Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Re: Suggestion For Kickbacks on U4

Jan 11, 2014
Halo 4 handled their ordnance drops fairly well here. Pretty much anything you did in the game as far as assists, objective work, kills, etc. applies towards ordnance. Once you use it, you have to actually pick it up off the map. And best of all, each ordnance takes more points than the last to acheive. The scaling part for sure would help with people using a kickback and then having another kickback.
Message 11 of 44 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jan 11, 2014
To be very honest, i loved UC2 Multiplayer. It was a hunt for guns. It was simple as **bleep** and u coild just walk up and play. No unnecessary loadout and stuff. Instead of being unique, ND preferred mainstream.

The worst part, now the barely care about our voices. I doubt someone ever sees the forums with any seriousness.
Message 12 of 44 (372 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 11, 2014

neverbelow wrote:

@Blennerville- I made the suggestion so that not everything is kill based but action based. It'd make them more fun and strategic than they currently are in U3. I think the Cover medals don't promote active gameplay. Having the chest pickups could still be in the game but they would just clutter up areas needed for power weapon spawns. Also, the meter way would provide incentive for a team that doesn't have map control to continue to be aggressive when the power weapons aren't about to spawn.

i was on about taking medals out of the kickback equation - Chests are in the game already and they are fine, I played a few games thye other day and I got my kickbacks pritty much solely from chest pick up.

The only contrast with UC3 is that normal medals wouldnt go towards kickbacks, it would only be what you get from the chests.

There wouldnt necessarily need to be more chests on some maps (some currently have a lot already), though i dont see why it would be an issue if a few extra chests had to be added to some maps, they wouldnt be competing with Power weapons, they would just be an alternative like they are currently (there could be less chests and more power weapons or more power weapons and less chests depending on the map).

The good thing about it is that it would be very easily to control and balance - The number of chests pick ups needed for a kickback as well as the frequency they open is the key and what makes it so much better than medals - e.g. It could be just 3 chest pick up to activate a certain kickback or 5 for a better one - this makes it much more balanced and each kickback will have much more individual value compared to UC3 where most are not valued due to the way the way in which kickbacks are earned (getting showered with random medals).

The chests wouldnt be dominated by a team controlling an area of the map like power weapons - like UC3 the location a chest opens would be random and maybe 2 or even more could open at the same time.

it would also be good for powerplays if they were to return - e.g. only the ones on the loosing teams side open, or the winning team cant get chest pick-ups, or the loosing team get the kickbacks activated for free or half price kickbacks.

i guess it would be a bit like gathering supplies in TLOU (i havent played it), Uncharted and TLOU are hunter gathers and I feel that the chest kickbacks would fit in better than medals.

The way I understand your idea - it would heavily favour a team that is dominating, it see it kinda like killstreaks in COD where you get dogs at 5 kills, a nuke at 10 and a gunship at 15,  maybe i picked it up wrong though.

And with the Medal kickback system like it is in UC3 teams that are beasting always get loads of medals and kickbacks almost for nothing while the loosing team only get a few medals. I think chests would be fairer.

(A tiered system could still work with chests, but I dont think that is in keeping with what Uncharted is about)

Message 13 of 44 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Jan 11, 2014
The treasure idea is horrible & simply wouldn't work.
Message 14 of 44 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 11, 2014
^^ it already does work.
Message 15 of 44 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Jan 11, 2014

No that is simply a luck based system ur hoping for & people would camp chest locations, I can already see people team killing for chests since it's happened to me before more than once. Lastly ur basing your theory off 5 vs 5. What if ND increases player count that would mean maps would have to be riddled with chest & some people would simply not get a kickback even if they are doing well..

No Thanks. 

Message 16 of 44 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Jan 11, 2014
I think the entire point is that you shouldn't be able to get a power weapon just for playing.
Message 17 of 44 (330 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 11, 2014
@ wycliff

if that is your stance would you be suggest removing Power weapons as well ??
Chests work fine.

Its basing off map size and layout just like with power weapons.

The player count wont be increased drastically if at all id say and that would be smart.

i dont really care what way they work kickbacks as long as they work better than they do now with the medal system or if they remove kickbacks well then good.
Message 18 of 44 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
I think the entire point is that you shouldn't be able to get a power weapon just for playing.

1 - Kickbacks should have never been power weapons to begin with.

2 - You don't need to even 'play' to collect 3 medals from a chest either.

A progression system should be implemented then & not based kickbacks solely on medals.

Message 19 of 44 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Jan 11, 2014

Blennerville wrote:
@ wycliff

if that is your stance would you be suggest removing Power weapons as well ??
Chests work fine.

Its basing off map size and layout just like with power weapons.

The player count wont be increased drastically if at all id say and that would be smart.

i dont really care what way they work kickbacks as long as they work better than they do now with the medal system or if they remove kickbacks well then good.

Why are you bringing power weapons into this, moving along.

I simply don't see the need to make getting a kickback luck based, treasure chests should not be the  deciding factor whether one gets a Kickback or not. Most matches are 10 mins long does that mean a chest would have to spawn 3 medals, every 45 seconds?

One should be rewarded for doing well & contributing to the team / doing the objectives. 

Message 20 of 44 (311 Views)
0 Likes