May 20 2013
By: stayFROST-E Wastelander 697 posts

Tau Buff - Mods

29 replies 290 views Edited May 20, 2013

Most people agree that the tau is the most underpowered and underused gun in the game. I would say this is because of its unforgiving nature (slow RoF) and its lack of aim assist. Now while my solutions don't change this, they do add more use to the now. As it is now, the tau is very difficult to use and when mastered, while a good gun, isn't amazing. All of the other guns in the game are pretty easy to use, so, I feel like it isn't fair to the tau for it to be so underused. 

My solution is to add a few mods to it. It already is the only sidearm to be able to use call out. The mods are: Scope zoom and silencer. Scope Zoom is pretty self explanatory and works just like it does with primaries. I don't know how much yet, but I'm thinking something like 2 or 3x zoom. As it is now, it seems like it has maybe 1.2x zoom. As for the silencer, this would work in two ways. First, it would obviously drastically reduce the sound made by the gun, but it would also elimate the smoke trail (or whatever that is) from the bullet (essentially the paid booster Untracable). As the gun is already fairly underpowered, I doubt this would make it suddenly OP. 

So, what do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (290 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16985 posts

Re: Tau Buff - Mods

May 20, 2013
Personally, I think it's fine with the mods it currently has. It becomes pretty good if you use Reload Speed and RoF on it, as well as Daredevil in the very possible case of running out of ammo.

Also, I find the Raffica far worse than the Tau and it should really only be used when trying the Raffica-Dragon trick. IMO:

Para > Micro > Tau > Raffica

Although I do have to say I don't really use the Micro much anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4642 posts

May 20, 2013

The gun doesn't zoom at all actually... mods are fine, I don't care about new mods really as the gun is easy to use with the RoF buff it got.

I really just think it should get a base max ammo buff and I guess give the scope some default zoom, I don't mind it but it will help.

--
It's a common fact that anyone who does better than you is a lagger.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

May 20, 2013

@DAG Yeah, RS is an absolute must. However, I see RoF as almost useless in the way that I use the tau. It does make a small increase in fire rate but I guess my target acquisition is too slow for it to actually make it useful. DD is also a good idea. But I have to disagree with you about the raffica. I find it far more forgiving that the tau. If you make all your shots connect with the tau it may be more effective but in the chaotic environment that a game is it's hard to always have that option (once again, I see placing shots more important than bullet output, thereby making RoF ineffective IMO). I've never used the Raffica-Dragon trick so I don't know about that.

I get that the tau is useable, it's just difficult to learn. I just think it'd be nice to have a little more incentive to use that gun. Right now, the para 9 does everything that all the other guns do, only better. These mods wouldn't drastically change the way the gun functions, they just emphasize it's ability to play a support role. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

May 20, 2013
It's probaby too late to make changes this big, and I'm somewhat doubtful this gun will return for UC4, but I guess it's possible. And Raffica is worse in my opinion, it takes longer to kill, and has no advantages over the Para-9. (Raffica could use stopping power, faster RoF and better hit detection)

I honestly feel Tau needs to zoom without the need for a weapon mod, it already has a scope. A silencer would be interesting, I'd love to use that, but I'm actually not sure if they be fitted onto revolvers in real life, not that realism really matters in this game since I can transform into a bunch of spiders.

If they increased the ammo, added a zoom function, increased the accuracy, or increased the headshot damage, the Tau would have a wider range of users. If they did all four of these things, it would *almost* be on par with the Para-9 in terms of power...

Another mod that would work for the Tau (and any other aim only weapons) is a stopping power mod, but Cogburn wouldn't like it. :/
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

May 20, 2013

@ sanddude I didn't really know, it just seems like there's a little zoom to it. Also, I think a MA mod would be a good idea too. The thing is that my primary weapon is the AK, then the G-MAL, then the FAL. The AK has mediocre blindfire, and the G-MAL and the FAL have the kind of blindfire that you wouldn't want to have to rely on. So, what would be my sidearm or choice. Well, obviously the para because it has the best blindfire and it's also good for longer range shots. If I use that tau, I sacrifice any kind of effective blindfire, so I think there should be more incentive to use a gun that supports one style of play and not both. By adding a **bleep** mod, it would be more effective at long range (especially because I use SI with my AK). A silencer could add a variety of helpful aspects to the tau, and yet still not make it OP. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

May 20, 2013

@ SjShane  It's quite possible that it is too late. But if it is, these forums are probably almost useless. Both the tau and the raffica are far below the para-9 as far as general effectiveness so I guess which one is better than the other is not super important, but maybe the raffica and the tau should get a silencer mod. The "scope" on the tau currently is more of an ACOG sight (much like the Python with the ACOG in CoD BO) so **bleep** would basically put a scope on it versus whatever it is now. And I already have daredevil equiped on all my loadouts so MA isn't a big concern to me, but I see how it could definately be an issue. I'd rather have them just increase the base ammo again to something like 24. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (255 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16985 posts

May 20, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

@DAG Yeah, RS is an absolute must. However, I see RoF as almost useless in the way that I use the tau. It does make a small increase in fire rate but I guess my target acquisition is too slow for it to actually make it useful. DD is also a good idea. But I have to disagree with you about the raffica. I find it far more forgiving that the tau. If you make all your shots connect with the tau it may be more effective but in the chaotic environment that a game is it's hard to always have that option (once again, I see placing shots more important than bullet output, thereby making RoF ineffective IMO). I've never used the Raffica-Dragon trick so I don't know about that.

I get that the tau is useable, it's just difficult to learn. I just think it'd be nice to have a little more incentive to use that gun. Right now, the para 9 does everything that all the other guns do, only better. These mods wouldn't drastically change the way the gun functions, they just emphasize it's ability to play a support role. 

I use the Tau I mentioned with my Kal-7 WE class, so it fits in well with the Kal-7 and me having some option for longer range combat. Granted, it's not the best, but it's something and gets a free buff with RS and RoF when I'm primarily trying to buff my Kal-7 with mods. :smileywink:

It can be very fun to use and get kills with, but it needs to be given the chance to do so.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4642 posts

May 20, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

@ sanddude I didn't really know, it just seems like there's a little zoom to it. Also, I think a MA mod would be a good idea too. The thing is that my primary weapon is the AK, then the G-MAL, then the FAL. The AK has mediocre blindfire, and the G-MAL and the FAL have the kind of blindfire that you wouldn't want to have to rely on. So, what would be my sidearm or choice. Well, obviously the para because it has the best blindfire and it's also good for longer range shots. If I use that tau, I sacrifice any kind of effective blindfire, so I think there should be more incentive to use a gun that supports one style of play and not both. By adding a **bleep** mod, it would be more effective at long range (especially because I use SI with my AK). A silencer could add a variety of helpful aspects to the tau, and yet still not make it OP. 

I wasn't talking about mods, I was talking about its base stats increasing.

The way I always saw it is that your pistol should pick up slack for what your long gun can't do. Which is why I use the tau with the kal, so I'm capable of getting kills past 15 feet.

--
It's a common fact that anyone who does better than you is a lagger.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

May 20, 2013

The Tau's actually a cool gun to use, especially since I use it with the AK now that I'm not trying to do a Drake loadout.

What I'm very disappointed about the Tau is that it doesn't zoom. It has a scope, you look though the scope, and it has practically zero zoom. Why is it like that? Why would you put a 0x zoom scope on a pistol, or even for any gun?

Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (238 Views)
0 Likes