Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 9, 2013
YEP
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 187 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

Well.. SP.. Is amazing. Way better than U3 was.

The old argument over Uncharted being an older game is not an excuse for Uncharted 3's abysmal script writing and terrible ideas such as the sand of sleepy death which sent many gamers to sleep.

Multiplayer? Gameplay.. Nowhere near.
 However...

Weapon Balancing, Lag and other things have Uncharted 3 beaten multiplayer wise. I'd prefer to be on a multiplayer with one bad element rather than a multiplayer with about 5.. So I'd have to say as bad as Tomb Raider is as a multiplayer, it's still better than Uncharted 3.

Uncharted 2 is still king of multiplayers and I'd still be there if I had friends playing it.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 187 (566 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 9, 2013

So Tomb Raider's single player is better than Uncharted, sure, I can agree with that. Despite UC3's problems UC3 multiplayer>Tomb Raider Multiplayer.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 187 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Mar 9, 2013
I disagree, Lara is awesome but the rest of the cast suck imo. All characters in Uncharted are memorable.

Multiplayer in Tomb Raider is broken trash imo, Unchrarted can be a joke too but this is a failure.

Also reach level 60 in multiplayer trophy? This angers me, should be a DLC trophy.
 photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 187 (541 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 9, 2013

XPaddyCFCX wrote:
I disagree, Lara is awesome but the rest of the cast suck imo. All characters in Uncharted are memorable.

Multiplayer in Tomb Raider is broken trash imo, Unchrarted can be a joke too but this is a failure.

Also reach level 60 in multiplayer trophy? This angers me, should be a DLC trophy.

That I agree with 100%.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 187 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

XPaddyCFCX wrote:

That I agree with 100%.

Each of the characters in Tomb Raider were more real. Alex was always jealous of Lara, seeing her in action he wanted to be just like her. He felt outcasted, like he needed to do something for the group. Whitman was overly ambitious and greedy, willing to go far and beyond, endangering the lives of everyone just to do so. Sam was Lara's best friend, a sweet and kind girl who got dragged along by Lara. Reyes is solely trying to get off the island, blaming Lara for much and wanting just to get to her daughter. Roth was Lara's father like figure when her parent's died, trying to help her get through this despite her not listening to him all the time. Jonah was the one who tried to calm things along, remaining optimistic when everyone else was really down. Grim was an old man who helped out Roth and Lara's dad, he was very sincere and heroic at times. It is why/how they act in game that makes them memorable.

(spoilers)

Grim for example, was trying to help Lara free the others. When he gets taken hostage, they demand that Lara throws her weapons away, basically surrendering. Grim tells Lara not to as his neck starts to get slit, Lara caves to which Grim ends up starting to fight back which gets him killed in the process. It was memorable because he chose to make a sacrifice to save Lara and the rest of the Endurance crew when Lara tried to save him. He knew they would all be killed if Lara stopped fighting, so he made the choice not to let her save him. Alex on the other hand, when rescued by Lara felt useless, he kept cracking jokes but deep down felt like he needed to prove himself. He ends up going to get tools from the Endurance alone, and Lara comes saves him to find him stuck under the ships parts. When Lara says she can't leave him, he tells her that people like him never get to be the heroes, showing how much he wanted to show Lara the type of person he was (commenting on how much **bleep** she kicked and how smart she was.) He could have chose to beg her to stay, for both of them to die but he made her leave knowing it was his own fault and that two of them shouldn't die for one of their mistakes. Lara feels guilty over getting them all in this, and each person who dies (with Reyes even commenting that everyone near Lara is dying) makes Lara feel guilty as she brought them all here.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 187 (516 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Mar 9, 2013
I feel like Max Payne 3 kicked Uncharted's arse too. Good times, good times.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 187 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

Mar 9, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I feel like Max Payne 3 kicked Uncharted's arse too. Good times, good times.

In the SP. Yes, it did.

Then again. Hannah Montana was a better game than Uncharted 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 187 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Bro, a lot of games did better than sand walking junk.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 187 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2583 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

BTW, this post contains endgame spoilers so don't read if you haven't played it yet. :smileyhappy:

Dr. Whitman betrays the group and teams up with Mathias and the Japanese ghost thing wants to use her descendant which is Sam as her new vessel. Mathias kills Dr. Whitman by using him as bait and he wants to free the ghost thing cause he thinks it will free him from the island. Lara kills Mathias, and the ghost thing so everything is alright. For her friends who didn't die at least. Grim, Alex and Roth are kinda in a crappy place cause they're kinda dead. Also, the Japanese ghost thing's anger causes the storms in the game or whatevs.

Overall it was a very good reboot plot while staying true to the series. It was kinda like Tomb Raider's Batman Begins.

Edit: Added spoiler alert at beginning of content for those who haven't made it to that point in the game yet. :smileywink:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 187 (484 Views)
0 Likes