Survivor
2224 posts

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 9, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Dr. Whitman betrays the group and teams up with Mathias and the Japanese ghost thing wants to use her descendant which is Sam as her new vessel. Mathias kills Dr. Whitman by using him as bait and he wants to free the ghost thing cause he thinks it will free him from the island. Lara kills Mathias, and the ghost thing so everything is alright. For her friends who didn't die at least. Grim, Alex and Roth are kinda in a crappy place cause they're kinda dead. Also, the Japanese ghost thing's anger causes the storms in the game or whatevs.

Overall it was a very good reboot plot while staying true to the series. It was kinda like Tomb Raider's Batman Begins.

BTW, this post contains endgame spoilers so don't read if you haven't played it yet. :smileyhappy:

Should have made that bigger, and included it at the beginning of your post. I got that far in the game but others may not have.

Message 21 of 187 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10182 posts

Mar 10, 2013
**bleep** IT I WAS GOING TO PLAY STORY MODE D:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 22 of 187 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1996 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

You know I would be angry, but I'm not because I already spoiled the story myself. LoL

Message 23 of 187 (476 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Turtle-Shield wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kQRGz7Xzbc

I love uncharted but the new tomb raider is sick amazing graphics, fine details, amazing set pieces, releastic conversations, much more mature the uncharted.

ND step up your game YOU GOT OWNED 

People compare as if the games are exactly the same and direct competitors. They're not. Haven't seen multiplayer gameplay, I'm guessing people don't like it all too much. But as far as SP goes, it's almost completely different. The TR story is complete drama, with no other elements except maybe shock, which I would put under drama. Uncharted goes for; Comedy, Drama and very deep character progression. I haven't seen any deep character progression or comedy in TR. Not to mention Uncharted is a third person shooter, with linear progression and set pieces and hilarious dilouge to carry out the SP campaighn. It's a formula ND has used since Drake's fortune. They're not that similar, at least in my opinion. I'm skipping on TR, as I haven't seen anything that made me say "WOW". Not many games do that to me anymore. last games to do so were Borderlands 2 and Halo 4.

Message 24 of 187 (458 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10182 posts

Mar 10, 2013
The big difference is that Lara Croft is an archeologist like Indy Jones.

Drake is pratically a pirate and a mercenary, and he even does contracts (Uncharted 2). He's comparable to Indy because he's funny and a dude.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 25 of 187 (449 Views)
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Turtle-Shield wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kQRGz7Xzbc

I love uncharted but the new tomb raider is sick amazing graphics, fine details, amazing set pieces, releastic conversations, much more mature the uncharted.

ND step up your game YOU GOT OWNED 

People compare as if the games are exactly the same and direct competitors. They're not. Haven't seen multiplayer gameplay, I'm guessing people don't like it all too much. But as far as SP goes, it's almost completely different. The TR story is complete drama, with no other elements except maybe shock, which I would put under drama. Uncharted goes for; Comedy, Drama and very deep character progression. I haven't seen any deep character progression or comedy in TR. Not to mention Uncharted is a third person shooter, with linear progression and set pieces and hilarious dilouge to carry out the SP campaighn. It's a formula ND has used since Drake's fortune. They're not that similar, at least in my opinion. I'm skipping on TR, as I haven't seen anything that made me say "WOW". Not many games do that to me anymore. last games to do so were Borderlands 2 and Halo 4.

I feel like Last of Us is going to be more like Tomb Raider, at lest on the emotional side 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 26 of 187 (437 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 10, 2013
I agree, but TLOU has had me saying "WOW" since day 1, I'll be picking it up for sure.
Message 27 of 187 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6494 posts

Mar 10, 2013

If thats the case, Watchdogs will be better than both of these games

MUHAHAHAHA

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 28 of 187 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10182 posts

Mar 10, 2013
^ I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! The game was sooo bad-**bleep**.

I mean, a guy who can hack with this phone AND he kicks arse! That's like... **bleep**!
Message 29 of 187 (415 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013
If you think the the reach level 60 throphy is bad... There's another throphy that forces you to reach level 52 of the third prestige to unlock the final skin :-/.

Anyway, I really liked the single player of Tomb Raider. The story isn't that good but the game has a very nice atmosphere imho. It gave me a bit of a Lost vibe. With the evil Locke-like antagonist, the Island setting with artifacts from different time periods and mysterious powers seemingly effecting the state of the Island etc. Gameplay wise the game is very much like Uncharted with less emphasis on shooting action in favour of more traversal and puzzle gameplay. I found the combat to be verry easy. I put it on hard mode but that is like playing Uncharted on normal. it's still to easy. The puzzles were also very easy. Allthough i preferred them over most of UC's because you had to solve them on your own instead of with Drake's spoiler journal. So difficulty wise it seems to be a game that was made more for the casual market. The thing I liked the most about the game is that, allthough it steals a lot of ideas from other games, it somehow shows that a lot of love went into making it... Also, Lara looks great and is well animated and the island setting is very diverse with some amazing vistas. Another link with Uncharted is that Lara's mentor in the game has the same voice actor as Tenzin and Talbot :-).

About the multiplayer. It plays very much like Uncharted. Being an experienced UC player it was easy to pick up. lotsa UC tricks like fleet footing and making effective use of corners also work really well in this game. Sadly enough the game is very laggy at the moment and the framerate is also a bit choppy. So, perfomance wise I think it's a game that needs a big patch asap. I also think that the deatmatch mode is very boring. Due to the fact that each side only has one main spawn point (besides buddy spawning) the game allows for some excessive spawn camping. I do like the game's plunder mode. But I have to admit that isn't very balanced because the heroes side and the villains side both have different goals during a match. The heroes have to move 5 medical supplies (plunder idols) to a drop off point while the villains have to kill 20 heroes. The villains goal is much harder to achieve because they not only have to shoot a player down but they also have to close in for a melee attack to register a kill. Meanwhile, the heroes only have to shoot the villains down to get kills AND they can revive each other if they are downed. Also, you walk really fast with the medical supplies. It's like beast mode level 3. There is also a turf war/ kill confirmed mode which suffers from a similair balance issue. Still, I can see myself playing the game for quite some time if they manage to fix the performance issues. Especially the atrocious lag. Also, the game doesn't have a proper lobby system. So I think it's a chore to set up a team with friends (haven't tried it because not many of my psn friends have bought the game). Anyway, anyone that wants to play, feel free to add me.
Message 30 of 187 (410 Views)