Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6075 posts

Re: Stat hat preference

Apr 12, 2013

aside from the fact that this thread was necro bumped...

I find stat hats more benefitial in co-op. clip size, hs damage, and HO speed are great.

In competitive I rarely see a benefit with any of them except for heavy object hats in plunder, other than that, their advantages are so unnoticeable that meh.

photo Sniper.png
Message 31 of 40 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4934 posts

Apr 12, 2013
[Off]. That's how I like my "stat hats".
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 32 of 40 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Apr 12, 2013
I like my stats off.

But I like wearing the Ski mask. Nothing says "I'm a REAL treasure hunter" than the ski mask.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 33 of 40 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 12, 2013

SjShane wrote:
@Black_MiD I don't know how you even notice a slower regeneration, it adds less than one second of time to the standard speed, and pretty much grants people a free Cloaked booster.

the Regen stat hats are broken actually.

i've tried Panda Mask & It took me longer to heal

Message 34 of 40 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16330 posts

Apr 12, 2013

The Heavy Object speed hats are all superb.   I don't even know or care what their flipside is, it's worth it in Plunder.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 35 of 40 (327 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
968 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Knight helmet&Drakes hat = Cloaked for free + FF/Scoped/ESE etc + character weapons + PING etc = 8 U2 booster:smileyvery-happy:

Everything balanced out in this trashy game.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 36 of 40 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013
My favorite is hat stats off. You can have your poop sack hat, yeti mask, space helmet and whatever else you want. I'll take Elena's cat ears and Raja's gold shades. They don't boost my stats, but they show that I can accessorize. :smileyhappy:
Message 37 of 40 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 14, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

aside from the fact that this thread was necro bumped...

I find stat hats more benefitial in co-op. clip size, hs damage, and HO speed are great.

In competitive I rarely see a benefit with any of them except for heavy object hats in plunder, other than that, their advantages are so unnoticeable that meh.

I thought they didn't count in co-op? How does headshot damage affect weapons like the Dragon Sniper anyway?

Message 38 of 40 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I use Highwayman Mask all the time. It gives the ability of Call Out for everything and the reduction in blindfire accuracy is negligible for obvious reasons.

It's useful as a solo player in Classic because teammates aren't really good at finding enemies...
Message 39 of 40 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

How does headshot damage affect weapons like the Dragon Sniper anyway?

The Dragon Sniper, Mag-5, and T-Bolt all benefit against Juggernaut opponents and in any custom game where the health is increased to 160%+ (260%+ in the T-Bolt's case).  They otherwise get no practical benefits as they do more than 100% damage already on headshots.

In Co-op, the difference with sniper weapons is negligible, as the increase isn't enough to decrement the number of headshots needed to kill an opponent in most cases.  They would obviously reduce the amount of firepower needed from other weapons for a kill, but by themselves, the point is moot.  At Rank 49 and beyond, the hats may be completely unnecessary to sniper weapons due to the insane HS damage increase Army of Three bestows (it's way beyond double).  HS Damage would benefit weapons like the G-MAL more, which can one-burst unarmored goons with the hat stats on.

The Raffica in Shade Survival may also see a sizable benefit, as this otherwise weak little pop gun is surprisingly strong against exposed Shade flesh, to the point that I feel safe saying it's the strongest regular weapon in that mode.  It doesn't pierce armor unfortunately, so coupling it with appropriate long arm support is important regardless of the hat worn.

Just FYI, competitive damage can't be directly compared to most of Co-op for varying reasons.  It's mostly due to armor influence, though some actual damage differences appear to exist.  With Co-op Hunter, competitive damage numbers can be applied to players if you assume Heroes and armored Hunters have 130% health while unarmored Hunters have 65%.

Message 40 of 40 (225 Views)
0 Likes