Highlighted
Apr 18 2011
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Sweet, finally split screen....but...

15 replies 40 views Edited Apr 18, 2011

I saw an IGN article today (as many of you did) and I saw 3 things I didnt like. 

1.  split screen divides the TV too much.   2/4 the screen is for 1&2 player, and 2/4 is for your clan tag?  I play on a 19" TV.  I dont want to have to buy binoculars or a brand new TV just to play split screen

2.  Picture quality dicreases.  the editor said some words were even unreadable?  I hope it isnt too bad... I kind of figured there'd be some sacrificing...

3.  No matchmaking split screen?  Sure co-op missions are great, but when I want to play against people online, it'll be old fashioned 1 player per console crud again?  Lame.

Message 1 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Without revealing too much, yes you will be able to play...

Apr 18, 2011
Without revealing too much, yes you will be able to play in Matchmaking with splitscreens. The exception for this will be Free For All, which would, of course, be very unfair :smileyhappy:

Regards,

EvangM
ND Dev Team
Message 2 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

In that case, it sounds awesome.  In the IGN interview it...

Apr 18, 2011

EvangM wrote:
Without revealing too much, yes you will be able to play in Matchmaking with splitscreens. The exception for this will be Free For All, which would, of course, be very unfair :smileyhappy:

Regards,

EvangM
ND Dev Team

In that case, it sounds awesome.  In the IGN interview it said it wasnt allowed in matchmaking though I might have just misheard or something.

I cant wait.  No longer will my friends and family have to sit around and watch eachother play.  I cant tell you how many times I've had family and friends play on my account because they wanted to take turns.

Can not wait. 

Message 3 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Agree 100%

Apr 18, 2011

Goldhawk1 wrote:

EvangM wrote:

Regards,

EvangM
ND Dev Team

In that case, it sounds awesome.  In the IGN interview it said it wasnt allowed in matchmaking though I might have just misheard or something.

I cant wait.  No longer will my friends and family have to sit around and watch eachother play.  I cant tell you how many times I've had family and friends play on my account because they wanted to take turns.

Can not wait. 

My partner and I do a thing called tag-team.  Three deaths, it's someone else's turn.  GGRRRRRR.  Thank-you Naughty-Dog!

Message 4 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

lol yeah.  I think this is a fantastic idea.  There were...

Apr 18, 2011

Banting-Best wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

EvangM wrote:

Regards,

EvangM
ND Dev Team

Can not wait. 

My partner and I do a thing called tag-team.  Three deaths, it's someone else's turn.  GGRRRRRR.  Thank-you Naughty-Dog!

lol yeah.  I think this is a fantastic idea.  There were so many times in Uncharted 2 where I'd want to jump in and help the person playing or wishing I had a second person there to kind of back me up. 

My little nephew who is 10 (posted on the forums once)  always nags and nags and nags me about playing.  Its all he ever wants to do and all he ever wants to talk about is uncharted. 

Message 5 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

That sounds really cute!

Apr 18, 2011

What's NOT cute though is two middle aged geezers saying stuff like "I was here first!" and "It's MY turn!!",  "Not it's not, I've only died TWICE!"  Ugh, can't believe my own ears sometimes!

Message 6 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

lol everyone's childish at some point.  Plus, there can b...

Apr 18, 2011

Banting-Best wrote:

What's NOT cute though is two middle aged geezers saying stuff like "I was here first!" and "It's MY turn!!",  "Not it's not, I've only died TWICE!"  Ugh, can't believe my own ears sometimes!

lol everyone's childish at some point.  Plus, there can be worse things said at that age.  Glad to hear (so far) it isnt the things that I have heard. 

Message 7 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

this is probably the most postive thing coming out for me...

Apr 18, 2011
this is probably the most postive thing coming out for me from this game, perhaps I can finally convince buddies to getting this game through a taster on split screen and I have a younger brother who sometimes enjoys playing with me
Message 8 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3086 posts

This split screen is great, im gonna be hooked on that fo...

Apr 18, 2011

This split screen is great, im gonna be hooked on that fo sho!

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 9 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Can someone post a picture of how the splitscreen will lo...

Apr 18, 2011

Can someone post a picture of how the splitscreen will look like? I haven't noticed it in the videos...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 10 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes