Highlighted
Aug 19 2012
By: RevisIsland78 Uncharted Territory 1290 posts

TDM Treasures should be Removed from Elimination

[ Edited ]
48 replies 535 views Edited Sep 2, 2012

***I asked ND about this in the September Q&A Thread. Kudo it please so they'll notice the question and respond. Thanks!***

LINK: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Q-amp-A-with-the-Naughty-Dog-De...

*First of all, I know this has been said before, but there isn't really a big thread dedicated to it, so I decided to make one myself.*

Back before 1.13 and 1.14, having TDM treasures in Elimination made sense. There wasn't anything to make Elim treasures, and TDM is the most similar mode. Fast forward to now, and TDM treasures in Elim are a pain. They make the new Elim treasures for Stat Hats very hard to obtain due to them being combined and Elim not being a mode where you can get many kills. This is frustrating, so I propose that TDM treasures are eliminated from Elimination. (Pun intended, just sayin'. Smiley Wink)

This would appear to be any easy change based on past experiences with Naughty Dog changing treasures. It would be a nice, convenient fix that likely would require a patch, so maybe 1.15? Also, speaking of new patches, make sure to touch base on ROF M9, Co-op, technical fixes, and the Splitscreen Customization Glitches.

Any thoughts? Do you agree that TDM treasures are pointless in Elim? Post your opinion below.

Thanks for reading.
-Revis [900th Post!]

Message 1 of 49 (535 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

Re: TDM Treasures should be Removed from Elimination

Aug 19, 2012

I completely agree. I wanted to make a thread about this subject myself, but decided no to. Why? Because of all the useless threads the last days created by a certain person drowning the useful ones down to the bottom.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 2 of 49 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2012

Yeah, elimination will be a pain when I get around to treasure hunting in it. Hardcore is just as bad if not worse in it's own way.

Message 3 of 49 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2381 posts

Aug 19, 2012

I'm actually happy there is no trophy for competitive treasures. The elimination ones would be annoying to get. They get removed every round and most of them are TDM treasures making it very hard to get them all.

Message 4 of 49 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2111 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Agreed. Elimination should also have it's own guns. Perhaps give Cutter a pistol?

Message 5 of 49 (494 Views)
Sackboy
462 posts

Aug 19, 2012

I support. I'm going to start hunting for the space helmet soon.

Message 6 of 49 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Aug 19, 2012

It's funny, coz 10 days ago I posted a thread with the exact same title: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Team-Deathmatch-treasures-shoul...

I mean, I know you said that you knew it's been said before, but the exact same thread? Kinda different...

Whatever, on these forums nothing surprises me these days. 

Message 7 of 49 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Disagree. I still lose either way.

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Aug 19, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

It's funny, coz 10 days ago I posted a thread with the exact same title: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Team-Deathmatch-treasures-shoul...

I mean, I know you said that you knew it's been said before, but the exact same thread? Kinda different...

Your thread was short and didn't go into detail...
Message 9 of 49 (456 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 19, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Your thread was short and didn't go into detail...

True, but you could've bumped it with more reasons as to why it should be changed, and sam could've possibly even edited the OP to include your logic. 

I support the change, but I also think increased drops wouldn't hurt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 10 of 49 (452 Views)