Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 24 2012
By: jjjkur Survivor 2178 posts

Support for Ping Based Matchmaking

[ Edited ]
22 replies 343 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

Sure you could say ND screwed up a lot in this game, but the biggest blunder was matchmaking. 1.15 will fix party splitting apparently, and that's good, but what we really need is ping based matchmaking. ND really wants people to be on an even Playing field, what with crappy power plays and this level based matchmaking. But how is someone an even playing field if their opponents have long range shotguns? If they're opponents always have double damage on and teleport. Dedicated servers were never viable for a player so small, but this can happen. How many of you complain about foreigners? If ping based matchmaking goes through, lag will decrease dramatically, and you will run into laggy foreigners a lot less often due to their high pings. Please support this and help ND improve the biggest gameplay issue of all. 

Message 1 of 23 (343 Views)
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: Support for Ping Based Matchmaking

Sep 24, 2012
They already take the latency into account during the matchmaking. It's just that the player pool isn't large enough to always get you matched up with players close to where you are.
Message 2 of 23 (333 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Ping based matchmaking is a great idea, maybe of they give us a "optimal game" toggle it could help, so that we do not always have to back out of matchmaking when it reaches "any players"

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 3 of 23 (331 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4345 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I support this.
Message 4 of 23 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Sep 24, 2012
It's not going to happen. The player pool is simply not large enough, not to mention that there are too many different game modes and DLC toggles that dillute the player pool.
Message 5 of 23 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 24, 2012

tln_SWE wrote:
It's not going to happen. The player pool is simply not large enough, not to mention that there are too many different game modes and DLC toggles that dillute the player pool.

Exactly. 

I would like a ping based matchmaking, but it aint gonna happen for what was mentioned in the above post

Message 6 of 23 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2216 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Isn't it ping based already? I'm not an expert with this kind of thing but I'm form The Netherlands and most people I meet online are also Dutch. But its probably not locked because I also find plenty of Asian's and American's.

Signature02.png

Message 7 of 23 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

tln_SWE wrote:
They already take the latency into account during the matchmaking. It's just that the player pool isn't large enough to always get you matched up with players close to where you are.

If I'm online on Uncharted at 2:30PM UK time. Considering I'm in the UK I should at least find Europeans. Nope. Instead it matches me to Japanese, Brazillians, Mexicans and such

Not an attack on those I'm sure it's just as bad for them.

But since I'm playing at a suitable time I'm pretty sure there are more Europeans playing it than just me.

It simply cannot be ping based if this is happening.

Message 8 of 23 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Sep 24, 2012
If i was Obama, i would approve this message.
Message 9 of 23 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

Isn't it ping based already? I'm not an expert with this kind of thing but I'm form The Netherlands and most people I meet online are also Dutch. But its probably not locked because I also find plenty of Asian's and American's.

Same, I swear I also saw in one of the patch notse that they were connection based.

Do you feel me?

Message 10 of 23 (251 Views)