Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
185 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 11, 2013

MY OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOUR OPINION, RARG!!!

Message 71 of 187 (277 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/12/2011
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 11, 2013

I wouldn't even contemplate arguing that Uncharted 2 does a better job, thats just a fact and Uncharted 3 made the gameplay more fluid but downgraded the story slightly. Its still just as good to me maybe Uncharted 2 has a bit of a lead.

 

I get the adapatability, but it never showed her go through this stage just cry then murder, I mean isn't this meant to be about her first adventure and she turns in to the Lara we know in 2 minutes? i do enjoy this game no doubt but i haven't enjoyed a game series as much as i have Uncharted not since the original Hitman games.

 

I belive they are the same as i said platform, kill 100 dudes, cut scene same stuff. As BG said, yes Tomb Raider has more exploration which is cool but not as cool as falling out of a burning plane and being saved by a box with a parachute! 

 photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 72 of 187 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
2195 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

XPaddyCFCX wrote:

I wouldn't even contemplate arguing that Uncharted 2 does a better job, thats just a fact and Uncharted 3 made the gameplay more fluid but downgraded the story slightly. Its still just as good to me maybe Uncharted 2 has a bit of a lead.

 

I get the adapatability, but it never showed her go through this stage just cry then murder, I mean isn't this meant to be about her first adventure and she turns in to the Lara we know in 2 minutes? i do enjoy this game no doubt but i haven't enjoyed a game series as much as i have Uncharted not since the original Hitman games.

 

I belive they are the same as i said platform, kill 100 dudes, cut scene same stuff. As BG said, yes Tomb Raider has more exploration which is cool but not as cool as falling out of a burning plane and being saved by a box with a parachute! 


I liked Uncharted 2 much more than I did Uncharted 3, for me story has to be good otherwise I won't be that interested (not to say I don't love good gameplay, but I love games that has a story.)

 

She didn't actually become that 'Lara.' (Spoilers) For example when Grim is having a weapon to his throat, he tells Lara to not save him but she doesn't listen showing she still has some form of compassion in her. She doesn't automatically become some killer who downright goes and doesn't feel empathy. Even when Reyes points out everyone close to Lara dies after Alex is dies, she says that maybe it would be better if they all stayed away. She shows that she doubts herself, even when listening to her Journals when she sits at camp. Only in the end when she decides to be more like her father, and not to go home straight away do we see the version of Lara we still know. Throughout the whole story she is only trying to save the Endurance Crew members because she made them go to the Dragon's Triangle and caused them this grief. There were tons of cool scenes in Tomb Raider, like when she has to go across the bridge with Roth covering her or the scene with lots of explosions where she is running across the bridge. Lara even crashes with Roth when their plane goes down in the storm, either you haven't played Tomb Raider enough or you're just defending Uncharted because you can. Tomb Raider has the same cinematic (actually better in my eyes) as Uncharted and story. Although the characters could have been better developed, if you found the journals or actually understood them you'd know why they leave a mark on you. (Alex wanting to prove to his crush Lara, that he can be as dangerous and smart as her which ultimately gets him killed. Roth trying to make Lara understand that sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the better of everyone when she doesn't listen, had she not gone after Alex than Sam wouldn't have been kidnapped again.) Just because you see a character doesn't mean you understand them, there was tons of journals which told you more about each of them that helped developed them. In Uncharted 3 we just had Marlowe, and Talbot not really much background information. We even see Mathias's journals in which he starts to go crazy after so long. Point being Tomb Raider did a much better job gameplay wise, and story wise than Uncharted 3. Perhaps not Uncharted 2, but personally Uncharted 2 had an amazing multiplayer and single player (before ND screwed up the multiplayer with their patch.) Tomb Raider's multiplayer isn't amazing, but it blows UDF and UC3 out of the water via SP,  Uncharted 2 and Tomb Raider had amazing SP.

 

As for the reviews. Uncharted 2 was reviewed for its multiplayer and single player (I believe) so it is understandable how it got better than Tomb Raider. There are some things reviewers do wrong, and really basing whether or not a game is good based on reviews is stupid. You'll know if you love a game, and only your opinion matters. Their job is to make you think they are smarter than you (i.e they know what they are talking about.) Reviews are good to collect information and base whether or not you should try a game, not to take it to heart and heed their every word.

 

 

Raptr Gamercard
Message 73 of 187 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/12/2011
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 11, 2013

"As for the reviews. Uncharted 2 was reviewed for its multiplayer and single player (I believe) so it is understandable how it got better than Tomb Raider. There are some things reviewers do wrong, and really basing whether or not a game is good based on reviews is stupid. You'll know if you love a game, and only your opinion matters. Their job is to make you think they are smarter than you (i.e they know what they are talking about.) Reviews are good to collect information and base whether or not you should try a game, not to take it to heart and heed their every word."

 

This i can agree with 100%. Alright fair enough maybe if Crystal Dynamics release another 2 games, improving on characters and what not, It could compete with Uncharted because Im guessing U4 will be out before the next TR so hopefully it blows everyone away like U2 did.

 

 

 photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 74 of 187 (258 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/30/2011
Offline
1429 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 11, 2013

How I would describe Tomb Raider multiplayer.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PNGoGzXziA

 

It is worth watching :smileyhappy:

Message 75 of 187 (253 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
16259 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 11, 2013
Rented TR over the weekend. I'm old enough to have played the original on PSOne when it wad something new and original.
The SP is great fun. Basically Uncharted with a protagonist with T&A. I'll be buying a copy to play, I really enjoyed it.

The MP, though, is horrible.



The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.


Message 76 of 187 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1109 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Rented TR over the weekend. I'm old enough to have played the original on PSOne when it wad something new and original.
The SP is great fun. Basically Uncharted with a protagonist with T&A. I'll be buying a copy to play, I really enjoyed it.

The MP, though, is horrible.

Sounds like a good game to buy Used. 

 

Nothing Surprised with the Multiplayer though...   Eidos Montreal / Square Enix meh...

 

 

Message 77 of 187 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 11, 2013

Turtle-Shield wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kQRGz7Xzbc

I love uncharted but the new tomb raider is sick amazing graphics, fine details, amazing set pieces, releastic conversations, much more mature the uncharted.

 

ND step up your game YOU GOT OWNED 


LM AO I hope this is a joke because this is the DUMBEST video and commentary.  

 

This guy babbling on and on with explicitives (this guy is really struggling with his words) and GAVE NO STATEMENTS AS TO WHY TR IS BETTER.  This video had ZERO substance and this dude basically repeated himself over and over and over again.  This guy should learn to use his words, make your point and back it up with facts/opinions.  My 8 year old nephew has a better vocab and probably could do a better summary than this garbage.

 

I don't know what's worse: You bringing up this video , this guy struggling to form sentences in the video , or me watching this and commenting on it on my lunch break LOL.

 

 

Message 78 of 187 (197 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10073 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 11, 2013
Are you guys really arguing over Nate and Lara?


Do you want me to bring in Indy Jones?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 79 of 187 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Online
1888 posts
 

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Turtle-Shield wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kQRGz7Xzbc

I love uncharted but the new tomb raider is sick amazing graphics, fine details, amazing set pieces, releastic conversations, much more mature the uncharted.

 

ND step up your game YOU GOT OWNED 


LM AO I hope this is a joke because this is the DUMBEST video and commentary.  

 

This guy babbling on and on with explicitives (this guy is really struggling with his words) and GAVE NO STATEMENTS AS TO WHY TR IS BETTER.  This video had ZERO substance and this dude basically repeated himself over and over and over again.  This guy should learn to use his words, make your point and back it up with facts/opinions.  My 8 year old nephew has a better vocab and probably could do a better summary than this garbage.

 

I don't know what's worse: You bringing up this video , this guy struggling to form sentences in the video , or me watching this and commenting on it on my lunch break LOL.

 

 


He is from New York he has some sort of accent and he pronounces some words differently ex) he says "aks" instead of "ask". I wouldn't say his video was dumb, it was actually ok and he was some what right. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 80 of 187 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes