Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Suggestion For Kickbacks on U4

Jan 12, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
Well I'm definitely going to get some hate for this but it's worth it.

I honestly think kickbacks are fine however they should be dialled down. Less ammo and if it's a power weapon, it should be given to you with no bullets in the chamber. That way you can't use it straight away during a gunfight and annoy the person you killed. It's take 1-3 seconds so it wouldn't be a hassle out of combat and you don't get KABOOM BOOM raped every time you see that green aura.

like you'd have to wait for the animation of reloading the gun in order to shoot it? that's a pretty cool idea, as long as the reload time is long enough or can't be cancelled mid way through (ie. shot before it finishes reloading)

Message 31 of 44 (362 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Jan 12, 2014

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

I. I average 50-70 medals in my matches. This means that I can activate my Hammer time 4/5 times.

What wow teach me pls what. 

Do you feel me?

Message 32 of 44 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 12, 2014
Yeah, gotta wait the reload time.
Bang Bang!

Message 33 of 44 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 12, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
Well I'm definitely going to get some hate for this but it's worth it.

I honestly think kickbacks are fine however they should be dialled down. Less ammo and if it's a power weapon, it should be given to you with no bullets in the chamber. That way you can't use it straight away during a gunfight and annoy the person you killed. It's take 1-3 seconds so it wouldn't be a hassle out of combat and you don't get KABOOM BOOM raped every time you see that green aura.

like you'd have to wait for the animation of reloading the gun in order to shoot it? that's a pretty cool idea, as long as the reload time is long enough or can't be cancelled mid way through (ie. shot before it finishes reloading)

That could be easily done with UC3 now.

Well maybe not the animation.

There really wouldnt be need for the animation anyways though, just a delay from when you glow to when you can actually use the kickback.

Also for UC4 - I think silly kickbacks like smoke bomb (imo its not really fair either to just get a get out of jail free card) and creepy crawler should be removed as well as power weapon kickbacks and quickboom.

Kickbacks like SpeedyG, Militia-Man, Disruption(cursed), Explosives and ones like them are fine.

imo it would also be a bit of a waste if Megabomb and Cluster Bomb could not used in some way, they were a fun conception and it would be good if they could be used in UC4.

Maybe different modes could also have different kickbacks or maybe kickbacks should be limited to only certain modes - imo free for all should not have power weapons on the map (since the locations will always favour someone) so that would be an ideal mode for kickbacks. 3-team (or 4-teams of 2) would also be a good mode for kickbacks.

Message 34 of 44 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

duke_of_platypus wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

I. I average 50-70 medals in my matches. This means that I can activate my Hammer time 4/5 times.

Hax.

If you want to be like me, send $20 PSN card to my account and I give you unlimited health and ammo, I also hack your stats and give you 900,000 kills.

Spoiler
No really, all it is is playing alone + F2P Lobby + Map with lots of PW + PW kickback = 35+ kills & lots of medals. 

I think I broke 80 medals once in overtime in Highrise too. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 44 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 12, 2014

How many people agree that kickbacks in Co-op are actually good?

Kickbacks are what makes us finish the co-op games faster, which is what makes it superior to UC2's co-op. 

I wouldn't mind if they removed kickbacks from competitive and kept it in co-op. Actually, that'd probably be the best choice, in my opinion anyways.

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 44 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3521 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

Before I start my big wishlist, I want to let you know that I want to stop giving medals for simple things like running around for a certain distance, or climbing around, or sitting in cover, or other useless crap that doesn't involve skill...

OLD KICKBACKS:

RPG!!! - RPG's should be just hidden in the map (at different places each time, to prevent camping at certain areas and wait for the power weapon to appear)

Speedy G - I don't like this magical stuff and the kickback is kind of pointless, the people who use it use it only to abuse it for an alternative way to fleet foot...

Explosives - It can stay, but it's underpowered because of the grenade throwback, which has to be removed

Smoke Bomb - Tweak it so that you actually throwing a smoke bomb, like you can do in the last of us, not just magically respawning somewhere else

Militia Man - Fine as it is, not a fan of it, but doesn't bother me either

Cursed Idol - Fan favorite of mine, needs to be buffed though by not having to wait 10 seconds until it finally starts working, and make it somehow more teammate friendly, love to use it in plunder

Quick Boom - Remove that horribly overpowered kickback

Cash'em In - Good kickback for people that prefer to level up faster, it can stay

Sniper - Remove it, just like the RPG hide it into the map

Disruption - Remove it, it's pointless, and it is kind of weird to shut down someones HUD, it doesn't feel like it fits into the game, you play as an character, and disruption makes you not target other characters, but other players, and that doesn't seems good to me...

Shottie - Same as RPG and T-bolt

Carpet Bomb - Can stay, maybe buff it up to 5 and make it spread out a more, so that it's good to use in an area where you don't know exactly where the enemy is, but can use this to attack multiple places, also again remove grenade throwback

Gotcha - I am against every form of situational awareness so remove this crap

Clusterbomb - To weird for my taste, I prefer to see it removed, it has basically the same effect as Mega Bomb and I prefer that one because it's a buffed up grenade, seems a little more realistic to me, so keep that one and remove this one

Hammer Time - *Sigh* Just like RPG, T-Bolt and Shotgun...

Juggernout - To weird for my taste, like to have it removed just because it's weird, and it's just not fun to use...

Mega Bomb - Like I explained with Cluster Bomb, keep this one and remove grenade throwback

Creepy Crawler - Although I had some fun using this kickback, it's to weird for my taste, transforming into spiders, if they keep the kickback change it into releasing spiders and let them attack any player (except teammates, but they do attack you) that shoots a weapon, the sounds lures them towards them, so don't shoot a gun when using this kickback, make the spiders more powerful, perfect to use in team objective in a hill and forcing opponents to either use silencers (which I would like to see just like in the last of us) or don't shoot at all or flee or whatever, seems pretty cool to me Smiley Happy

NEW KICKBACKS:

Silencer (10 medals) - Pretty simple, puts a silencer temporarely on any gun you have for unlimeted time unless you die

BBQ (5 medals) - Spawnes a propane tank in your hands, so that we can have BBQ's in each map, and not just 3 of them or so, also those propane tanks need to be stronger, they are already harder to use as grenades, they need to be at least 50% stronger than grenades

Yeti (13 medals) - Just like Cursed Idol is a reference to Uncharted 1, Yeti could be a reference to Uncharted 2, for this kickback you get to put on the Yeti costume and basically become a guardian from Shambala, you have 3x the health, can run and climb faster, but are limited to melee and grenade attacks, seems epic Smiley Tongue

Message 37 of 44 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 13, 2014
So in other words, Mexicans running from one side of the map to the other in 3 seconds flat and nading/steel fisting. You should have really weak punches and the health should be different. If bullets, less damage. If you get punched, 0.5 damage.
Bang Bang!

Message 38 of 44 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3521 posts

Jan 13, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
So in other words, Mexicans running from one side of the map to the other in 3 seconds flat and nading/steel fisting. You should have really weak punches and the health should be different. If bullets, less damage. If you get punched, 0.5 damage.

who are you replying to?

Message 39 of 44 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3521 posts

Jan 13, 2014

duke_of_platypus wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

you don't even need to have 50-70 medals to activate your hammer kickback 4/5 times, just do this:

just have stealth buddy booster and have me as a buddy, I make 5 stealth kills average in a team deathmatch, don't worry about the medals Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 44 (286 Views)
0 Likes