats = more fun. Those who remember the early "no leaderboard" days of Uncharted 2 will probably know what it was like Smiley Happy

Edit: Just yesterday I ran into a really poor soul with about 3500 kills and 0 deaths (!). Imagine how many matches he ruined for poor noobs which he found with that matchmaking back-out trick.The way he plays is certainly no fun too, not for him but especially for his opponents. Him signing out of PSN, crashing the match every time he dies once is... and so on. Him wasting his life for something meaningless doesn't matter. The rest is terrible and created by stats. Yeah I'm talking about you Mr. Legionz (not his exact PSN, don't worry) Smiley Tongue

My stats suffered cause of that too man.. I have a 2plus kdr, but ya.. that's why I wanted the leaderboards to stay and show my tdm only kdr.

I think having stats visible to everyone is a good thing. If you think about it it gives insight on how that player might play, so your prepared Smiley Tongue

Edit: except people like captain with deceiving stats xD

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2013

Geez.  You make me sound sneaky! Smiley Happy  That's why I suggest looking at some of the other numbers and why I'm personally against removing any of the stats from the page.

Heck, I'd love to see Power Weapon kills added!

Message 5 of 6 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

Nov 6, 2013
This has occurred because the leaderboards for multiplayer are not in service at this time that is what is happening now
Sleep Matt signature
Message 6 of 6 (289 Views)
0 Likes