Highlighted
Dec 17 2012
By: Hitman3315 Monster Hunter 33 posts

Suggestion for the next "Rare Treasure Weekend"...

12 replies 565 views Edited Dec 17, 2012
...Make the game drop actual RARE TREASURES.

I played about 60 games of hard/crushing Co-Op Arena and about 20 farming sessions of Hunter Arena this weekend. I killed over 6,000 NPC's in Arena, raided about 100 treasure boxes in Hunter, and probably killed 1,000 opponents in Hunter. Guess how many new rare treasures I collected out of the 3 that I've been needing for over a year now?

ZERO.

So, Naughty Dog: the next time you have a so-called "Rare Treasure Weekend", please make it worth our while. Instead of doubling the probability of getting a rare treasure (which the odds must be around 1 in 1,000,000 for the three I still need) maybe you should multiply it by a more effective number (10x? 100x?). Or maybe tweak it so the game ONLY drops rare treasures instead of the same non-rare treasures that I get all the time. Or if there's some rhyme or reason to getting certain treasures (i.e. playing with people who need the same treasure, playing on certain Arena maps for specific treasures, etc.) please share this information so trophy hunters don't have to resort to boosting/farming Hunter Arena (which has already ruined that mode for anyone hoping to play it legit).

I know there are other threads about how disappointing this "Rare Treasure" event was, but I'm really frustrated and felt the need to make my own post. I appreciate ND finally listening and attempting to do something to cater to those of us that either enjoy co-op and/or want 100% trophy completion, but this weekend only magnified how broken this treasure drop system is. If you refuse to fix it and want to have special weekends for rare drops... fine, whatever. But at least do them right and give us some legitimate hope that these treasures have some certainty of being attainable.

A .0002% chance of a rare drop instead of .0001% is not a fan-appreciation event. It feels like you're laughing in our faces.
Message 1 of 13 (565 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Re: Suggestion for the next "Rare Treasure Weekend"...

Dec 17, 2012

On a rare treasure weekend they should remove common treasures to allow the probability to go up.

But no. As always little Aureilia knows more about logical decisions than the big bad game developer..

I really hate knowing more than people who should by all rights be way smarter than I am.

Message 2 of 13 (525 Views)
Big Daddy
16351 posts

Dec 17, 2012
One more time: they are trying to goad you into BUYING what you want at the store. Rare treasure drops are only 2-3 tones more likely. 2 or 3 times nearly-zero is skill nearly-zero.
They just want you to say, Ah, screw it, I'll buy the hat..."

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 3 of 13 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Dec 17, 2012

scootgar wrote:

The prob is that most people that want those coop treasures are after 1 thing : trophies.

Simple as that, they wont buy the hat because they don't want it, they simply want that 100% back.

I gave up on the treasures but the trophies made me come back and yeah I gave up again, screw that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 13 (442 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

scootgar wrote:

The prob is that most people that want those coop treasures are after 1 thing : trophies.

Simple as that, they wont buy the hat because they don't want it, they simply want that 100% back.

I gave up on the treasures but the trophies made me come back and yeah I gave up again, screw that.

Yep the 100% that they stole from me.

Message 5 of 13 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I have a suggestion: Make the rare treasures drop for real! 

This weekend was a fail for me, to be honest!

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 6 of 13 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1854 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I was really busy this weekend, I've played like 3 matches and got only 1 new treasure. They should do another one soon and increase the drop rate even more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 7 of 13 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Dec 17, 2012

This "Rare Treasure Weekend" phrase really should've came with an asterik explaining that only repeats of rare treasures everyone in the match has will drop. 

I'm more than a little paraniod that ND prevented me from getting any of the remaining treasures I needed for Arena. I know it might be crazytalk, but I had every other treasure in those sets drop, and the only times when the treasure takes a while to load (without anything occuring like the round ending/earning a medal/etc.) which usually indicates a new treasure I have yet to get, it was...a repeat from the set. 

The only benefit of this weekend was the 2XP. ND needs to get their **** together for the next treasure weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 8 of 13 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I unlocked my final Arena/Hunter treasure in the weekend, but only via no-lifing hunter.

Although a biased view now I have all the treasures, but these weekends are fine and already as helpful as they need to be.
Message 9 of 13 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Dec 17, 2012

They should increase the treasure drop the more you play. It could be based off legacy (probably not, since their are quite a few people who haven't legacied but still have spent a lot of time) or time/hours spent playing. See, I just solved it! Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 10 of 13 (342 Views)
0 Likes