Uncharted Territory
1322 posts

Re: Suggestion For Kickbacks on U4

Jan 11, 2014
3 medals spawn at set locaions on the map just like power weapons. The only difference would be thay insead of picking one up and having a power weapon it'd have to be one person picking up 4 of them.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2372 posts

Jan 11, 2014

Sorry that concept is simply ridiculous & would not work. 

The OP's idea is far superior to this treasure chest mess.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 11, 2014

The kickbacks in Uncharted are already a step ahead of Call Of Duty's Killstreak system. Having to earn multiple kills in a row for something just causes camping, at least in Uncharted the player does not have to worry about dying one kill away from a Mega Bomb.

In Uncharted 4 there needs to be only defensive kickbacks, or just non power weapon kickbacks. The Cluster and Mega Bomb could make a return but it should be kept to things like Smoke Bomb, Gotcha, Disruption and Cursed Idol. Also I'd like to see ND implement some kickbacks that are team oriented, perhaps they could create a kickback called Guardian Angel which slightly increases the regeneration for team mates if they are nearby for 30 seconds. I could see that working well during Plunder and Objective modes.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2186 posts

Jan 11, 2014

i'm all for removing offensive kickbacks all together, i feel like "an easy kill" disrupts the gameplay and is a little too choatic at times, defensive kickbacks might be okay but as long as it's reasonable (ie. there wouldn't be a need for offensive kickbacks to balance the scales) such as health increase (to max if you get hurt), more ammo, etc...) ... but what i would want to see is just kickbacks that only benefit the player's career progress (ie. cash multiplier, something to do with treasures (if they work it into U4 MP), etc...)

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (145 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12997 posts

Jan 11, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:

i'm all for removing offensive kickbacks all together, i feel like "an easy kill" disrupts the gameplay and is a little too choatic at times, defensive kickbacks might be okay but as long as it's reasonable (ie. there wouldn't be a need for offensive kickbacks to balance the scales) such as health increase (to max if you get hurt), more ammo, etc...) ... but what i would want to see is just kickbacks that only benefit the player's career progress (ie. cash multiplier, something to do with treasures (if they work it into U4 MP), etc...)

That is actually a good idea.

No more treasures though.

No one even picks up the treasures. They are out in the open. No good player will go and stand there unless they are facing a team of n00bs.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31 posts

Jan 11, 2014

I'd like to see them removed. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2665 posts

Jan 11, 2014
^^that is probably the easiest option
kickbacks like speedyG and militia-man were fun though, if there activations were fairer they could be good.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 12, 2014

I hope they are removed from the game. If they're still in UC4, at least make it so you can only use it is once per match and use it wisely. I average 50-70 medals in my matches. This means that I can activate my Hammer time 4/5 times.

Only defensive kickbacks is a good idea also, but with all the offensive boosters gone and the remaining defense boosters, unless they add good defensive kickbacks, I could see that everyone will just use Smoke Bomb.

What they could do is keep offensive kickbacks but remove all PW kickbacks and Quick Boom.

I mean the Hammer Time + ESE combo in a map like Chateau or Yemen is completely ridiculous. The T-Bolt and Shottie kickback are ridiculous as well, but not as much as the hammer because the Shottie isn't popular enough and the T-Bolt actually takes skill to use. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11014 posts

Jan 12, 2014
They should remove them all OR keep ONLY the defensive ones and "useless" ones, like Creepy Crawler, Cursed Idol... etc...
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 12, 2014
Well I'm definitely going to get some hate for this but it's worth it.

I honestly think kickbacks are fine however they should be dialled down. Less ammo and if it's a power weapon, it should be given to you with no bullets in the chamber. That way you can't use it straight away during a gunfight and annoy the person you killed. It's take 1-3 seconds so it wouldn't be a hassle out of combat and you don't get KABOOM BOOM raped every time you see that green aura.
Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (90 Views)