Sackboy
391 posts

Re: TOMB RAIDER OWNS UNCHARTED (ND take notes)

Mar 30, 2013
Just finished TR single player, my thoughts, OK but not great, nowhere near as much fun as uc2 I felt badly let down by uc3 campaign so I'm probably not able to objectively compare the two. I spent about an hour playing multiplayer and I probably won't again even though I generally like to complete trophy sets. But any way no UC3 definitely did not get owned by tomb raider. Single player mechanics are ok for the main part, I didn't like the automatic cover system, and the upgrades to weapons removed any sort of challenge from the gunplay. If you like stuff to find and collect there is loads, just nothing I cared about. The gameplay in general I felt was stale by the end of the story, and the characters were never really developed so you cared about them, TBH I was fairly glad to get to the end as I was starting to get bored
Please use plain text.
Message 161 of 187 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2197 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
I spent about an hour playing multiplayer and I probably won't again even though I generally like to complete trophy sets.

don't even worry about the trophies if you typically don't like to grind out for them: you have to unlock/buy everything and to do that you would have to be 3rd prestige level 58 (there is a glitch to get it at level 60 no prestige, but even going to level 60 once is grindfull enough (1.77 million xp + you have to farm for salvage) ... it takes more xp to get to the top level than in uncharted and you receive far more xp in "legit" games in TR (you can boost in custom games, like i did, but it still takes a while)

Please use plain text.
Message 162 of 187 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Tomb Raider is much better than Uncharted 3 multiplayer wise..

Better Vantage points..

Lower Health..

Less ways to get to someone camping..

Mines and Traps..

Bows..

Bunnyhopping is much more effective..

Ammo crates everywere..

Less annoying party system, also you can switch sides if it is unbalanced and even leave if its to your liking, unlike uncharted who locks you in..

spawns are much better instead of them spawning random and behind you now you can predict and know enemy wereabouts..

sniping actually works instead of a slow scope pile of crap like uncharted snipers

maps are better spread out so sniping works instead of having some crazed blindfire noob shot you 2 feet away you can actually enjoy sniping..

my Uncharted 3 KDR..1.9?? W/L ratio..not even 1..

Tomb Raider KDR..almost 4...W/L ratio.. almost 5...NO PARTYs either..

i rest my case.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 163 of 187 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2197 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

i stopped reading after i saw this

Please use plain text.
Message 164 of 187 (111 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 2, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Uncharted 3 multiplayer is garbage! Random Spawns?? Really? What for a free kill from behind? High Health? Really ND could you promote double teaming anymore? Not able to back out of lobbies? Are you serious? No claymores or mines to kill the mindless dumb runner and gunners? 1000 ways to get to someones tactical spot? Are you serious, whos idea was it to add the extra climbing walls to the fort spawns on each side??

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 165 of 187 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Uncharted 3 multiplayer is garbage! Random Spawns?? Really? What for a free kill from behind? High Health? Really ND could you promote double teaming anymore? Not able to back out of lobbies? Are you serious? No claymores or mines to kill the mindless dumb runner and gunners? 1000 ways to get to someones tactical spot? Are you serious, whos idea was it to add the extra climbing walls to the fort spawns on each side??

I've never seen a guy making so little sense as you do...

Tomb Raider is a very awesome game, the single player that is, I have played a couple of multiplayer match, in which I did pretty well so don't go say that...

- the spawn system in Tomb Raider is not good, you respawn always at the same place (unless you buddy spawn), so people are always fighting at the same spot in the map...

- there is nothing wrong with high health, besides, Tomb Raider's health is just as high if not higher, but the aiming mechanics are a lot friendlier and better too, and what is wrong with double teaming, I never understood that, have you never heard of teamwork?

- back out of lobby's, ok, let's ragequit the easy way when we come across high levels, is that what you want?

- don't be a hypocrite, you and someone else were the only 2 forumers that were against a hipfire nerf in my thread, so why do you suddenly hate hipfire, makes sense...

- camping doesn't make a game more fun, of course for sniping you need to camp more, and Uncharted has those spots where you can snipe easily...

- those climbable walls at the fort were a very good idea, it was aweful having all those campers cornershoot behind those walls over the map, good they fixed that so people can make stealth kills on them by flanking them...

Please use plain text.
Message 166 of 187 (83 Views)
Survivor
2197 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

wow seriously? you are saying that the ability to camp is a good thing?! please get off this forum, go to tomb raider or cod's forum, this game and forum is not for you 

Please use plain text.
Message 167 of 187 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

I've never seen a guy making so little sense as you do...

Tomb Raider is a very awesome game, the single player that is, I have played a couple of multiplayer match, in which I did pretty well so don't go say that...

- the spawn system in Tomb Raider is not good, you respawn always at the same place (unless you buddy spawn), so people are always fighting at the same spot in the map...

- there is nothing wrong with high health, besides, Tomb Raider's health is just as high if not higher, but the aiming mechanics are a lot friendlier and better too, and what is wrong with double teaming, I never understood that, have you never heard of teamwork?

- back out of lobby's, ok, let's ragequit the easy way when we come across high levels, is that what you want?

- don't be a hypocrite, you and someone else were the only 2 forumers that were against a hipfire nerf in my thread, so why do you suddenly hate hipfire, makes sense...

- camping doesn't make a game more fun, of course for sniping you need to camp more, and Uncharted has those spots where you can snipe easily...

- those climbable walls at the fort were a very good idea, it was aweful having all those campers cornershoot behind those walls over the map, good they fixed that so people can make stealth kills on them by flanking them...

Climbable walls everywere there is good spots is a BAD idea, how are you suppose to set back, chill, and snipe when you are constantly looking above your head and around the corners worried someone will climb those stupid walls rather than fight there way from the front? its lame. Thats why i always loved socom, i can chill back, set in the grass, and kil all day no worries. The skill was in finding me. And Tomb Raider double teaming is a lot less for some reason. And yes you shouldnt be forced into a lose/lose game situation, games are meant to be FUN not like some forcable rape against my stats geesh you pervs..

Please use plain text.
Message 168 of 187 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2197 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

And yes you shouldnt be forced into a lose/lose game situation, games are meant to be FUN not like some forcable rape against my stats geesh you pervs..

i somewhat understood what you were trying to say until i read this ... i'm so confused :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 169 of 187 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 2, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

And yes you shouldnt be forced into a lose/lose game situation, games are meant to be FUN not like some forcable rape against my stats geesh you pervs..

i somewhat understood what you were trying to say until i read this ... i'm so confused :smileyfrustrated:

I am compairing Uncharted 3's lack of ability to back out of the lobby before the game starts to date rape. I shouldn't have a bad experience forced upon me, if i know its unfair on Tomb Raider, i can switch teams and mess up the oraganized parties, i can switch teams to the good team, or i can leave, no problem. I am not "raped".

Please use plain text.
Message 170 of 187 (66 Views)
0 Likes